Notre Dame vs. South Carolina in France! | The Boneyard

Notre Dame vs. South Carolina in France!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wonder who the French will root for. There are alot of Catholics over there, but the Rooster is a French national symbol.

Le-Coq-Sportif-Logo-700x394.png

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
If any SC or ND fans on the BY are considering going, do it! Hubby and I had tickets to the 1st USNA v ND football game in 2012 in Dublin and we were going to plan around the game with a week in Scotland (for him) and a week in Ireland (me). Then, our daughter announced she was pregnant and although due the following month, being it her 1st and our 1st g-kid, we reassessed and didn't go, because ... Needless to say, Fiona arrived "on time". :D

Reaction Score
This will be great for WBB. Viewership and Attendance will only continue to get better. I was hoping SC played ND in the ACC vs SEC matchup this year. Now I would like to see SC play VT or NC in a battle for Carolina type of feel.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I wonder who the French will root for. There are alot of Catholics over there, but the Rooster is a French national symbol.

View attachment 87270

Well, Citron is a French name (French: from Old French citron ‘lemon’ (from Latin citrus ‘lemon tree’) so maybe the French will take to Sonia! And of course, Notre Dame du lac was founded by missionaries from France.

In any case, this is pretty darn cool for the Irish, the Gamecocks and all of Women's College Basketball. Way to go, Dawn and Niele!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There must be a french recruit at Tenn currently or they got a commit from a French player.

Reaction Score
Wonder where Sania is.

Also, I still get hella sad not seeing the Freshies there, too. Gonna take some getting used to.

Reaction Score
She was in NYC with Zia the other night and that was probably recorded a day or two ago.

I pray she sticks around

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
She was in NYC with Zia the other night and that was probably recorded a day or two ago.

I pray she sticks around
With a chance to play on the "International" stage in Paris ? I would imagine that alone would be enough to keep Sania around. Staley has said she is actually more talented than Boston so she is not underappreciated. I doubt she goes this year but if playing time is a factor then next year may be a serious problem.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Yes, I'm sure both coaches will be spending some time with Dominique Malonga. :mad:
Maybe even, with each other. Niele and Carol Owens went out to dinner with Dawn during the U-19 World Cup and get along just fine.

Reaction Score
Makes sense that ND would agree to play S.C. now that Boston and crew have departed the Metro after 4 years. :rolleyes:
Was it rumored that they refused to play South Carolina last season? I thought I heard Duke refused but I hadn't heard that statement about any other school.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
@TheGOAT23 says:
Makes sense that ND would agree to play S.C. now that Boston and crew have departed the Metro after 4 years.
Was it rumored that they refused to play South Carolina last season? I thought I heard Duke refused but I hadn't heard that statement about any other school.

@GamecockFam: There are no rumors about ND refusing to play the Gamecocks that I know of, either on this board, McGraw's Bench. As noted in an earlier post, Coach Ivey and Coach Staley are pretty tight and have been known to go out to dinner.

Last year's out-of-conference schedule wasn't quite up to the usual ND standards, but I'm sure Niele will toughen it up this year. Last I checked, S. Carolina is still in the pre-season Top 10 and there's some Huskies team from NW Connecticut. ;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Makes sense that ND would agree to play S.C. now that Boston and crew have departed the Metro after 4 years. :rolleyes:
After a few years of struggling to put together a decent OOC, ND won’t be the only team dying to get SC on the schedule all of a sudden… :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

View attachment 87270
Personnaly, i would never imaging rooting for Notre Dame, even if Muffet is not there anymore, but I'm rooting for UCONN since such a long time - Would it happen in Turkey it would be much eventful, WBB is not followed by much people here

Reaction Score
Duke didnt refuse to play them. They couldnt find a date that worked bc of a screw up with their game against Texas A&M. Pretty sure they resume their series next year. Plus the ACC/SEC challenge starts in 23/24.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Personnaly, i would never imaging rooting for Notre Dame, even if Muffet is not there anymore, but I'm rooting for UCONN since such a long time - Would it happen in Turkey it would be much eventful, WBB is not followed by much people here
Many of us are well aware that you're a UConn fan, but it's somewhat off-topic here, since the game is between ND and South Carolina.

However, the Irish are playing UConn (at UConn, I believe) in December. Can guess there will be a very long and populated thread for that.

Reaction Score
Many of us are well aware that you're a UConn fan, but it's somewhat off-topic here, since the game is between ND and South Carolina.

However, the Irish are playing UConn (at UConn, I believe) in December. Can guess there will be a very long and populated thread for that.
just said I will never be rooting for ND against whoever

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom