OT: October is National Pizza Month | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: October is National Pizza Month

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
:eek: I'm curious to hear how that turns out. Sometimes various things that are good are not so good when combined with each other. This combo sounds...questionable.

I must admit when I walked up to the counter I was a bit apprehensive about ordering it....took a while to decide..... but the guy gave me the option of doing a half and half pizza. So i went half hot dogs and fries.... the other half meatball, basil, garlic, and ricotta.

Lemme tell ya.... that hot dog and fry combo sounds odd on a pizza..... but it was DELICIOUS .... had me dancing around like.

dancing.gif

My only regret was only getting it on half of the pizza :oops:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My schedule and the weather are finally cooperating, so tonight is pizza night. I’ll make three. One plain cheese for the daughter, one mushroom for the wife, and one bacon for me. The latter two will likely also have caramelized onions on half. I cook the bacon to a crisp before putting it under the cheese to cook, a tip I got from my brother.

Reaction Score
There is a huge thread (190 pages) on the men’s board for Best Pizza in CT. Always makes me super hungry. A BY search yielded over 30 pizza threads, so here it is...

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Should we ask the "pineapple question"? :)
Only if you’re prepared for the blech! responses. ;)

I am, of course not throwing stones from my glass house. I grill my pizza in the summer. It’s a very different beast from an oven pizza, much drier.

FWIW, last time I was in Hawaii, the best local pizza place was run by a guy from Boston. I knew the accent after he said about two words, and had a long chat with him; he left New England about the same time I did.

Reaction Score
I know Milford’s answer on the pineapple question, but I’ll speak for myself. Let me also preface by admitting that I’m definitely a traditional New Haven pizza snob. But... Pineapple YES!! No canned stuff - only real, fresh pineapple. Chop up a thick slice of honey-maple ham. Yum!!

Reaction Score
Only if you’re prepared for the blech! responses. ;)

I am, of course not throwing stones from my glass house. I grill my pizza in the summer. It’s a very different beast from an oven pizza, much drier.

FWIW, last time I was in Hawaii, the best local pizza place was run by a guy from Boston. I knew the accent after he said about two words, and had a long chat with him; he left New England about the same time I did.

Do they call it Hawaiian Pizza in Hawaii? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Bump for 2020.... time flies doesn't it?

31 days to celebrate..... lots of time to experiment... but for me.... Pizza should have at least one pork product on top :cool:

giphy.gif

If October is National Pizza month, the best (and only) place to celebrate it properly is CT.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If October is National Pizza month, the best (and only) place to celebrate it properly is CT.

You know.. I've heard yall brag on the CT Pizza places for a while... and...... I've been on the BY and its predecessor site for 12 years... and not ONCE has anyone fedex'ed me a Pizza from CT.

giphy.gif

Maybe I'd be better off asking some ex-gf's from CT to send some down instead :oops:

Reaction Score
You know.. I've heard yall brag on the CT Pizza places for a while... and...... I've been on the BY and its predecessor site for 12 years... and not ONCE has anyone fedex'ed me a Pizza from CT.

giphy.gif

Maybe I'd be better off asking some ex-gf's from CT to send some down instead :oops:

You are invited to come up anytime and I'm sure a number of us Boneyarders will be more than happy to take you out for some of the best pizza in the country. I'm 8 minutes from Wooster Street, home of Pepe's and Sally's.

Reaction Score
If you like a lot of toppings on your pizza, and I know some purist don't, then Mario's in that vacation haven of Waterbury is very good.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bump for 2020.... time flies doesn't it?

31 days to celebrate..... lots of time to experiment... but for me.... Pizza should have at least one pork product on top :cool:

giphy.gif
Geez again? It's like they do this every year. :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does pineapple belong on pizza?
Some people say, "absolutely not." I think pineapple with ham, Canadian bacon, or regular bacon works just fine. Pineapple without one of those is not good, in my opinion.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

I have a feeling you are frequently disappointed in your calls for fellow BYers to send you food samples from their regions. I know I've been shirking my responsibilities to send you apples and salmon...for Coach Lawson of course! :cool:

Reaction Score
If October is really pizza month I propose adding an extra week to October by taking one away fom January..can I get an Amen?

Reaction Score
Some people say, "absolutely not." I think pineapple with ham, Canadian bacon, or regular bacon works just fine. Pineapple without one of those is not good, in my opinion.
Throw in some jalapeños. That sweet and Spicy works for me!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom