No UConn Hockey games at XL Center until fall of 2021 | The Boneyard

No UConn Hockey games at XL Center until fall of 2021

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here<

>>Whatever sporting events are staged between now and March are likely to have limited, possibly zero fans, so for UConn to pay rent for the 15,000-seat arena, or for the CRDA to pay costs of opening and operating it, including increased costs of health and safety measures, would have been lost money.<<

>>“Our teams love competing in downtown Hartford," UConn athletic director David Benedict said, "but the conditions brought about by COVID-19 have made that impractical. Our men’s hockey and basketball teams will compete in the Mark Edward Freitas Ice Forum and Gampel Pavilion respectively. We look forward to playing at the XL Center during the 2021-22 season.”<<

Reaction Score
Curious to see how we paid season ticketholders will be treated.

My guess is you won’t find out until it’s known for sure whether fans will even be allowed in attendance.

It seems highly likely they will be holding games at Frietas either way. So I’d expect to be getting any of the following as compensation: partial or full refund, being able to carry over your season tickets to 2021-22, priority and/or exclusivity to Frietas events (I’m thinking that in order to make it work, they may have to have Some form of active claim system where you have to actually declare intent to go to a particular game to get a ticket even as a season holder so they know what they can sell as walk ups or to the general public, either that or limit to only season ticket purchasers and be first come first serve at that).

As a parting aside, I sincerely hope our broadcasting and streaming infrastructure is up to snuff, since we can’t rely on NESN and CBSSN to cover our whole season.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Curious to see how we paid season ticketholders will be treated.
I expected this. Glad I didn’t Re-up. My buddy who I sit with is at risk and, heck, at 60 I wouldn’t feel real comfortable in even a limited crowd this winter.

Reaction Score
At 72, just let me attend games IN PERSON. I'll wear a mask, social distance, do cartwheels, and cheer like hell for my alma mater. UConn vs BC/BU/NE/PC/UMass at Freitas................................count me in.

Reaction Score
At 72, just let me attend games IN PERSON. I'll wear a mask, social distance, do cartwheels, and cheer like hell for my alma mater. UConn vs BC/BU/NE/PC/UMass at Freitas................................count me in.
And I'll drive to Storrs from my home in Farmington.

Reaction Score
My guess is you won’t find out until it’s known for sure whether fans will even be allowed in attendance.

It seems highly likely they will be holding games at Frietas either way. So I’d expect to be getting any of the following as compensation: partial or full refund, being able to carry over your season tickets to 2021-22, priority and/or exclusivity to Frietas events (I’m thinking that in order to make it work, they may have to have Some form of active claim system where you have to actually declare intent to go to a particular game to get a ticket even as a season holder so they know what they can sell as walk ups or to the general public, either that or limit to only season ticket purchasers and be first come first serve at that).

As a parting aside, I sincerely hope our broadcasting and streaming infrastructure is up to snuff, since we can’t rely on NESN and CBSSN to cover our whole season.
Watch it on Live Barn... (sarcasm disclaimer)

Reaction Score

I think that is correct. Probably figuring it will mostly be no fans no reason to play at the XL Center and incur the costs. If they allow a few fans, it should really be student. What are they doing with season tickets for other sports? I assume they’ll do the same thing. option of refund, put towards next year, or donate. And maybe if you donate and they DO allow fans at some point you get an invitation/ voucher For some games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom