Northampton/Amherst Area Travel Ideas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Northampton/Amherst Area Travel Ideas

Reaction Score
Boneyard brethren:

Our last hoorah of the summer before the school year starts is a central MA trip where we're staying at a nicer hotel and then hanging with friends tonight and tomorrow in Amherst.

However, the homeowners in Amherst just got sick (they'll be fine) and now we have a hotel reservation and nothing else planned. We won't get up to MA until 7ish, so looking for any recs for Monday morning/afternoon.

I've been to Northampton many times and haven't been to Amherst for any reason aside to visit campus, so I'm open to checking it out. In the spirit of variety, we'd like to try something different than visiting Northampton again, although I like the town.

Coffee/breakfast, walking, places of interest recs recommended. Probably driving back to CT after lunch on Monday.

Thanks!
Yo, if you are a museum goer, the Smith Museum is excellent. Many alumni have left fine works and a former Hfd family had a relative Dwright Tryon who taught and left a number of his fine tonalist oils for the college. Allow 2 hrs and enjoy the collection of fine contemporary benches to rest upon.
The MMOCA museum is in North Adams about 1:30 minutes West off of Route 91 from Greenfield on Rte 2. Plan a beautiful stop at the famous Shelbrune Falls Bridge of Flowers, a former arched trolley bridge in the European style just off of Route 2 W. Ice cream or lunch is optional.

Of course, if in the Northern Berkshires, a must stop is the Clark Museum in charming Williamstown, Headquarters for the finest collection of Homer, Renior Sargent and many other world-class paintings. The current exhibition is of Rodin's bronzes. WOW!
Boneyard brethren:

Our last hoorah of the summer before the school year starts is a central MA trip where we're staying at a nicer hotel and then hanging with friends tonight and tomorrow in Amherst.

However, the homeowners in Amherst just got sick (they'll be fine) and now we have a hotel reservation and nothing else planned. We won't get up to MA until 7ish, so looking for any recs for Monday morning/afternoon.

I've been to Northampton many times and haven't been to Amherst for any reason aside to visit campus, so I'm open to checking it out. In the spirit of variety, we'd like to try something different than visiting Northampton again, although I like the town.

Coffee/breakfast, walking, places of interest recs recommended. Probably driving back to CT after lunch on Monday.

Thanks!

Reaction Score
Yo, if you are a museum goer, the Smith Museum is excellent. Many alumni have left fine works and a former voldemort family had a relative Dwright Tryon who taught and left a number of his fine tonalist oils for the college. Allow 2 hrs and enjoy the collection of fine contemporary benches to rest upon.
The MMOCA museum is in North Adams about 1:30 minutes West off of Route 91 from Greenfield on Rte 2. Plan a beautiful stop at the famous Shelbrune Falls Bridge of Flowers, a former arched trolley bridge in the European style just off of Route 2 W. Ice cream or lunch is optional.

Of course, if in the Northern Berkshires, a must stop is the Clark Museum in charming Williamstown, Headquarters for the finest collection of Homer, Renior Sargent and many other world-class paintings. The current exhibition is of Rodin's bronzes. WOW!
Additional note, the Rodin show is up through Sept but check the Clark web site. The three (3) gallery show is much better than the Paris Rodin Museum and saves you the air fare.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You haven't lived until you have smelled all the wonderful candle scents at Yankee Candle in Deerfield Village!
Maybe so but the Mohegan Sun store is selling large jar candles for $15.

Reaction Score
You haven't lived until you have smelled all the wonderful candle scents at Yankee Candle in Deerfield Village!
I'll pass out if I go there.

Back home. We had brunch at Jake's in Northampton, our second time there. Forgot how good it is. I had a roasted vegetable eggs benedict with roasted potatoes. It was so freakin' good.

Always a good time in Northampton. Used to go to a ton of shows at Pearl Street and Iron Horse back in my UConn years.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom