Not declaring for the draft- Aubrey | The Boneyard

Not declaring for the draft- Aubrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Aubrey was wise to stay another year.............she certainly improved in all areas this year and hopefully she will refine her midrange and outside shooting over the summer to make her a really complete player capable of a WNBA career.....

Reaction Score
What we have coming back for next years is all good news…who are the new incoming freshmen recruits?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I am hoping Geno hits the transfer portal and brings in one or two more bigs that can contribute ASAP.

Reaction Score
LSU. Will be scary next year.
Yeah, everyone thinks this is the beginning of a Staley dynasty. But maybe it’s really the beginning of the new Age of Mulkey. :p:D:eek:

Reaction Score
good for Aubrey, and UConn. Frankly, I don't see why, with NIL now firmly in place, and the fact that women's basketball players seem to suffer more knee injuries than their male counterparts, that anyone would not want to stay as long as they can, and get an advanced degree and prepare themselves for life after basketball.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Aubrey can use this year to improve her scoring and that is principally a mental thing as a couple of games showed us this year. I'd say the same for Nika but her head game on not shooting is something else.

Reaction Score
Aubrey can use this year to improve her scoring and that is principally a mental thing as a couple of games showed us this year. I'd say the same for Nika but her head game on not shooting is something else.
Nika is a pass first PG who would rather set up the offense for her teammates rather than for herself. She is never going to be looking to go on a scoring tear. It's not a head game as it's quite intentional.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nika is a pass first PG who would rather set up the offense for her teammates rather than for herself. She is never going to be looking to go on a scoring tear. It's not a head game as it's quite intentional.
Nika - that's why I said it is not a head game. She's doing it with intent. Maybe Geno has decided to let it go. I'm not asking Nika to "go on a scoring tear." But to take a shot when it's the best shot on the floor. Your point guard is hurting the game when she does not do this. BTW big Nika fan.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Right now, had Aubrey declared for the draft, she probably doesn’t stick in the W. Another year at UConn to refine her game, improve her offense and strengthen her back will go along way towards improving Aubrey’s chances in the W next year.

Reaction Score
This has been a good year for Aubrey because she got so many minutes. And it showed her improvement in some areas. But her best moments have always been when she comes off the bench and gives the opponent a jolt. In those moments she can be truly electrifying

PvP

Reaction Score
I am hoping Geno hits the transfer portal and brings in one or two more bigs that can contribute ASAP.
With 14 players already receiving scholarships, the most he can add is one...and I hope she is big, strong and a rebounder par excellence!

Reaction Score
I think Aubrey's professional potential is more on the wing, but I think in college she is a better4 than 3. Her overall statistical numbers (PER and per minute) were better her first two years when she was a 4 than this season when out of necessity she had to spend more time at the 3.

That might be because of the back issues, but by the eye test she seemed to have her athletic ability back this year, and remember how terrific she was playing the 4 against Baylor when Aaliyah was in foul trouble.

Next year she could be a great swing player between the 3 and the 4. A proven very high quality backup to Aaliyah, a possible starter at the 4 if the newcomers aren't ready and Aaliyah is the 5, and a great defensive/rebounding alternative with different skills from Caroline as a sub for the guards. I think if she plays as much or more at the 4 she will be even better than she was mostly as a 3.

JBK

Reaction Score
Nika - that's why I said it is not a head game. She's doing it with intent. Maybe Geno has decided to let it go. I'm not asking Nika to "go on a scoring tear." But to take a shot when it's the best shot on the floor. Your point guard is hurting the game when she does not do this. BTW big Nika fan.
I admire people that support incredible athletes like NIka - who gives her heart and sole to her team and teammates. But we all have to realize that it is not her “ intent “ not to shoot when her defender is not guarding her or perhaps pulling up for a jump shop. - it is just not the strength of her “game” and she knows that.
Many scouts have stated her 3 point shot looks a bit awkward - whether it goes in or not.
For her to play at the next level she will need to improve her offensive game. I thin she should spend another 2 years at UCONN if she is allowed. The point guards that may go to the WNBA after next season is many —
Most people outside the UConn family will take the Virginia tech point guard in a second over Nika.
Nika is determined and an incredibly talented athlete and Is capable of another big jump next year. What she accomplished this year was amazing
I know many are rooting for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg