No. 21 South Dakota St. knocked off | The Boneyard

No. 21 South Dakota St. knocked off

Reaction Score
Lost to Omaha 52 - 40 in the Summit League Quarterfinals.

That's going to be bad news for one of the bubble teams.

Reaction Score
Exactly 30 days ago the Mavericks won an epic 2 overtime shootout against the Leathernecks 105 to 102. In raising their record to 6 and 12 the Mavericks notch the first of what may be many upsets during dance season

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

IMO it's bad news only for SD State. That's a one bid league to me. I watched them a couple times earlier and I couldn't figure out how they got ranked. I saw they beat Iowa State very early in the season. Iowa State was probably treating it more like a scrimmage and blew it.

Reaction Score
Huge upset! So much so, that the South Dakota State has the score 52-40 correct...just the winning team wrong.

Screenshot (6).png

Reaction Score

SDSU's leading scorer and last years player of the year in the Summit got hurt 2 weeks ago and is out for the remainder of the season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
IMO it's bad news only for SD State. That's a one bid league to me. I watched them a couple times earlier and I couldn't figure out how they got ranked. I saw they beat Iowa State very early in the season. Iowa State was probably treating it more like a scrimmage and blew it.
SD State has wins over Gonzaga, Missouri State and Iowa State, and this is their only bad loss. They are in.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
SD State has wins over Gonzaga, Missouri State and Iowa State, and this is their only bad loss. They are in.

They may get in but I know know how they beat those teams. When I watched them I just don't see much there. Their biggest wins were the first 3 games of the season. I'd be shocked if they could beat any of those same teams right now. We'll see what the committee does. I'm not convinced.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They may get in but I know know how they beat those teams. When I watched them I just don't see much there. Their biggest wins were the first 3 games of the season. I'd be shocked if they could beat any of those same teams right now. We'll see what the committee does. I'm not convinced.
Which bubble teams do you think have a better resume?

Your (subjective) eye test may disapprove, but the committee will base the decision on body of work. Creme has SD State as a 6 seed (before the loss). He may have been off by 1 or 2 seeds but they still won't be even close to the bubble even with this loss.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
There is some history to SD State. History always helps. I heard both sides mentioned while watching games today - that it will be a 1 bid league and that SD State has done enough. I have no idea, but again, they do have a history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom