Non-Key Tweets | Page 757 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think this is basic disinformation by the schools about NIL. The way to think about NIL is like the last 5 years of the NBA. The players have the power, and they decide where they play, not the league. Durant, Harden and Irving can make Brooklyn into a super-team, while Giannis can make Milwaukee into a champion.

The value of school brands in the future will not be nearly what they were in the past unless the power schools figure out a way to eliminate the competition now. This round of realignment is defensive, not offensive.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I think this is basic disinformation by the schools about NIL. The way to think about NIL is like the last 5 years of the NBA. The players have the power, and they decide where they play, not the league. Durant, Harden and Irving can make Brooklyn into a super-team, while Giannis can make Milwaukee into a champion.

The value of school brands in the future will not be nearly what they were in the past unless the power schools figure out a way to eliminate the competition now. This round of realignment is defensive, not offensive.
Had the same thought. This is basically coming straight out of the political playbook used in the same region. If you can’t compete, change the rules.

Reaction Score
M H ver 3@M H ver 3
·
44m

I’m hearing that WVU would have 12 yes votes from member schools to join the ACC if a vote were to occur. Gee has been in a constant contact loop with Clements at Clemson who has been our mouthpiece to other administrations.

M H ver3@H ver 3
·
43m

WVU will ride out the next few days to see what officially happens with TX/OU before acting in any formal capacity seeking membership.

Reaction Score
There is no way UConn is getting an invite to the ACC. If ND joins they will join with WVU. No way the football schools in the ACC want UConn.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
M H ver 3@M H ver 3
·
44m

I’m hearing that WVU would have 12 yes votes from member schools to join the ACC if a vote were to occur. Gee has been in a constant contact loop with Clements at Clemson who has been our mouthpiece to other administrations.

M H ver3@H ver 3
·
43m

WVU will ride out the next few days to see what officially happens with TX/OU before acting in any formal capacity seeking membership.
The best thing about conference realignment is that WVU always has nothing to fear.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

This is why I think Kansas and Colorado are going to the Big 10. A bigger realignment may be in the future. But for now, this would suffice.

Reaction Score
They admitted Nebraska.

For the right school, they will not harp on AAU stuff.

If Alabama wanted to join the B1G, they'd get in no questions asked.
Didn't Nebraska lose it while it was in the process of being admitted when the AAU reclassified how some medical school research counted? I don't remember all of the details, but I thought it was on some technicality and it was already too late for the B1G to back out.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Didn't Nebraska lose it while it was in the process of being admitted when the AAU reclassified how some medical school research counted? I don't remember all of the details, but I thought it was on some technicality and it was already too late for the B1G to back out.

The schools kicking Nebraska out were by and large big ten schools. They had the ball rolling to kick out Nebraska from the aau while starting the process to admit them to the athletic conference.

Academics don't matter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom