Non-Key Tweets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
UM? Is he talking about Michigan? The only thing he mentioned was a month or so back that he doesn't think CR is done long term - but it was a very open ended remark.

Anyway, here's Brandon's latest thoughts on CR:

“I believe we are positioned so we could operate on this for a long time, with no rush or need to expand further,” he said. “We’ll keep our eyes open. I have believed for some time conference expansion is not over. As interests move and different conferences grow and expand, it creates opportunities and ignites interest in taking a look at how you compete with what’s around you.”

Reaction Score
Anybody seen any interesting CR tweets today? I expected way more activity today after the flurry last night.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LSU? LSU? We talking about LSU? LSU?

Seriously these idiots are proposing that Arkansas and LSU would LEAVE the SEC to join the Big 12. And people actually believe them.

Reaction Score
Anybody seen any interesting CR tweets today? I expected way more activity today after the flurry last night.

Please see the West Virginia guys on Twitter

My thoughts for them ... gentlemen, after very careful consideration, sirs, I've come to the conclusion that your new rumors suck.

General Beringer.jpg

Reaction Score
Yawn! LSU and Arkansas? The fit perfectly in the SEC and make big dollars, so naturally they're reaching out to the Big Ten. Must not be getting enough page hits or radio listeners to come up with that one.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yawn! LSU and Arkansas? The fit perfectly in the SEC and make big dollars, so naturally they're reaching out to the Big Ten. Must not be getting enough page hits or radio listeners to come up with that one.

Not even Big 10. Big 12. Don't you get it. Both leagues would have 12!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dude to mengus in November
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370913556.086293.jpg

GT and Virginia to Big 10. Miami and FSU to Big 12. 'Confirmed by WVU'

Reaction Score
Not even Big 10. Big 12. Don't you get it. Both leagues would have 12!

MH3@MH35h
The 2 disgruntled schools that spoke with the Big12 apparently haven't limited themselves to just talking to us. BiG things a-brewin

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
MH3@MH35h
The 2 disgruntled schools that spoke with the Big12 apparently haven't limited themselves to just talking to us. BiG things a-brewin

Yeah the Big 12 has 10 teams for a reason. Nobody calls them.

Reaction Score
hilarious new tweets from whaler's bud mh3,

"But GOR or no GOR the big 12 realizes its not completely safe from expansion. There is still on school with a cheating heart"

"Long term plans for big12 involves expansion but short term 10 is best."

"FWIW the ACC needs only fear the B1G until they have a finalized GOR. Big 12 has no interest in any ACC school at this time"

It has been a really slow morning....plus I think mh3 is totally legit :oops:

Reaction Score
hilarious new tweets from whaler's bud mh3,

"But GOR or no GOR the big 12 realizes its not completely safe from expansion. There is still on school with a cheating heart"

"Long term plans for big12 involves expansion but short term 10 is best."

"FWIW the ACC needs only fear the B1G until they have a finalized GOR. Big 12 has no interest in any ACC school at this time"

It has been a really slow morning....plus I think mh3 is totally legit :oops:

Follow up tweets from MH3

still nothing for Uconn? Hard to believe that school with excellent academics and athletics still stuck in AAC

when the wheels stop turning I have a feeling Uconn will be in the ACC.

Reaction Score
In fairness to him, he has been saying this for a long time, and has never tried to pass it off as having been "confirmed by his sources." He's actually gotten much more reasonable of late. Still overly vague and not terribly reliable, but he's not like some of the other twitter geeks throwing out anything that could be a remote possibility and seeing what sticks.

Reaction Score
Big Ten's most likely targets aren't the schools likely to bolt at this time though - him and the dude seem to be pushing for Arky / LSU bolting to the Big 12 but that's more high charged fantasy than anything else.

Reaction Score
Follow up tweets from MH3

still nothing for Uconn? Hard to believe that school with excellent academics and athletics still stuck in AAC

I have a feeling in my gut that this will be the final outcome too. Makes too much sense and we fit well with the ACC North Division and would be a logical partner for Syracuse, Pitt, BC or maybe even Notre Dame or Louisville and with Syracuse we strengthen the ACC access to New York in a way that Syracuse alone simply doesn't. As I wrote elsewhere, I heard Tranghese speak very logically about the Big East strategy toward New York which most people don't understand. It is actually not a bad college market but it is a very disjointed market. Gavitt got that and Tranghese, for all his faults, and they were legion, understood it too. You can't get the new York college market with any single team. You need to get it from multiple points, Rutgers, UConn, Syracuse, even St Johns, Notre Dame and Seton Hall helped when they were all a part of the Big East. They all had pieces and they "cross-pollinated" which made it work. If you only have 1 you only have a very small piece of the whole. The Big will lose the Syracuse and UConn pieces. The ACC won't get UConn & Rutgers, all lose the basketball pieces which are more or less scattered to the winds now. The St Johns alum who watches college football is as likely to watch the SEC as the ACC now since he has no conneciton any more for example.

Reaction Score
@bcinterruption: Conference Realignment Hypothetical: West Virginia To The ACC sbn.to/11Y64pQ

"Eat your heart out, West Virginia bloggers"

Reaction Score
@bcinterruption: Conference Realignment Hypothetical: West Virginia To The ACC sbn.to/11Y64pQ

"Eat your heart out, West Virginia bloggers"

Again, out of Louisville and West Virginia, there's no question who has had the better recent run of success and I welcome UofL into the conference.

Why does Louisville get such a pass on football?

If I'm a fan, I'd take WV's record the last 5 years 99 times out of 100 over Louisville's.

WV beats them 4 years to 1.

Winning seasons? WV
BE Champs? WV
BCS Bowl victories? WV

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Why does Louisville get such a pass on football?

If I'm a fan, I'd take WV's record the last 5 years 99 times out of 100 over Louisville's.

WV beats them 4 years to 1.

Winning seasons? WV
BE Champs? WV
BCS Bowl victories? WV
And that's why Big 12 took them. They should have taken both though and we would most likely not been in this mess.

Reaction Score
FYI. A few tweets from MH3 focusing on B12 expansion and USF primarily discussed although UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, SMU, Memphis come up in the conversation.

MH3
Might the Big12 be toying with adding a pair of AAC schools to improve their bowl line-up? Stay tuned for more...

MH3
AAC ...

MH3
one in Florida

MH3
The great thing is that it still leaves us with room to grow and there a at least 4 major non-ACC schools that have shown interest ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom