O.T. Cleveland Guardians | The Boneyard

O.T. Cleveland Guardians

Reaction Score
Sounds to me like it would be a good idea for the city of Cleveland to change the name of the stadium to The Galaxy so the team could then be known as The Guardians of The Galaxy.
Does sound good, however a cooperate sponsor is need for the Mula!

Reaction Score
At least they settled on a new name. Washington got rid of the Redskins name and still haven't come up with a new one.

Folks have said they should have kept the name and simply replaced the Native American mascot with a potato.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
At least they settled on a new name. Washington got rid of the Redskins name and still haven't come up with a new one.

Folks have said they should have kept the name and simply replaced the Native American mascot with a potato.
I always thought they should be named Washington F.C., in the tradition of English soccer teams.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

They do have a name - the Washington Football Team.

...Just in case people didn't know what sport they were watching... lol :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The obvious choice was the Cleveland Mistakes (by the Lake).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Some humorous takes on the new choice of mascot:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
They do have a name - the Washington Football Team.

...Just in case people didn't know what sport they were watching... lol :rolleyes:
And they’re referred to in the newspaper as the WFT. I’m not a football fan, but do glance at the sports section now and then. I’m used to seeing those letters in not quite that order, so seeing them repeatedly from the corner of my eye in the Washington Post, I was quite taken aback.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And they’re referred to in the newspaper as the WFT. I’m not a football fan, but do glance at the sports section now and then. I’m used to seeing those letters in not quite that order, so seeing them repeatedly from the corner of my eye in the Washington Post, I was quite taken aback.
It's a shame they didn't call themselves the Washington Team of Football. Huge missed PR opportunity. :D

Reaction Score
I really think they should have gone with the Cleveland 'Cool Fellers', 'Young Fellers' or 'Old Fellers' as a little tribute to one of their greatest players of all time. Bob Feller got Satchel Paige to arrange exhibitions with sped up the eventual integration of baseball and he was also the first president of the MLBPA.

Reaction Score
Best hockey sweater..................Chicago Blackhawks. How long before it's gone?

Reaction Score
It's a shame they didn't call themselves the Washington Team of Football. Huge missed PR opportunity. :D
Oh, plenty of folks here refer to them by those initials, and aren't renewing their season tickets either. It's much more costly than a missed PR opportunity.

Reaction Score
I think they did a good job with the rename. I heard it was named after a bridge or something that leads into Cleveland, and the wings in the logo are part of that bridge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom