Non-Key Tweets | Page 753 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur@flugempire
·
1h
Commish Warren won’t be nibbling.

Going big.

FOX and possible new Media partner along with Big Ten will have a large say on how the rest of college sports at highest level is formed.

Stay tuned.

Stay close.

Peak around the corner video coming out later today

Greg Flugaur@flugempire
·
35m
I really need to emphasize this again.

FOX Sports and highly probable new media partner (Amazon/NBC) will play a huge part in how Big Ten moves forward in again gaining back market space in collegiate sports at the highest level vis-à-vis ESPN/SEC/ACC.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire
·
19m
This is where I remind everybody FOX Sports President used to be Big Ten Networks President, who help create the Big Ten Network in its infancy…who was Delany’s right hand man.

There will be no sunlight in between FOX Sports and Big Ten’s decision making on their next move.

Reaction Score
In order of likelihood:
1) Scheduling opportunities for UConn, especially if more schools are pushed into independence.

2) Possible move of KU to the Big East, though unlikely in my opinion, since a refurbished Big 12 will still have better media revenue in the near term.

3) Possible move of ND to the ACC as a full member with UConn as a possible partner.

4) Possible move of ND to the B1G as a full member with UConn as a possible replacement in the ACC.

5) Possible conference expansion in the B1G or ACC without ND with UConn as possible addition.

6) Possible move of ND to the B1G as a full member with UConn as a possible partner.

But probably not much.
I would not discount UConn as a member of the ACC or less likely B10 some day. This could be sooner than later. A lot is going on with the distribution of TV content and Connecticut's and New York's demographics could help UConn land in a better place than the New Big East and football independence. In fact, the move could happen this decade. Just hope we don't mess it up like last time when Louisville outsmarted us for a spot in the ACC.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One more long shot. KU to BIG, partner comes from the ACC, Maybe Virginia, we fill the open ACC Slot.

Yes, along with the rumblings that Mizzou, who left the B12 because they hated UT, would go with KU.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
In order of likelihood:
1) Scheduling opportunities for UConn, especially if more schools are pushed into independence.

2) Possible move of KU to the Big East, though unlikely in my opinion, since a refurbished Big 12 will still have better media revenue in the near term.

3) Possible move of ND to the ACC as a full member with UConn as a possible partner.

4) Possible move of ND to the B1G as a full member with UConn as a possible replacement in the ACC.

5) Possible conference expansion in the B1G or ACC without ND with UConn as possible addition.

6) Possible move of ND to the B1G as a full member with UConn as a possible partner.

But probably not much.

Other than #2, which I'd replace with a move to B1G perhaps with Missouri or someone else and #4 and #6 which ND cannot do without breach of contract, these make some sense. KU would have no interest in the Big East. #3 is the most viable beyond #1.

We all know the B12 was in the most precarious spot. That's why the last expansion was a big topic. Will be interesting to see what happens here. Losing Nebraska, Colorado, Mizzou and A&M really weakened it.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Other than #2, which I'd replace with a move to B1G perhaps with Missouri or someone else and #4 and #6 which ND cannot do without breach of contract, these make some sense. KU would have no interest in the Big East. #3 is the most viable beyond #1.

We all know the B12 was in the most precarious spot. That's why the last expansion was a big topic. Will be interesting to see what happens here. Losing Nebraska, Colorado, Mizzou and A&M really weakened it.
No one is moving between the SEC to Big 10. The numbers don't justify it. That's why I'd discount that.

Yeah KU moving the BE is a longshot, it is just the shortest longshot of everything I mentioned.

If we move to 4 16 team super-conferences, Connecticut has a chance of being swept up, so I guess that should be on the list, but it would either be to the ACC or the B1G and I think ND would climb on board were that to happen.

Reaction Score
Yes, along with the rumblings that Mizzou, who left the B12 because they hated UT, would go with KU.
I remember reading/hearing that Missouri was Delany and B1G desired choice when they got realignment rolling 12 years ago. Somehow or another negotiations went south and Nebraska became the choice.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I remember reading/hearing that Missouri was Delany and B1G desired choice when they got realignment rolling 12 years ago. Somehow or another negotiations went south and Nebraska became the choice.

The rumor I saw was that they asked and B1G turned them down several times. Neither St Louis nor KC are "SEC country". Springfield, yeah, maybe. But things have changed and I'm not sure the B1G can afford to be as picky now.

Reaction Score
I missed this thread so much.
It's a little like the first mow of the season. A little hard to get her started, but once she does, it's off to the races.

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
·
4m

Heads up:

New Realignment Thread will be posted @Minnesota247 tomorrow with newest information.

This story is not going away. Big Ten have been in communication with other universities. Very preliminary…but not starting from scratch. Realignment was always coming 2023-25.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV
·
27m
Sources indicate the flirtations of Texas and OU with the SEC are a ploy to test the waters for the eventual kingpin of the deal - bringing WV. OU/Texas acting as feelers to report back to Morgantown.
Lmao. I guess the one good thing of him not biking off a cliff yet is gems like this one. Holy lol.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV
·
27m
Sources indicate the flirtations of Texas and OU with the SEC are a ploy to test the waters for the eventual kingpin of the deal - bringing WV. OU/Texas acting as feelers to report back to Morgantown.
This can't be a real tweet.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
West Virginia to the ACC is a geographical fit, BUT, what do they bring to the table to significantly move the needle? If streaming is the future, their appeal to the streaming services is marginal when compared to other choices.

Any time you can get the 40th most populated state which also lost more people than any other state over the past decade and is located over an hour away from the nearest TV market and is a school with average at best academics.........you go for it.

Reaction Score
WVU is rather popular nationally for some reason. They have decent tv ratings and strong merchandise sales. There are a lot of factors at play. I would think the ACC could see value in WVU and Cincy. Both are good programs that have history with Pitt, BC, Syracuse and each other. Cincy also gets you into Ohio for recruiting.

Reaction Score
WVU is rather popular nationally for some reason. They have decent tv ratings and strong merchandise sales. There are a lot of factors at play. I would think the ACC could see value in WVU and Cincy. Both are good programs that have history with Pitt, BC, Syracuse and each other. Cincy also gets you into Ohio for recruiting.
I do not think the ACC sees value in Cincinnati, though I agree they would see potential value in WVU.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I do not think the ACC sees value in Cincinnati, though I agree they would see potential value in WVU.

I can't imagine that Cincinnati would be preferred over UConn. WVU, yeah, I could see that.

What's the thinking on the yard? If an ACC invite comes so soon after we joined the Big East, do we take it? I think so.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I can't imagine that Cincinnati would be preferred over UConn. WVU, yeah, I could see that.

What's the thinking on the yard? If an ACC invite comes so soon after we joined the Big East, do we take it? I think so.
Yep. I don't see it happening, but yep. It will cost us $30M, but yep. I freaking hate a bunch of those schools, but still... yep.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom