Non-Key Tweets | Page 756 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH3@MH3
·
2h
Don’t sleep on the effort by TX legislature to block the move to SEC. word from the other Texas schools is that it’s a race to see who can get ink on paper first. Legislation could really become a thorn for the Longhorns. Hearing OU is going with or without TX.

MH3@MH3
·
1h
WVU is not one of the schools pushing for unequal revenue shares to keep TX and OU. That is coming from TT, KSU, TCU, and Baylor.

MH3@MH3
·
1h
Texas is apparently agreeing to stay if they can receive the 1.5 revenue share (appx $56 million per year). Vote would have to be unanimous. OU I’m not sure about. TX afraid their move to SEC may get politically blocked. Also don’t want to have to forfeit LHN

MHr3@MH3
·
43m
Fox network getting involved now. Possibly opening up the pocketbook. I don’t know for sure-only that there have been a lot of talks to today with television execs between many of the presidents.

Reaction Score
MH3@MH3
·
2h
Don’t sleep on the effort by TX legislature to block the move to SEC. word from the other Texas schools is that it’s a race to see who can get ink on paper first. Legislation could really become a thorn for the Longhorns. Hearing OU is going with or without TX.

MH3@MH3
·
1h
WVU is not one of the schools pushing for unequal revenue shares to keep TX and OU. That is coming from TT, KSU, TCU, and Baylor.

MH3@MH3
·
1h
Texas is apparently agreeing to stay if they can receive the 1.5 revenue share (appx $56 million per year). Vote would have to be unanimous. OU I’m not sure about. TX afraid their move to SEC may get politically blocked. Also don’t want to have to forfeit LHN

MHr3@MH3
·
43m
Fox network getting involved now. Possibly opening up the pocketbook. I don’t know for sure-only that there have been a lot of talks to today with television execs between many of the presidents.
This is so much crap. 1.5 shares still doesn't get close to matching SEC revenue.

Reaction Score

USC and UCLA have been vocal about lack of revenue in the PAC12 vs other P5 conferences like B1G and the SEC. There were rumors USC exploring indy option vs. staying in the PAC-12.

Frankly, I just don't see media companies ponying up huge money to play teams like Oregon State and Washington State. USC and UCLA leaving together to B1G would definitely solve their revenue concerns although I can't imagine both being in the B1G without Cal and Stanford. If I am B1G, I go get USC, UCLA, Stanford, Washington, Colorado, and Oregon. The remaining PAC-12 6 teams can merge with 8x B12 leftovers while adding 2 more to form an almost P5 conference.

This all needs to happen before the next P12 and B1G media contract.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom