Non-Key Tweets | Page 755 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
It’s too bad that our football team is a complete dumpster fire that has inspired total apathy from the entire fanbase (minus a handful of masochists), or else we could have potentially been positioned to take advantage of openings in the ACC/BIG as conferences grow and things shift around.

as it stands we won’t even be in the discussion.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This college realignment is so much more enjoyable this time around since we UConn fans have nothing to worry about.
I not sure that that is true but at least any problems are less immediate.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
There may actually be short term benefits for us. It’s not unrealistic that teams like Navy and Temple end up independent and help our potential independent scheduling challenges.
oh boy.

Reaction Score

I find this really interesting. Would the PAC, B1G and ACC take this into consideration as part of a potential strategic move? Would it give them more time to figure out what they want to do? They don't have to take anyone now. They'll all be waiting.

Reaction Score
In case you're curious, M H ver3 had come out of hibernation this evening and Swa im is claiming Okie State has a shot at getting into the Pac-12.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With all of the terrible things that have happened in the world over the past year-plus, I cannot tell you how satisfying it is that conference realignment is back and barely affects UConn. To see the old chorus of Twitter buffoons back posting their nonsense is so entertaining.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
There may actually be short term benefits for us. It’s not unrealistic that teams like Navy and Temple end up independent and help our potential independent scheduling challenges.
Agree, but if consolidation is happening among the power conferences, being on the outside looking in is not a good thing.

Reaction Score
I want to see the old BE teams that deserted get hung out to dry...BC, Cuse and Pitt specifically.
World love to see B1G and SEC pick apart the ACC.

These 3 teams certainly deserve this. I remember the Big East raid very well. BCU did nothing all these years. BCU's biggest accomplishment to date is keeping Uconn out of the ACC. Cuse also voted for glorified community college over Uconn while working together with Pitt to stab old BE partners in the back. Pitt was one of the worst in that they were negotiating for the new Big East media deal while talking to the ACC at the same time. The fact Pitt hasn't been sued is still a mystery to this date.

These 3 teams deserve to be left out in the cold. It really would be karma.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
MH3@MH3
I’m told that Lyons and Gee spent the last two days contacting Presidents and ADs from around the ACC to get a feel for what a vote would be for WVU to join and it appears there would be at least 10 yes votes
9:53 AM · Jul 24, 2021

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom