Non-Key Tweets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
FYI. A few tweets from MH3 focusing on B12 expansion and USF primarily discussed although UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, SMU, Memphis come up in the conversation.

MH3
Might the Big12 be toying with adding a pair of AAC schools to improve their bowl line-up? Stay tuned for more...

MH3
AAC ...

MH3
one in Florida

MH3
The great thing is that it still leaves us with room to grow and there a at least 4 major non-ACC schools that have shown interest ...

The crux of the new rumor is that Big 12 might be interested in offering junior members so that they don't get the full Big 12 payout but still higher than the AAC payouts to make it worth their while.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
I have a feeling in my gut that this will be the final outcome too. Makes too much sense and we fit well with the ACC North Division and would be a logical partner for Syracuse, Pitt, BC or maybe even Notre Dame or Louisville and with Syracuse we strengthen the ACC access to New York in a way that Syracuse alone simply doesn't. As I wrote elsewhere, I heard Tranghese speak very logically about the Big East strategy toward New York which most people don't understand. It is actually not a bad college market but it is a very disjointed market. Gavitt got that and Tranghese, for all his faults, and they were legion, understood it too. You can't get the new York college market with any single team. You need to get it from multiple points, Rutgers, UConn, Syracuse, even St Johns, Notre Dame and Seton Hall helped when they were all a part of the Big East. They all had pieces and they "cross-pollinated" which made it work. If you only have 1 you only have a very small piece of the whole. The Big will lose the Syracuse and UConn pieces. The ACC won't get UConn & Rutgers, all lose the basketball pieces which are more or less scattered to the winds now. The St Johns alum who watches college football is as likely to watch the SEC as the ACC now since he has no conneciton any more for example.

I am sorry to all believers out there but the ACC thing is not going to happen anytime soon. Until Miami, Florida St., Georgia Tech Clemson, are out of the league we get left out. They do not want anything to do with us, especially since the ACC Network is not going to happen. Syracuse, Pitt, BC, and Louisville don't want us encroaching on their territory regardless if we pick up the series with BC again. Our best plan is to do what Manual is doing. Get as many big games against the Big 5 leagues and play hard. Win. Then hope leagues expand in the next 5 years. Anything later then that we are not considered anything more then a mid major. Our biggest fear should be if Big 12 or ACC gets pilfered by the remaining leagues and they go to four leagues of 16. Just win and win often.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling in my gut that this will be the final outcome too. Makes too much sense and we fit well with the ACC North Division and would be a logical partner for Syracuse, Pitt, BC or maybe even Notre Dame or Louisville and with Syracuse we strengthen the ACC access to New York in a way that Syracuse alone simply doesn't. As I wrote elsewhere, I heard Tranghese speak very logically about the Big East strategy toward New York which most people don't understand. It is actually not a bad college market but it is a very disjointed market. Gavitt got that and Tranghese, for all his faults, and they were legion, understood it too. You can't get the new York college market with any single team. You need to get it from multiple points, Rutgers, UConn, Syracuse, even St Johns, Notre Dame and Seton Hall helped when they were all a part of the Big East. They all had pieces and they "cross-pollinated" which made it work. If you only have 1 you only have a very small piece of the whole. The Big will lose the Syracuse and UConn pieces. The ACC won't get UConn & Rutgers, all lose the basketball pieces which are more or less scattered to the winds now. The St Johns alum who watches college football is as likely to watch the SEC as the ACC now since he has no conneciton any more for example.

Not sure if its the Big 10 or ACC, but I do agree that neither conference will capture the NYC market with their current moves and thus make UConn a rather valuable commodity. These moves were made for tv and ratings and both conferences will see that without the addition of UCONN, the NYC market really isn't there......U. C. O. N. N. UCONN UCONN UCONN!!!!!

Reaction Score
I am sorry to all believers out there but the ACC thing is not going to happen anytime soon. Until Miami, Florida St., Georgia Tech Clemson, are out of the league we get left out. They do not want anything to do with us, especially since the ACC Network is not going to happen. Syracuse, Pitt, BC, and Louisville don't want us encroaching on their territory regardless if we pick up the series with BC again. Our best plan is to do what Manual is doing. Get as many big games against the Big 5 leagues and play hard. Win. Then hope leagues expand in the next 5 years. Anything later then that we are not considered anything more then a mid major. Our biggest fear should be if Big 12 or ACC gets pilfered by the remaining leagues and they go to four leagues of 16. Just win and win often.
I agree the only way we get an ACC offer is if we have an offer from the B1G on the table. Even if its for a limited membership.
Since our Midwest people of knowledge really don't see us as a target. The only way UConn gets into a big 5 conference is by legal action against the football cartel.
Their will be about 20 US Senators who represent States who will br excluded. 20 senators acting together can pretty much have their way.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I thought this one was good for a laugh

5d3c303c3e58d9dd352b8f35eca5a6d9_normal.png
Well-dressed Jabba@WelldressdJabba
1h
I can now confirm that @TuxedoYoda is just making up. My sources say his sources are in his head.

Reaction Score
hilarious new tweets from whaler's bud mh3,

"But GOR or no GOR the big 12 realizes its not completely safe from expansion. There is still on school with a cheating heart"

"Long term plans for big12 involves expansion but short term 10 is best."

"FWIW the ACC needs only fear the B1G until they have a finalized GOR. Big 12 has no interest in any ACC school at this time"

It has been a really slow morning....plus I think mh3 is totally legit :oops:
UConn to the big 12 is ridicules. There are much more likely candidates in th AAC and MW than us.
The only additions that make sense for them would be Cinn, Boise.,BYU., or another Texas team.
Even a Fla school would be ahead of us.
We don't make sense geographically . The only way to be invited to that conference is if WV insisted on us. The only reason WV would insist on us is New York basketball recruiting.

Reaction Score
Another one if you need a laugh :D ...

A tweet from Dan Wetzel ...

Dan Wetzel@DanWetzel 21h
The Big Twelve will unveil a new logo this summer, with significant placement on fields, courts and around campuses

Followed by a response from a poster on another board ...

Not to be outdone:
The ACC will also unveil a new logo this summer, with significant placement on tarps in all stadiums.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Funny except the most famous tarp is the one at Baylor.

Reaction Score
He's been on a roll today:

the xxxxofWV 1:43pm via Web
By the way... FSU has apparently made an enemy out of OSU. OSU spent all their IOUs getting FSU approved only to have Barron say no.

Reaction Score
MH3@MH314 Jun
hearing interesting whispers from the recruiting trail thats lending more smoke to a situation involving 2 SEC schools looking at options

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
MH3@MH314 Jun
hearing interesting whispers from the recruiting trail thats lending more smoke to a situation involving 2 SEC schools looking at options

Let us humor this for one second:

Texas A&M
Vanderbilt University
University of Florida
University of Missouri
University of Arkansas
University of Alabama
University of Kentucky
University of Tennessee
University of Georgia
Louisiana State University
University of South Carolina
Auburn University
University of Mississippi
Mississippi State University

Schools that would leave for the B12: 0
Schools that would leave for the ACC: 0
Schools that might listen to the B1G: 2 ... Vandy and Kentucky
Schools the B1G might actually offer: 0
Schools that would actually leave for the B1G if offered: 0.5 (Vandy would actually think about it for 5 seconds before scurrying back to the homestead for a mint julip and dinner with Colonel Buford T. Angus)

Reaction Score
Not that he's right...but he may be referring to two teams leaving for the Big 12 to give them 12 and a conf. champ. game.

Reaction Score
MH3@MH314 Jun

It would be a dereliction of duty for the respective board and president of Arkansas and LSU to leave the SEC, which will exist in perpetuity, for the Big 12 which will only exist as long as it is to the benefit of Texas.

Yes. LSU has had grievances with the SEC.
http://theadvocate.com/sports/4741258-32/five-reasons-lsu-should-leave

However, the SEC network will provide money and exposure that any current SEC school would be foolish to walk away from.
http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NE...762/sec-and-espn-announce-new-tv-network.aspx

LSU has the opportunity to rekindle a rivalry with Texas A & M.
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/05/lsu_ad_joe_alleva_said_tigers.html

Arkansas has the opportunity to develop a rivalry with Missouri.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...cle_8353654f-3239-579e-a0b2-19d1230a782a.html

Reaction Score
I look forward to the Crimson Tide Network. If there's enough fans.

Reaction Score
Vandy will not leave the SEC unless the SEC’s death spiral when it comes to academics threatens their research dollars, which is unlikely. Kentucky has no reason as they get SEC football $$’s without a mediocre football team while their basketball team owns the conference with only a periodic challenge from Florida. South Carolina left the ACC for the SEC and are not going back. Texas A&M is very happy as THE Texas team in the SEC. Eventually, demographics could make Georgia look north; but that is several generations away. That really leaves Missouri, which has no historical rivalries with the SEC while they do have history with Illinois and Nebraska. I can see them jumping at a shot at the B1G assuming not too many folks are upset about their prior rejection. They would love to bring Kansas with them; but, Kansas may not be able to go anywhere without Kansas State, which is a non-starter with the B1G.

Reaction Score
If Vandy leaves the SEC for the B1G,they can give up all pretence of being a college league and join the the NFL.

Reaction Score
This is all ridiculous. These morons get off on people posting about their speculation... Maybe just stop (me included).

Alright.

Final thought. If you really think about it, this whole issue of conference realignment is ridiculous.

The B1G, my home conference in the Midwest, reaching into the east so Michigan and Ohio State can give up games against traditional conference rivals to face Maryland and Rutgers.

A Midwest school, Missouri, in the SEC.

West Virginia in the Big 12.

A team from the mountain west region, Utah, in the PAC.

A team from Kentucky in a conference on the Atlantic Coast.

UConn, your school a basketball brand, in the AAC and no longer in a conference with your traditional basketball rivals.

Long standing rivalries, one of the best parts of college sports, tossed aside. Texas-Texas A & M, Kansas-Missouri, Pittsburgh-West Virginia all gone.

The Big Ten with 14 teams.

The Big 12 with 10 teams.

The Big East, as we knew it, gone.

Conferences with 14 teams and looking to expand to 16 and perhaps beyond leading them to play less of one another.

I love college sports. Because of this, I have spent time searching and speculating about what is next for the B1G, and other conferences to a lesser extent, only to realize it is time wasted if I am honest about it.

How the h**l, as alums and fans, do we fix this mess our conferences and universities have created?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Alright.

Final thought. If you really think about it, this whole issue of conference realignment is ridiculous.

The B1G, my home conference in the Midwest, reaching into the east so Michigan and Ohio State can give up games against traditional conference rivals to face Maryland and Rutgers.

UConn, your school a basketball brand, in the AAC and no longer in a conference with your traditional basketball rivals.

Long standing rivalries, one of the best parts of college sports, tossed aside. Texas-Texas A & M, Kansas-Missouri, Pittsburgh-West Virginia all gone.

Conferences with 14 teams and looking to expand to 16 and perhaps beyond leading them to play less of one another.

I love college sports. Because of this, I have spent time searching and speculating about what is next for the B1G, and other conferences to a lesser extent, only to realize it is time wasted if I am honest about it.

How the h**l, as alums and fans, do we fix this mess our conferences and universities have created?

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear enough. I was referring to the WVU twitter idiots.

If some UConn fans sleep better at night producing Big 10 fantasies they can knock themselves out. I imagine they are just delaying the inevitable realization that it's the American for at least a while... But I probably spend an hour a week thinking about what I'd do if I won Powerball so I guess I can't judge.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Alright.

You can add Kansas - Nebraska to the list, was the longest ongoing game in all of college football, if very one-sided. Missouri is a mixed state, Springfield fits in the SEC as much as Arkansas does. St. Louis is a Big Ten town and KC a Big XII town.

Put Colorado and Utah back in the MWC and it's not that bad. Arizona is hardly the Pacific either.

Much has been screwed up, and the way to fix it is to implement a 16 team playoff and give all conference champions a slot. Immediately, the idea of 16 team leagues would collapse, and we'd be back to 8-10 team leagues, which would foster more local rivalries, reduce travel cost and time and be much better for student athletes.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, CR just shows how bad institutional design can make people do irrational things for small amounts of money. In this case, the conference championship game for 12 team conferences led to expansion, but 12 (and 14) teams is an irrational size, you can't play everybody in your league yet there is not so great a distinction between the divisions that the championship game is really interesting. Just that little extra money for one more game was enough to lead schools to destroy historic rivalries.

Reaction Score
Alright.

boycott... don't go to any games... don't buy tickets.
it worked for Pitt... Now they're in the ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom