OT: - Nor'easter | The Boneyard

OT: Nor'easter

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Hope all of you are safe and warm during this storm in New England. you might need some Husky help.

Reaction Score
Just some wind. And a very high tide. Nothing we don't see on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
True about October (and did not mean to diminish the storm). But not unusual for New England to experience 60 mph winds, especially with Winter approaching.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
True about October (and did not mean to diminish the storm). But not unusual for New England to experience 60 mph winds, especially with Winter approaching.:cool:
That's why I live in Las Vegas. Hardly ever gets below freezing and when it's hot outside it's usually very low in humidity.

Reaction Score
That's why I live in Las Vegas. Hardly ever gets below freezing and when it's hot outside it's usually very low in humidity.
Ah, the old "dry heat" ruse. I, too, might have fallen for that had I not heard it explained by a comedian performing in Las Vegas. He was no fan of the heat and he found himself with only two potential venues. Vegas was actually his second choice. As he explained it, "All the flights to the sun were booked."

Reaction Score
Some spot outages in town where trees were blown down into lines but for the most part unaffected. Got lucky again I guess.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
But it does get boring. :p

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Sorry, still doesn't do it. Prefer the color green over the color brown. And the ocean over the desert.

As for dry heat, my oven has dry heat. But I don't spend a lot of time in there. (except after UConn losses :confused:)
It's not all brown. I drove from Las Vegas to Temecula a couple of years ago. We saw lots of gray too.

Reaction Score
Played golf in May (year ago) there at a conference, and still have the burn on my hand from the 104* day where my sunscreen wore off. Brutal day.

Reaction Score
Ah, the old "dry heat" ruse. I, too, might have fallen for that had I not heard it explained by a comedian performing in Las Vegas. He was no fan of the heat and he found himself with only two potential venues. Vegas was actually his second choice. As he explained it, "All the flights to the sun were booked."
This land is my land, this land is your land. I love it top to bottom side to side. and lived in most of it at some time.

Reaction Score
Sorry, still doesn't do it. Prefer the color green over the color brown. And the ocean over the desert.

As for dry heat, my oven has dry heat. But I don't spend a lot of time in there. (except after UConn losses :confused:)

I've experienced dry heat playing golf in 105 in AZ. It was a lot less oppressive than 85 with 90% humidity in CT. And with all I would not pay to the CT government I could afford a new CA unit.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I've experienced dry heat playing golf in 105 in AZ. It was a lot less oppressive than 85 with 90% humidity in CT. And with all I would not pay to the CT government I could afford a new CA unit.
I've visited AZ twice to play golf (Scottsdale). Both were 1 week trips in late April and it rained every day but one each trip. It was also pretty cold. We took a road trip to Sedona and it snowed on the way. On the plus side the desert bloomed and it was awesome.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Power just came back on, thanks to the French speaking Canadian utility crews who came to help the customarily useless Central Maine Power folks. Took the time away from the internet to brush up on wood splitting. Warm house, candlelight, howling wind... no complaints. Well, maybe a little one. Takes forever to make coffee on the wood stove. First world problems. ;)

As I've been totally out of touch with WBB for a couple of days, is it safe to assume that the sky is still falling and we still need bigs?

Reaction Score
Happy the storm is gone!!! Got kind of windy where we were!!!! But we lived in Vermont for many years so extreme weather is nothing new!!!

Reaction Score
I've visited AZ twice to play golf (Scottsdale). Both were 1 week trips in late April and it rained every day but one each trip. It was also pretty cold. We took a road trip to Sedona and it snowed on the way. On the plus side the desert bloomed and it was awesome.

I've been many times and April was the best month. I did get hit once with a bad storm that flooded the valley for an afternoon. I learned what all those dry gulches are used for.

I also was there in December. Played golf in the morning in 70 degrees and made snowballs in Sedona in the late afternoon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom