Nika Muhl will press UCONN guards very hard for minutes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl will press UCONN guards very hard for minutes

Reaction Score
Nika was on the 5-player all-star and all-defensive teams in her pro league. I think she’s led the league in assists three years running. I don’t care if she starts, but she’ll definitely get her minutes.

I think it’ll be amazing having a pass-first point guard and a combo guard. It’ll give opposing defenses fits.

Do you have a link for these stats? Would love to see them. Lots going on in European leagues, but difficult to find out.

Thanks for pointing out!

Reaction Score
She's scrappy & full of energy...but that can easily mean "out of control" against tougher competition & in Geno's system. I can see her bring energy minutes off the bench, by pressing and pushing the play.
From what little seen of Nika, she is somewhat a "Molly Bent" type with overall better skills. Molly likely had a better 3 point shot, but at times was hesitant. Nika is relentless and appears to have the experience and make up to run a team if needed.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
You got NOTHING! That's what I thought. Nothing to make you believe that Nika was mentally tougher than any other UCONN recruits or that she would pick up the UCONN offense faster that your average UCONN recruits.
:D:D:D Geno trumps you and your misguided opinions.
Quotable: “What I like about Nika is she just has this incredible passion for the game. She has a certain toughness about her that comes from playing in a really competitive environment over in Croatia. Along with Paige, she’s another player that I think gets a lot of satisfaction out of getting someone else the ball and not necessarily focusing on scoring. I just love her enthusiasm and passion for the game and how tough she is physically and mentally. I think the fans are really going to like Nika.” — Auriemma

Aaliyah Edwards
was the other frosh who Geno labelled as tough. In this article: UConn women’s basketball: Breaking down the Huskies’ 2020 recruiting class
Quotable: “Playing for the Canadian National Team has given Aaliyah a tremendous amount of confidence and a lot of exposure to really good basketball at a really high level. She’s tough, she’s aggressive, she goes all out all the time. She can become an amazing defender for us, she can become a scorer that scores from a lot of different places. I think we’re getting a really mature, experienced player that can play a lot of different positions for us.” — Auriemma

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ahh, freshmen. They remind me of every baseball team in spring training. "This kid's fastball is unhittable" , "This kid might be the next 400 hitter", or "I havn't see one ground ball get past this kid." By the second week of June the they are pitching, hitting and fielding for the Nagshead Navigators in the Class -B league.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The 2019 Basketball Without Borders Camp in which Nika and was named to the All_star team was in Charolette not Tampa.
"The Huskies lost to Notre Dame 81-76 in the Final Four on Friday, concluding a 35-3 season. Muhl, who was in Tampa, Fla., participating in the Next Generation minicamp, attended the national semifinal."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Uconn is loaded for at least the next 4-6 seasons... Winning another 4 more championships and going on another 100+ winning streak won't be out of the question either.... I would say Geno probably has another 4-6 years in him too.

The real question is will there be a season next year.... Will the university even be open?

There a a few players I can't wait to see including Paige and Evina (who I know is very good) I also can't wait to see Evina stick it to her former team of course...If all goes as planed..

Because that was lousy what happened to her this year... I have my suspicions that her former team had something to do with it too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Uconn is loaded for at least the next 4-6 seasons... Winning another 4 more championships and going on another 100+ winning streak won't be out of the question either.... I would say Geno probably has another 4-6 years in him too.

The real question is will there be a season next year.... Will the university even be open?

There a a few players I can't wait to see including Paige and Evina (who I know is very good) I also can't wait to see Evina stick it to her former team of course...If all goes as planed..

Because that was lousy what happened to her this year... I have my suspicions that her former team had something to do with it too.

I agree about the next 5 years. Without Fudd. And if the last piece falls to UConn the future could be historic.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Do you have a link for these stats? Would love to see them. Lots going on in European leagues, but difficult to find out.

Thanks for pointing out!

This is from a quick search. WABA stats for 19-20; I think she led by a wider margin in 18-19 (must select assists).

This indicates she was all-star and all-defensive team in the Croatian league in 19-20:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom