October Recruiting Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
McGill highlights from the event:

Oh baby. The attitude cops will be coming out of the woodwork on this kid. A good coach can teach a kid to control it but nobody can provide that kind of confidence. It’ll be interesting to see where she winds up.

Reaction Score
Oh baby. The attitude cops will be coming out of the woodwork on this kid. A good coach can teach a kid to control it but nobody can provide that kind of confidence. It’ll be interesting to see where she winds up.
She should have ended up on the bench after getting in that girls face like that. Confidence is great, arrogance, not so much.

Reaction Score
I've been debating whether to say anything on a Uconn blog on this issue but if I were Kiki, this would be a very difficult decision. Uconn would be a great choice and a super fit but the value of a Stanford education is also extremely valuable and I've watched some videos about Kiki and she's more than just a basketball player. She can do anything she wants to do in life and she actually reminds me a little of Susan Rice in terms of personality and intellect. Stanford has 9 guards already on the roster but I think Kiki is a quintessential "real" point guard who can penetrate and would be a great floor general anywhere and I think she plays anywhere she goes. imagine her doing the pick and roll play over and over again with the player I think will dominate in College basketball the next 4 years right out of the gate, Stanford signee Betts. At the same time Uconn might have 2 of the greatest college shooting guards EVER in Paige and Azzi. Stanford's Jones might be the real best college woman in the sport right now but she's gone after next year probably. It's a tough decision but Kiki plays anywhere she goes. She's that good. I think she could make more money at Uconn by the way and that's not insignificant. She would also be better prepared for the pros. If she wants to be a basketball player first and foremost then Uconn. If she wants a solid basketball career but also a better foundation for later in life than that pick Stanford. I actually don't really like Stanford's approach to developing players so to me there is a difference in that regard. Forget about any other options. Duke is a BS school really. Rich kids who are supplemented by a few high achievers. Everyone paying a fortune who's not a genius. Stanford is for real. Condeleeza Rice taught at Stanford also by the way. Kiki is a prototypical pro level point guard. More than anyone we have currently and it's not even that close.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Mikaylah Williams....

Wow! Welcome to the Mikaylah Williams bandwagon Bret.

(Mikaylah Williams) is the best high school girls hooper I’ve ever seen.
Bret H. McCormick
For those not in the know Bret has seen a few hoopers in his day and is among the most respected talent evaluators by those that count the most-college coaches.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Not much a UConn prospect at this point. She is good, the problem is she knows it and flaunts it. Didn't notice what class she is in, but that attitude will be hard to harness before recruiting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom