Not declaring for the draft- Aubrey | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Not declaring for the draft- Aubrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She needs to stay for two years….she is not ready….and she must become a legitimate outside threat to improve her WNBA value

Reaction Score
This post is entertaining but still misses the point. The better player is always (ALWAYS) the one who makes her team win. Stats are great but don’t give a full picture of what a player means to a team. Paige was NPOY two years ago even though Caitlin had better stats. Why? Because she made UConn win. She carried the team to a final four as a freshman. This has always been the problem with Caitlin’s game — and it’s not all her fault — that even though Iowa would be nowhere without her, she couldn’t carry them to a final four. Well, she fixed that this year. She upped her game both as a score and a passer. She clearly deserves the NPOY this year as I’ve been saying for quite a while. And as I said in a recent post, if she engineers an upset against SC and maybe even wins an NC, we’ll all be putting her in the GOAT conversation.

But Paige is still the better overall player in my book, and I’m pretty sure after they both graduate well all remember it that way. Why? Because we know she makes us win. And it’s not by filling up the stat sheet. Also worth noting that UConn players tend not to have the gaudy stats, and this is because of the team concept we play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom