Non-Key Tweets | Page 794 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I missed this Tweet from Nate Sliver. The B1G has a path to 270 electoral votes that the SEC does not! lol

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

If history is an indication, the Big 12 moving up its TV timetable is probably good news for most of the Pac 12. The Big 12 will force everyone's hand, and the likelihood is that almost all of the Pac 12 schools will find a home, just like almost all of the Big East schools from 2009 found a home.

The next big discussion will be the new Big East. ESPN is going to be hungry for content. It is a good time for the Big East to be going to market.

Reaction Score
If history is an indication, the Big 12 moving up its TV timetable is probably good news for most of the Pac 12. The Big 12 will force everyone's hand, and the likelihood is that almost all of the Pac 12 schools will find a home, just like almost all of the Big East schools from 2009 found a home.

The next big discussion will be the new Big East. ESPN is going to be hungry for content. It is a good time for the Big East to be going to market.
ESPN has the ACC, SEC, Big 12, AAC already for basketball. There's only so many time slots. The Fox has Big East and B1G with a decent amount of B1G going to streaming. The Big East is much more valuable to Fox.

Reaction Score
ESPN has the ACC, SEC, Big 12, AAC already for basketball. There's only so many time slots. The Fox has Big East and B1G with a decent amount of B1G going to streaming. The Big East is much more valuable to Fox.
I agree about the Big East being of more value to FOX, but I think you are underestimating the migration of college basketball games (and football games) to the conference networks and streaming. For example, the Big 10 had 70 games on networks and 181 games on BIG+ or BTN. There could be more time slots available than you think.

Also, it's funny when I look at people comparing the college basketball ratings of conferences. In general, the SEC, Big 10, and ACC have their top schools play more games on the networks and the low rated schools get put on the conference networks or streaming. Duke basketball played 16 games on networks and BC played 3. Rutgers played 2 games last season against Penn State and both were televised on BTN.

Reaction Score
The B1G could add PAC teams at any time. There is no urgency unless the SEC decides it wants a west coast presence as well.

What will be interesting is the inevitable fallout of the ACC, however many years in the future it happens. Both the SEC and B1G will be targeting the same schools more or less.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
ND is 54-10 the last five years with two playoff berths, but whatever.

The reason is that only ND has the power and the money to make a difference to the Big Ten and SEC.

It is the lynchpin for any future realignment. If it joins the Big Ten, all hell will break loose.

If it stays independent, then the P2 total domination of college football is on hold.

@TerryD Tell me more about Notre Dame’s greatness.

Reaction Score
@TerryD Tell me more about Notre Dame’s greatness.
They are 0-2. They played like ass. Hopefully, they will figure out how to win a football game.

Their starting QB likely has a broken collarbone, making that figuring out much harder.

How is that?

P.S. That doesn't change any of what I wrote above, though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We cheered as the tumbrels clanked over the cobblestones hauling the nobility to the guillotine and stood in the crowd as the axeman took off Anne Boleyn's head.

There is something about the downfall of the high and mighty that is satisfying to us not so blessed.

Reaction Score
They are 0-2. They played like ass. Hopefully, they will figure out how to win a football game.

Their starting QB likely has a broken collarbone, making that figuring out much harder.

How is that?

Hello IBM and AOL

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
ND was ass for years before Kelly. They've reverted to the mean faster than anyone expected. I hope it costs them money.

Reaction Score
Oregon is doing exactly what it should be doing. All schools not in the P2 should be following their lead.

I think it’s just a matter of when not if Oregon joins the B1G. As long as the SEC shows no interest, the B1G can drag this out as long as they want.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Oregon is doing exactly what it should be doing. All schools not in the P2 should be following their lead.

I think it’s just a matter of when not if Oregon joins the B1G. As long as the SEC shows no interest, the B1G can drag this out as long as they want.

Long term, what do you think the Michigan's and Ohio State's plans will be to weed out and cut off the detritus at the bottom of their conference? How long do you think they will continue "all for one, one for all" revenue splits?

Reaction Score
Long term, what do you think the Michigan's and Ohio State's plans will be to weed out and cut off the detritus at the bottom of their conference? How long do you think they will continue "all for one, one for all" revenue splits?

Bottom feeders must exist in every conference. Teams that have a nice season every now and then, but predominantly are in the bottom half of the standings. All conference records are .500, so if someone goes 9-0, someone else has to finish 0-9 or two teams finish 1-8, etc. It all has to equal out to .500 in the end. This would be true even if the B1G and SEC consolidated into one conference of only the top brands.

I don’t think Ohio State or Michigan cares that less performing teams get the same money. Those teams contribute to the success of the Buckeyes and Wolverines in other ways.

Reaction Score
Bottom feeders must exist in every conference. Teams that have a nice season every now and then, but predominantly are in the bottom half of the standings. All conference records are .500, so if someone goes 9-0, someone else has to finish 0-9 or two teams finish 1-8, etc. It all has to equal out to .500 in the end. This would be true even if the B1G and SEC consolidated into one conference of only the top brands.

I don’t think Ohio State or Michigan cares that less performing teams get the same money. Those teams contribute to the success of the Buckeyes and Wolverines in other ways.
Exactly

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom