Non-Key Tweets | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
This had to be done months ago.

I would suggest putting all tweets from MHer, the Dude, etc in here and letting the semi-serious tweeters get more conversation time in the Key Tweets thread.

Everytime I open that thread I go from hopeful to wanting to put a fork in my nutsack.

Reaction Score
This had to be done months ago.

I would suggest putting all tweets from MHer, the Dude, etc in here and letting the semi-serious tweeters get more conversation time in the Key Tweets thread.

Everytime I open that thread I go from hopeful to wanting to put a fork in my nutsack.

No set of circumstances would make me want to put a fork in my nutsack. None. Ever.

Reaction Score
I was wondering myself why those WV morons were included in a thread called "key tweets".

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This is a legit source so we should put it in the Key Tweets thread right?

@McMurphyESPN
New Big East presidents just voted to add Florida Gulf Coast instead of Georgetown

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I read a tweet from a legit media source a few months ago that the NY Football Giants had hired a man named George DeLeone as their OL coach.
Damn, I was so happy when that looked like it was going to happen. Great couple of days.

Reaction Score
FWIW.

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda 6h
Independent sources saying 3 schools held off on signing the ACC GOR to see if network happened. Swing and a miss. No idea what happens now.

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV 6h
Color me stupefied. ACC GoR does have an out if no ACC Network. ESPN still resistant.

Reaction Score
FWIW.

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda 6h
Independent sources saying 3 schools held off on signing the ACC GOR to see if network happened. Swing and a miss. No idea what happens now.

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV 6h
Color me stupefied. ACC GoR does have an out if no ACC Network. ESPN still resistant.

The problem here is that the schools likeliest to leave to the B1G are the schools that sold the network down the river to Raycom. Well, maybe not Virginia, but Tobacco Road certainly.

Where is FSU going to go? Come on!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm sure the grant of rights gets done - you don't announce it unless it's effectively done.

But the ACC Network is stillborn. There's no place to sell it.

Reaction Score
FSU AD Spetman steps down effective immediately. . .FSU President Barron looking for a new AD that will focus on revenue. GOR related? It may have been in the works for a while, but the abruptness is surprising.

"On Thursday, Barron said he would look to hire an athletic director who would "take the program to the next level" and generate new streams of revenue. "You can't find a program in this country that is not looking at the revenue side of the issue and how it is that you're competing," Barron said."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...-seminoles-say-ad-randy-spetman-stepping-down

Reaction Score
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV7h
Expansion.... its back and I'm somewhat sad it is...

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda13h
@IngramSmith Hearing some interesting reasons why FSU is holding off signing the ACC GOR. Lots of unhappy folks in Tally. Can you confirm?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
As long as Swofford's son works at Raycom, they won't be selling those rights back to ESPN. However, if he gets a job at ESPN the ACC network will suddenly become a whole lot more viable.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV7h
Expansion.... its back and I'm somewhat sad it is...it was kind of nice getting out of the basement every once in a while.

Reaction Score
They're at it again ...

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda 19m
People took their shots at me when the ACC GOR was "done", then we found out it wasn't done, prepare to eat real crow this week #ACCmeltdown

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV 8 Jun
Dragged back in... Expansion update on Tuesday. B1G drama and FSU woes.

Reaction Score
They're at it again ...

People took their shots at me when the ACC GOR was "done", then we found out it wasn't done, prepare to eat real crow this week #ACCmeltdown

Just saw this. I wonder if this is actual smoke or are these guys smelling their own farts. Yoda is hard to take serious. He was all despondent when the ACC GOR was announced proclaiming the Big 12, had lost its chance now he is telling people they will eat crow? Which is it man?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
They're at it again ...

My goodness, I would get beyond excited just to see UConn mentioned for any conference at this point. I think we can survive a few years of AAC affiliation but if we get to 2016 and beyond and there are no new rumors, we would have to play catch up with our local former conference rivals.

Reaction Score
Who the h**l is this guy?
"UM AD indicated Expansion is still on, but not interested in ACC schools." When? Not on twitter to ask him for a link or source.

Chris A. Curtis@Iamgrizzly1974 1h
@theDudeofWV UM AD indicated Expansion is still on, but not interested in ACC schools. Why? since ESPN saying NO ACC network kills ACC GoR

Reaction Score
UM? Is he talking about Michigan? The only thing he mentioned was a month or so back that he doesn't think CR is done long term - but it was a very open ended remark.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Just saw this. I wonder if this is actual smoke or are these guys smelling their own farts.
Maybe both? That's what happens if you eat too much barbecue.

Reaction Score
UM? Is he talking about Michigan? The only thing he mentioned was a month or so back that he doesn't think CR is done long term - but it was a very open ended remark.

I think so but I am not aware of any discussion about CR from David Brandon, Michigan's AD, since the B1G meetings in mid-May.

Reaction Score
Who the h**l is this guy?
"UM AD indicated Expansion is still on, but not interested in ACC schools." When? Not on twitter to ask him for a link or source.

Chris A. Curtis@Iamgrizzly1974 1h
@theDudeofWV UM AD indicated Expansion is still on, but not interested in ACC schools. Why? since ESPN saying NO ACC network kills ACC GoR

The Dude of WV is the one who said that the Big 12 and the Big 10 are not interested in ACC schools.
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV7 Jun
@OmegaSupreme914 @frankthetank111 @greatscott98 B12 isn’t interested in ACC schools. Neither is the B1G

Chris Curtis is questioning why the Dude is saying this since the UM AD indicated that expansion is still on. I don't think Chris Curtis is saying that the UM AD said that the Big 10 isn't interested in ACC schools. He is questioning why the Dude is saying it.

Reaction Score
The Dude of WV is the one who said that the Big 12 and the Big 10 are not interested in ACC schools.
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV7 Jun
@OmegaSupreme914 @frankthetank111 @greatscott98 B12 isn’t interested in ACC schools. Neither is the B1G

Chris Curtis is questioning why the Dude is saying this since the UM AD indicated that expansion is still on. I don't think Chris Curtis is saying that the UM AD said that the Big 10 isn't interested in ACC schools. He is questioning why the Dude is saying it.

Thanks. This makes sense. I should have more carefully looked at it the first time. I went back through and looked more at the conversation. My apologies to Chris Curtis. Since the Dude of WV has been "Dragged back in", I guess we will have to see what he comes up with for his "Expansion update on Tuesday".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom