Non-Key Tweets | Page 778 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Not a great time for UConn with all this going on having an interim President not that there is anything actionable until we see the ACC break GOR and lose at least 2 but probably need 4 members leaving before UConn comes into play.

It always seems to happen when our administration is in shambles. Lots of bad luck and incompetence has lead us to where we are.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not a great time for UConn with all this going on having an interim President not that there is anything actionable until we see the ACC break GOR and lose at least 2 but probably need 4 members leaving before UConn comes into play.

Who do you have ahead of us?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The article gives it away. The corner schools are worth AT LEAST as much as the Big 12 schools. If that is the case, and UO/UW/Cal/Stanford are staying and worth even more, why would the corner schools leave? It makes no sense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
college football fan@Genetics56 · 1h
It's going to be a wild week. A lot of schools have emergency board meetings.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 47m
Excerpts @Minnesota247

“…there is one ACC school, per BTM, who has made some serious internal inquiries on creating process to negotiate buyout with Athletic Coast Conference using yearly installments spread out over ____ amount of years. The school is University of Miami.” 1/4

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 46m
“The payout would be in hundreds of millions. How much could Miami Fl negotiate the price downward? What leverage would Miami Fl use to negotiate price downward? We don’t know.
Why is Miami Fl the ACC school who is perceived to be taking the lead on this costly endeavor?” 2/4

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 45m
“…number on the total payout would be enormous. Much greater number than Notre Dame’s cost to get out of their ACC GOR which is tied to only the ACC Network payouts and not to entire yearly ACC Conference payouts” 3/4

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 43m
“It may turn out this story grows no legs because Miami Fl decides not to proceed…but there was enough here at this time to go forward with heads up.

Where did the story originate?

You guessed it correctly. Once again boosters talk to boosters.” 4/4

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Morning tidbits: Fox is done with Pac12 as an entity and has no plans to even bid on a new tv contract. Boise State is making a lot of noise wanting B12 to reopen their application. CBS and NBC expected to be huge players for the next B12 contract in addition to ESPN and Fox

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
ACC source telling me this morning that the school they work for has exhaustively ran the numbers and when compared to the windfall of SEC or B1G tv money the financial risk is outweighed by the future reward. And that’s before a likely settlement to reduce the impact.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
The plan to fight the GOR in court is to claim it was signed under duress and that the contract is unconscionable

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
They feel a strong enough case can be made to net a much reduced penalty for breaking the contract.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 47m
Also learning there is a possible scenario where Oregon gets a B10 invite and Washington does not. And it could be why no announcement on either has happened yet.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 46m
There is a possibility that B1G lands ND without the Stanford carrot and could possibly only add ND and Oregon and stop at 18 for now.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 45m
That scenario was floated by Fox. The desire of B10 is to bring both Washington and Oregon into the fold but Fox is balking at overpaying for both west coast schools considering the actual value they bring.

I put no credence in any of this other than Miami is a good school to coordinate negotiations since it is a private school (a la USC) and isn't privy to FOIA requests now or in the future.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
WVU and Cincy. UCF if Miami/FSU both bolt the ACC.
Historically, the ACC has had less interest in West Virginia than they have had in us. We’ve been the runner-up on two occasions. They’ve never seriously considered WVU. There’s reasons for that. Their population numbers are miserable. Granted, West Virginia is a much better football team than we are, but if FSU leaves, maybe that’s not the overriding concern. There’s been a lot of rumors that there is considerable buyers remorse on taking Louisville. That would seem to make them far more cautious about taking West Virginia. Cincinnati? They’ve been good lately, but how sexy of a pick is that to other ACC schools? Also, does the big 12 have a grant of rights? UCF I can actually see if they lost both Miami and FSU.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The article gives it away. The corner schools are worth AT LEAST as much as the Big 12 schools. If that is the case, and UO/UW/Cal/Stanford are staying and worth even more, why would the corner schools leave? It makes no sense.

Say they pass on the big12 and those 4 schools go to the big ten. Then what?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

I think Colorado, Utah and the Arizona schools were flat out told no by the Big10 (same as Washington St and Oregon St) and are talking to the Big12 as a fall back if there are any more defections.

Who has the most dead weight compared to the other out of the Big 12 and PAC? That will determine who will be the winner will be.

Reaction Score
They rebuild having already added the top of the Big XII. The rest of that league will still be available as the money would be less in the next Big XII deal without Tex. Tech, Ok. State, Kansas and Houston.

This is a eat or be eaten play between these two conferences.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think Colorado, Utah and the Arizona schools were flat out told no by the Big10 (same as Washington St and Oregon St) and are talking to the Big12 as a fall back if there are any more defections.

Who has the most dead weight compared to the other out of the Big 12 and PAC? That will determine who will be the winner will be.
The only dead weight in the Pac-12 is OSU and WSU. Most of the Big 12 is dead weight.

Reaction Score
Who do you have ahead of us?
I wasn't thinking in terms of who is ahead of us. That may play a factor, but more in terms of if they only lose FSU and Clemson, they probably wouldn't add anymore being already at 15, prob need to get down to 10 where it will be an absolute necessity.

It's also a careful balance that the ACC needs to weaken but not too much that they get poached by whatever becomes of PAC and B12 to merge.

It needs to lose a bit but not too much so that i can stand on its own and that's where UConn fits in.

Reaction Score
college football fan@Genetics56 · 28m
Source: "the hold up with Oregon and Washington is disagreement with what they (FOX vs Big Ten) want to pay them per year. Fox does not feel those two schools are worth the full payout. We aren't talking reduced pay for a 6-year entry period."

Mickey McGuire@micmcgee · 8m
Replying to @Genetics56
This is confusing. Who isn’t talking reduced pay - because it sounds like Fox and B1G are? Is this from the point of view of both Oregon and UW? They would actually turn down B1G unless they got full share? That seems silly considering half share is still more than PAC deal

college football fan@Genetics56 · 6m
FOX feels their value is not worth the full payout after the buyin period.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 27m
Source: "Notre Dame's value is so large, which is north of $300M per year, that they (the Big Ten AND FOX) can eat up the losses. But the Big Ten and FOX will not take Stanford, California, Oregon and Washington. That is off the table."

Source: "Pete Thamel is correct with his information that Washington and Oregon to the Big Ten is not a slam dunk. They ARE dependent on Notre Dame. However, a certain billionaire could buy Oregon's way into the Big Ten by themselves alone."

college football fan@Genetics56 · 24m
Source: "the pecking order for the Big Ten for the ACC schools are Virginia and North Carolina. FOX wants North Carolina, Clemson, Florida State and Miami."

college football fan@Genetics56 · 26m
Source: "Notre Dame to the Big Ten - there is an agreement between the Big Ten and FOX for paying the normal entry payout to Oregon and/or Washington, and/or Stanford."

TMAC@Tmacreactz · 16m
What’s your source lol

college football fan@Genetics56 · 8m
inside the big ten at an ad office

college football fan@Genetics56 · 13m
7/5/2022. Big Ten/FOX want 24 to 28 schools. FOX is not keen on adding OR and WA due to pay value. OR + WA +Stanf. r dependt on ND. ND lds to OR/Stanfd. Big Ten for the ACC schols are VA and NC (GA Tech behind 2). FOX wants NC, Clemson, FSU, and Miami. Brkaway goal = 2024

Reaction Score
college football fan@Genetics56 · 28m
Source: "the hold up with Oregon and Washington is disagreement with what they (FOX vs Big Ten) want to pay them per year. Fox does not feel those two schools are worth the full payout. We aren't talking reduced pay for a 6-year entry period."

Mickey McGuire@micmcgee · 8m
Replying to @Genetics56
This is confusing. Who isn’t talking reduced pay - because it sounds like Fox and B1G are? Is this from the point of view of both Oregon and UW? They would actually turn down B1G unless they got full share? That seems silly considering half share is still more than PAC deal

college football fan@Genetics56 · 6m
FOX feels their value is not worth the full payout after the buyin period.

Source: "Notre Dame's value is so large, which is north of $300M per year, that they (the Big Ten AND FOX) can eat up the losses. But the Big Ten and FOX will not take Stanford, California, Oregon and Washington. That is off the table."

Source: "Pete Thamel is correct with his information that Washington and Oregon to the Big Ten is not a slam dunk. They ARE dependent on Notre Dame. However, a certain billionaire could buy Oregon's way into the Big Ten by themselves alone."

college football fan@Genetics56 · 24m
Source: "the pecking order for the Big Ten for the ACC schools are Virginia and North Carolina. FOX wants North Carolina, Clemson, Florida State and Miami."

college football fan@Genetics56 · 26m
Source: "Notre Dame to the Big Ten - there is an agreement between the Big Ten and FOX for paying the normal entry payout to Oregon and/or Washington, and/or Stanford."

TMAC@Tmacreactz · 16m
What’s your source lol

college football fan@Genetics56 · 8m
inside the big ten at an ad office

college football fan@Genetics56 · 13m
7/5/2022. Big Ten/FOX want 24 to 28 schools. FOX is not keen on adding OR and WA due to pay value. OR + WA +Stanf. r dependt on ND. ND lds to OR/Stanfd. Big Ten for the ACC schols are VA and NC (GA Tech behind 2). FOX wants NC, Clemson, FSU, and Miami. Brkaway goal = 2024
Brkaway goal = 2024

Gives Mora two years to turn things around.

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score
Need to show value. 4-8 then 6-6 with a bowl along with a final four appearance will do the trick, I think.
Can I have some of whatever you’re smoking?

Reaction Score

I was just told the Big Ten is now tracking twitter for a certain school. They did the same thing with UCLA and USC. I checked the evidence and it is true.

FYI...this is not for Kansas or Notre Dame. I don't want to name the school in open. I already get tracked like a hawk as it is.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 57m
Why would the Big Ten track Twitter? Legally binding NDA's. Making sure nobody breaks them.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 34m
RUMOR: Pac12 offer from ESPN: $220 million per year, no expansion. Transfer ownership of Pac12 networks to espn. Yearly scheduling of 1 ACC team per school. Clash of Champioms “Bowl” (more on that in next tweet”

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 32m
Clash of Champions Bowl: ACC champ and PAC 12 champ will play an extra game after conference championship at a ytbd location.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 31m
Also as part of this deal ESPN would pay Oregon and Washington an additional $15 million per year for the trade off of playing 2 ACC teams per year.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 30m
Again that is a rumor. But it comes from a well connected source that feels like this could be a potential starting point for negotiations

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
How did the Longhorn Network work out for the Big 12? Special deals like this never do their job or end well. See Big East and Miami

Reaction Score
GREG SW AIM@GSw aim · 10h
The #Big12 has made their offer to the six schools in the #Pac12 very clear, and has detailed Fox TV numbers to go with it. From last night I understand the offer does has an expiration date of 30 days, so finally the B12 has a commish with testiculos!!

GREG SW AIM@GSw aim · 10h
With the college clients we have, I sometimes get some tips from what they're hearing. While I can't quote them, I will say that two #Pac12 assistants at different schools are hearing that the P12 will dissolve and multiple teams going #Big12, including their schools.

GREG SW AIM@GSw aim · 9h
One called 10 minutes ago, as he said, "We are apparently expanding our recruiting territory to your neighborhood." The other school goes everywhere already!!

GREG SW AIM@GSw aim · 3h
FoxSports sure has controlled this well. They have the #B1G, #Big12 and #Pac12, but P12 has bad ratings so Fox doesn't want to keep throwing money away. Gets the P12 to impode and they're off the hook, but still have their money making teams stay with Fox conferences

GREG SW AIM@GSw aim · 2h
#Big12 word out of Dallas is that while nothing official yet, the #Buffs, #BearDown and #SunDevils in already in principle. You'll likely see this in tomorrow's newspaper in Denver, Tucson and Tempe. #Ducks still holding out for a #B1G offer that will likely never come.

GREG SW AIM@GSw aim · 2h
Klatt thinks #Buffs to #Big12. I give this more credence that he works for FoxSports than that he's a Colorado and Big 8 alumnus

GREG SW AIM@GSw aim · 1h
One thing in this #ConferenceRealignment that I haven't seen anyone address is the #Big12's Tier 3 rights. The B12 is the only conference that allowed them previously, and it will bear watching to see if they continue to allow Tier 3 or get their own network.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
One B12 source thinks the ACC/PAC alliance talk is being used as leverage to get B12 to let UT and OU out early with only the exit fee as penalty. They have inferred as much to B12 leadership.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
RUMOR: late night rumor here thanks to a source on the west coast. CBS has informally told Pac12 they will not be a player for their rights once the 30 day exclusive window with fox/espn is over

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
That is huge for B12 as CBS has made it known they want another conference to replace SEC with. That only leaves B12 and that could exponentially increase our next contract if Fox/espn/ and cbs are bidding.

Jonathon Little@JonathonLittle · 34m
Do you get the impression that if the 4 corners weren’t trying to see if P12 could be salvaged a move would already be done, or is it just too early for that type of speculation?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 24m
I’ve been told by multiple sources that the 4 corner schools submitted applications on the condition they be brought in as equal partners from day 1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom