NIT Update: USF vs. Rutgers Wednesday Night in Final Four | The Boneyard

NIT Update: USF vs. Rutgers Wednesday Night in Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
The Bulls will take on RU at 7 PM tomorrow at the Sun Dome. Whoever wins will play the winner of the South Dakota State/UTEP game (9 PM tomorrow night) in the Championship game on Saturday April 5 at 3 PM.
Site to be determined.

I still think USF deserved to go to the NCAA tournament a lot more than some teams who did make it.

If you are the Tampa area - tickets are $12.

GO BULLS! (Remember, they are staying in the AAC with us, not leaving like RU)

And besides, it will be a fun game....

Reaction Score
Hope whoever does win this wins the WNIT championship. I know the american isn't as strong as other conferences but the committee screwed the American in mens and womens brackets.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
The games on Wednesday are not on the tv as far as I know. You can watch or hear the USF game on the USF women's basketball web site (free). I have heard that the championship game will be on CBSSports network, but don't have the details other than 3 PM on Saturday at the moment.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just checked here in FL and no local TV coverage.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
RU won 62 - 52.
Thanks for posting. Am happy they both made it this far, would have preferred USF to win just because they remain in the AAC, but good luck to Rutgers in the final!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice win for RU but excellent showing for USF. I wonder why they didn't put them on opposite sides of the bracket? Woulda been nice to see 2 AAC teams in the NIT finals. On the men's side, I think SMU is still dancing in the NIT...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nice win for RU but excellent showing for USF. I wonder why they didn't put them on opposite sides of the bracket? Woulda been nice to see 2 AAC teams in the NIT finals. On the men's side, I think SMU is still dancing in the NIT...
It's SMU vs Minnesota for the NIT title tonight in MSG. Here's hoping the MSG has some left over mojo from the men's East Regionals.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geography - home courts all the way and an East/West split to reduce travel costs for teams. But yeah - too bad.

Reaction Score
Surprising.

Scaiffe must've had a good game. She didn't when they played at Rutgers at the game I attended.
Scaife did not start, but she was the leading scorer with 22 points. Canty had a double double and Hollivay had 8 blocks. It was a team effort with 4 scorers in double figures.

Reaction Score
She's great when she doesn't try to force things. A lot of these girls need to learn when to use the pull-up jumper instead of trying to drive between two defenders.

Pull up, shoot and follow your shot.

I have the game tonight dvr'ed.

Reaction Score
She's great when she doesn't try to force things. A lot of these girls need to learn when to use the pull-up jumper instead of trying to drive between two defenders.

Pull up, shoot and follow your shot.

I have the game tonight dvr'ed.
She is great. She will pass Cappie for most points as a freshman in the WNIT championship game if she scores 1 basket. I don't know if she is as good a basketball player as Diamond Deshields, but she is special and I am really glad she is on our team. Tyler has a great attitude and work ethic. We should be pretty good next year with her and Kahleah Copper, who is so improved from her freshman season on our team.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
She is great. She will pass Cappie for most points as a freshman in the WNIT championship game if she scores 1 basket. I don't know if she is as good a basketball player as Diamond Deshields, but she is special and I am really glad she is on our team. Tyler has a great attitude and work ethic. We should be pretty good next year with her and Kahleah Copper, who is so improved from her freshman season on our team.
I used to really dislike RU. Their coach and even some of their players.

Now, I don't dislike the coach as much. Don't really know the players as well.

I'll be rooting for Texas El Paso. I'm a fan.

Reaction Score
Ah well, then were equal with UConn, no moving screens called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom