Northwestern PG leaves the ball on the court to tie shoe | The Boneyard

Northwestern PG leaves the ball on the court to tie shoe

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
This, and Duke defends the wrong basket.

I thought they were supposed to be the smart ones!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice lately the number of shoes that are coming off in games?? It's been several this season.
Yes, I have and every time when the player goes and fetches the shoe, they just slip it back on! I know some posters have talked about how at the very 1st practice for UCLA under John Wooden, he would go over how to wear two pairs of socks and then properly tie the shoes so they would not come off. If they did either during practice or in the game, the players were removed and benched. Further evidence on the lack of details. Also ironic of this video from the supposed "smart" schools in hoopville. Head bang

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
In her defense, the defensive player knocked her arse-over-teacups and should have been charged for a foul. imho

Reaction Score
This person should be playing for College of Charleston, the folks who played with a men's team bball for game after game and allegedly didn't realize it. She would fit right in.

Reaction Score
Used to be able to find it. Last time I looked though, couldn't find it. :confused:
I think the clip was part of the last ESPN series on UConn "The Climb" which was around on youtube for a while then disappeared a few years ago which is weird that a copyright holder would wait years to go after posted videos. It was part of the same series where Kelly Faris was a freshman (and introduced herself as "ahmnu" aka I'm new), Dinner at Geno's, Maya eating and playing drums and being left at a rest stop... really was a great series and too bad it has since been taken down.

Reaction Score
In her defense, the defensive player knocked her arse-over-teacups and should have been charged for a foul. imho
I would agree, except for the fact that it was fundamentally a loose ball. Both has a right to the same space, and the contact was neither egregious nor one sided. A good no-call, and given the situation, even more appropriate.

Stooopid is as stooopid does. I'm going to get crucified for saying that, but it applies, here (IMO).

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice lately the number of shoes that are coming off in games?? It's been several this season.

Yes, but when it happened the other night (maybe Miss St or Texas?), the player got an offensive rebound and a put back, then got back and played defense before the ref handed the player's shoe back once her team was on offense again. I was impressed by the oboard and defense with one shoe.

Reaction Score
That was the dumbest move by a PG since the Portland Blazer who tried to go through airport security metal detector with Marijuana wrapped in aluminum foil.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She was counting the number of seconds she had to get across mid court in her head, starting with "one two, buckle my shot..."

I don't know how anyone who has played any sort of organized ball could think to do this. Poo girl, she will never live that down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom