NY Liberty @ Phoenix Mercury 5-24-2017 | The Boneyard

NY Liberty @ Phoenix Mercury 5-24-2017

Reaction Score
Just finished watching the game.

I expected NY to blow the Mercury out of the gym with Phoenix playing without DT. They actually played pretty good without her tonight. Leilani Mitchell was a thorn in the side of NY all night. Phoenix still hasn't learned how to use Griner to her full potential on offense. I think part of it is because they cleaned house this offseason and have 10 new players.

Ephiffany Prince played the best game I've ever seen her play and she won the game on a last second trey.

BTW- the female announcer said that Bria Hartley wasn't a good point guard...Grrrr! That was after Mitchell picker her pocket at half-court in the first half.

Reaction Score
New York look rudderless without a PG and losing Boyd was huge for them. Prince will do in a fix, but she's not a natural PG -- nor is Rodgers -- and Hartley is not the answer there either. I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to package off some players -- mainly Zahui B + [I don't know who] -- for another team's PG. Stokes has yet to show her full strength, so I hope she starts rolling soon; the Liberty really need her to up her level again.

Phoenix doesn't have much return from last year, but they do have familiarity with each other in other ways. George ('15), Mitchell ('15), and Murphy ('14) have all played for Phoenix in the past so they know each other and the system, and George, Mitchell, and Talbot spent all summer playing on the Opals with each other, so they are familiar with each other, and George and Turner play on the same European team.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
New York look rudderless without a PG and losing Boyd was huge for them. Prince will do in a fix, but she's not a natural PG -- nor is Rodgers -- and Hartley is not the answer there either. I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to package off some players -- mainly Zahui B + [I don't know who] -- for another team's PG. Stokes has yet to show her full strength, so I hope she starts rolling soon; the Liberty really need her to up her level again.

Phoenix doesn't have much return from last year, but they do have familiarity with each other in other ways. George ('15), Mitchell ('15), and Murphy ('14) have all played for Phoenix in the past so they know each other and the system, and George, Mitchell, and Talbot spent all summer playing on the Opals with each other, so they are familiar with each other, and George and Turner play on the same European team.

If "trader Bill" sees things as you do, how long into the season you think Laimbeer will go until he packages a couple of players [for a trade] for a legitimate PG that will get them through (make them competitive) the rest of the season? Who is available that you think the Liberty could acquire?

Reaction Score
If "trader Bill" sees things as you do, how long into the season you think Laimbeer will go until he packages a couple of players [for a trade] for a legitimate PG that will get them through (make them competitive) the rest of the season? Who is available that you think the Liberty could acquire?

I haven't given it enough thought to answer most of those questions lol, but sooner rather than later if a move comes. Prince apparently leaves to represent Russia in EuroBasket pretty soon (next week? Meesseman just left DC yesterday and Vandersloot leaves Chicago after their next game), so things are about to get tight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom