Nika showing love for ONO's deft move | The Boneyard

Nika showing love for ONO's deft move

Reaction Score
It's a smooth looking fadeaway. But it's not my favorite move for a big. Little chance of an O-board if she misses.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
That’s quite reminiscent of Napheesa’s fadeaway. She even began the move like Napheesa, with the option of an up-and-under if the defender gives it to her.

Ice certainly has the germ of the undefendable fadeaway. I’m sure CD and Jamelle can’t wait to begin their instruction.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Good points above. I've been eager to see how she might perform on offense in the W when she wouldn't be double- and triple-teamed all the time.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
And the horse getting beat is still dead!!!

Why do fans have to resort to negative comments about a player's previous seasons in a thread where the OP is about a nice move Liv made and was appreciated by a current Huskie player???

UFB.

Reaction Score
Good points above. I've been eager to see how she might perform on offense in the W when she wouldn't be double- and triple-teamed all the time.
I agree Gus. I've watch a lot of Sparks games and she usually gets only 4 to 6 minutes, and then doesn't get passed the ball much. I feel it's just a matter of time for the other players getting used to her game and both she and her teammates getting some confidence in her. New coach also.

Reaction Score

Why do fans have to resort to negative comments about a player's previous seasons in a thread where the OP is about a nice move Liv made and was appreciated by a current Husky player???

UFB.
Because they’re thinking about what might have happened if the player had played like that when she was here! I see nothing wrong or demeaning about that at all. I wish she had been able to make that shot while she was here too!

Reaction Score
People! That move is all about confidence and not being afraid to miss. Nice move Liv. It only gets better from here.

Reaction Score
I remember an interview with Ralph Sampson just before he was drafted. Asked what was his signature shot, he replied “a fadeaway.” Now granted he had a really smooth fadeaway and it got him into the HoF. But it seemed a little odd that he wouldn’t prefer a stronger move to the basket. Kareem developed that sky hook, to be sure, but iirc that was a result of the NCAA rule against dunking.

Reaction Score
I remember an interview with Ralph Sampson just before he was drafted. Asked what was his signature shot, he replied “a fadeaway.” Now granted he had a really smooth fadeaway and it got him into the HoF. But it seemed a little odd that he wouldn’t prefer a stronger move to the basket. Kareem developed that sky hook, to be sure, but iirc that was a result of the NCAA rule against dunking.

Sampson was built like a bean pole and I don't think he liked the heavy contact that a strong move to the basket would bring. Thus the preference for the fade away. JMO.

Reaction Score
Sampson was built like a bean pole and I don't think he liked the heavy contact that a strong move to the basket would bring. Thus the preference for the fade away. JMO.
No kidding. He didn't like mixing it up underneath. That's exactly what his answer reveals about him. Still got to the HoF though.

Reaction Score

Why do fans have to resort to negative comments about a player's previous seasons in a thread where the OP is about a nice move Liv made and was appreciated by a current Husky player???

UFB.
ONO had no bigger backer than me because I knew she had much to offer...........for whatever reason she rarely showed her best offensive moves at the college level.........I'm glad she's using them now but it's a bit disappointing to think about what could have been.........

Reaction Score
Nice move!! Liv looked smooth with that fadeaway. Love the one hand catch to star the whole move.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
ONO had no bigger backer than me because I knew she had much to offer...........for whatever reason she rarely showed her best offensive moves at the college level.........I'm glad she's using them now but it's a bit disappointing to think about what could have been.........
ONO had that move and used it when she wasn't being doubled or tripled teamed, it just wasn't as smooth as this one. She has improved it since moving to the W. She is one on one with a smaller player so she had little trouble with making the move. Also the refs had called her many times for shuffling her feet when she did the same move while at UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom