Non-Key Tweets | Page 773 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 5h
BTM

“USC has leverage and they are using it to their advantage. Trojans going to Independent Football under ESPN or Amazon’s umbrella seems far fetch to some but the mere threat is enough to make people ponder moving off previous positions.”

BTM

“How much value does Rose Bowl maintained for Big Ten if USC commits their Football program to Independence? FOX and Big Ten carries risks with no action.”

BTM

“Once new Big Ten media deal is set and announced the phones will be lit up. Bohn will know what number PAC will need to hit to keep USC aboard. Warren will have new PAC valuation numbers from FOX. FOX will know how much B1G content they have acquired.”

BTM

“Oklahoma and Texas’s phone call to Sankey caused waves in Power 5 Football which led to ripples in G5. SEC felt they had to act on the call. What is Warren’s reaction to USC’s call? It can’t be dismissive. He won’t survive in his seat if he is dismissive.”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 4h
BTM

“The power of the new Big Ten media contract just won’t rest on the dollar figures or the assurance of maximum exposure. It will also derive its power from again being a shorter deal. It won’t go until 2034 or 2036 as in SEC & ACC deals with ESPN”.

Reaction Score
USC to B1G ? UGH
The handbasket is being woven for football's vehicle to it's next destination.

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
USC to B1G ? UGH
The handbasket is being woven for football's vehicle to it's next destination.

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Do you have a Cliff Notes version with comments in the columns? It's over my head.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m hearing that the big 10 will reach out to UConn as phase 2 of this deal in order to improve their eastern time zone product. Of course, I’m hearing it from my neighbors dog Sam. He’s never been right yet, so I figure he’s due.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Any chance Sam has ties to West Virginia? Does he know BTM or just BM?

Reaction Score
If there is demand for 30-40 college teams to become semi-professional, then the NFL is leaving money on the table. They should expand and play on Fridays and Saturdays. Now, I’m not sure this is the case, but Mondays and Thursdays have been good to the NFL product.

Reaction Score
…….

BTM incoming later today.

1 Example:

“USC’s silence on PAC’s internal affairs have become so loud their local press and now national press has finally picked up on it within last couple of days. They are hunting. The hunt is on.”

BTM

“Media companies are treating the current landscape as P2/P3. We are heading towards P2/P3 much quicker than anyone anticipated”

BTM

“Conditions are perfect for Big Ten to become National Conference. The money is there to make it happen. The power of SEC with additions of Texas and Oklahoma makes them the first National Conference. Current regional limitations of SEC doesn’t limit its value and power.”

BTM

“The only hurdle stopping Big Ten from becoming a National Conference is it’s leadership. How does expanding out West help the Big Ten student athlete? This question needs to be answered from leadership perspective”

BTM

“The money is not the issue. Expansion would be paid for by media companies. It’s no longer an issue. Expansion of 4 Universities is not an issue. Only hurdle does Big Ten want to become National Conference and in doing so change their PAC relationship forever”

BTM

“You don’t find Big Ten leadership on any level, or inside each Big Ten University’s leadership on any level, in private or public, dismiss possibility of expansion for two reasons. 1) Interest from USC 2) SEC’s power to create own universe and to enlarge its universe.

BTM

“Amazon going hard for part of Big Ten’s new media contract is a tip off they suspect Big Ten to become National Conference at some point in near future.”

BTM

“USC +1 has been the most ideal and expected expansion from Big Ten perspective since we pass on info USC called Big Ten. But we don’t believe this to be the case anymore. Money is there for USC, Washington, Oregon +1. It only needs the will to meet the vision.”

BTM

“Creation for most of P2/P3 is coming quick but won’t be finished off until early into next decade. The question remains does Big Ten want to become National Conference in 2024 with USC +1 or 3, and does USC want to be in National Conference in 2024 or wait another 8 years?

BTM

“USC’s silence on PAC’s internal affairs have become so loud their local press and now national press has finally picked up on it within last couple of days. They are hunting. The hunt is on.”

BTM

“SEC making it known internally and externally they could go their own way in the future has pushed the idea of Big Ten becoming National
Conference from coast to coast a more comforting position than ever before.”

“The effects on student athletes, if and when Big Ten National Conference is formed, especially when regional divisions are perceived as a competitive disadvantage related to expanded playoffs, needs to have solutions. Needs to be answered. Every other factor shows green light.”

Reaction Score
college football fan@Genetics56 · 4h
Sourced info (aka a real source, not fake BTM): Big Ten TV deal likely to be announced on July 26th. ESPN/ABC, CBS and NBC are still going after 40 % of the contract. ESPN is trending to not being in the contract. More.....

The dollar value of the contract is expected to be $1.2 Billion. The latest on how many protected rivalries for no divisions is 4. I know I've said 2 before, but this just puts 2 on top 2. Changes nothing, really. Amazon will not be in the TV contract.

With the Big Ten TV contract highly likely to be FOX 11amCT, CBS 230 pm CT, FS1 weekly game, NBC 630ct, BTN game, that is 5 out of 7 weekly conference games. Like I said the other day, there simply isn't enough content to cover FOX, CBS, NBC, FS1, BTN with 14 schools.

and you also have NBC's Peacock streaming a weekly game. With the Pac 12 TV valued expected to be half of the Big Ten, FOX will be sending Washington, Oregon, USC, UCLA (maybe others) to the Big Ten. Not a complete merger, but pretty damn close.

July 26th is said to be the day the Big Ten announces their new TV deal. Not saying things wouldn't leak before through the Sports Business Journal, but the actual release on that day.

Thus, to recap the Big Ten TV deal info - no Amazon, Peakcock to stream 1 weekly game, likely 4 protected rivals, CBS afternoon, NBC night, FOX big game, FS1, BTN. Pac 12 schools to join the Big Ten. Some will say this is ending up as a P2, NO!. It's a new division coming.

Xander Peters ‍‍♂️‍♂️ @HipXander · 4h
Replying to @Genetics56
So Big Ten National Conference kinda new conference? What would you imagine the SEC counters with when/if this all goes down? Notre Dame and then raid the ACC (so Clemson or FSU or Miami or UNC) to get to 20?

A bunch of the ACC schools.

Football only for the pac schools

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 2h
Remember Oct - 2021

Q: “….From your viewpoint, what do you see the role of basketball when it comes to potential realignment…What role does basketball play in some of those decisions?”

Kevin Warren:

“Basketball plays an important role.”

Part 1

Replying to @flugempire
Kevin Warren:

“But I think from a basketball standpoint, that is a big component from kind of conference structure, realignment standpoint, is the importance of college basketball.

Part 2

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 1h
If the miles between USC, Oregon, Washington, +1 vs the rest of Big Ten schools is too much to overcome for PAC schools to involve their revenue generating Basketball programs in joining the Big Ten than B1G expansion with Pacific Coast schools will not happen.

Part 3

Replying to @Expansion_Crush
I’m not implying PAC schools are refusing to have their Basketball programs be part of Big Ten…I’m just saying without those programs included it’s not happening.

If expansion happens it won’t be Football only add-ons.

All revenue creating sports would be involved.

Big Ten might become national conference with addition of 2-4 top PAC brands, but it won’t be a conference with more schools in West than Eastern Timezone. It’s just not where the value is and it’s not what Ohio St, Michigan would care to do.

Valuation might work with top 4.

Murr@MurrDCU · 1h
Would this be all sports or just a few money making sports?

As many sports as possible…but the point of the tweets is Basketball needs to be involved. If not, no deal. Just won’t happen.

Reaction Score
The interesting thing to me has been Brian Kelly’s comments that we are moving toward a system of professional teams associated with universities. The most Interesting thing was that he said “ the players might not like some of the things that come with professional athletics like being cut or being traded.” Imagine being at Michigan and in mid-season finding yourself traded to Mississippi State!

Actually I think we are headed toward such a model but it ultimately won’t succeed.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
The interesting thing to me has been Brian Kelly’s comments that we are moving toward a system of professional teams associated with universities. The most Interesting thing was that he said “ the players might not like some of the things that come with professional athletics like being cut or being traded.” Imagine being at Michigan and in mid-season finding yourself traded to Mississippi State!

Actually I think we are headed toward such a model but it ultimately won’t succeed.

Okay, I will bite on this one. How on earth are you going to trade someone midseason with them in the middle of classes, exams, and being in a specific major?

Other than being cut, which technically can happen every year with scholarships but doesn't, this take is a bit extreme.

Reaction Score
Sourced info (aka a real source, not fake BTM): Big Ten TV deal likely to be announced on July 26th. ESPN/ABC, CBS and NBC are still going after 40 % of the contract. ESPN is trending to not being in the contract. More.....

The dollar value of the contract is expected to be $1.2 Billion. The latest on how many protected rivalries for no divisions is 4. I know I've said 2 before, but this just puts 2 on top 2. Changes nothing, really. Amazon will not be in the TV contract.

With the Big Ten TV contract highly likely to be FOX 11amCT, CBS 230 pm CT, FS1 weekly game, NBC 630ct, BTN game, that is 5 out of 7 weekly conference games. Like I said the other day, there simply isn't enough content to cover FOX, CBS, NBC, FS1, BTN with 14 schools.

and you also have NBC's Peacock streaming a weekly game. With the Pac 12 TV valued expected to be half of the Big Ten, FOX will be sending Washington, Oregon, USC, UCLA (maybe others) to the Big Ten. Not a complete merger, but pretty damn close.

July 26th is said to be the day the Big Ten announces their new TV deal. Not saying things wouldn't leak before through the Sports Business Journal, but the actual release on that day.

Thus, to recap the Big Ten TV deal info - no Amazon, Peakcock to stream 1 weekly game, likely 4 protected rivals, CBS afternoon, NBC night, FOX big game, FS1, BTN. Pac 12 schools to join the Big Ten. Some will say this is ending up as a P2, NO!. It's a new division coming.

Xander Peters ‍‍♂️‍♂️ @HipXander · 4h
Replying to @Genetics56
So Big Ten National Conference kinda new conference? What would you imagine the SEC counters with when/if this all goes down? Notre Dame and then raid the ACC (so Clemson or FSU or Miami or UNC) to get to 20?

A bunch of the ACC schools.

Football only for the pac schools

Remember Oct - 2021

Q: “….From your viewpoint, what do you see the role of basketball when it comes to potential realignment…What role does basketball play in some of those decisions?”

Kevin Warren:

“Basketball plays an important role.”

Part 1

Replying to @flugempire
Kevin Warren:

“But I think from a basketball standpoint, that is a big component from kind of conference structure, realignment standpoint, is the importance of college basketball.

Part 2

If the miles between USC, Oregon, Washington, +1 vs the rest of Big Ten schools is too much to overcome for PAC schools to involve their revenue generating Basketball programs in joining the Big Ten than B1G expansion with Pacific Coast schools will not happen.

Part 3

Replying to @Expansion_Crush
I’m not implying PAC schools are refusing to have their Basketball programs be part of Big Ten…I’m just saying without those programs included it’s not happening.

If expansion happens it won’t be Football only add-ons.

All revenue creating sports would be involved.

Big Ten might become national conference with addition of 2-4 top PAC brands, but it won’t be a conference with more schools in West than Eastern Timezone. It’s just not where the value is and it’s not what Ohio St, Michigan would care to do.

Valuation might work with top 4.

Murr@MurrDCU · 1h
Would this be all sports or just a few money making sports?

As many sports as possible…but the point of the tweets is Basketball needs to be involved. If not, no deal. Just won’t happen.

Peak non key tweets

Reaction Score
Okay, I will bite on this one. How on earth are you going to trade someone midseason with them in the middle of classes, exams, and being in a specific major?

Other than being cut, which technically can happen every year with scholarships but doesn't, this take is a bit extreme.
I know those SEC football players are all about academics

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom