Nika injury? | The Boneyard

Nika injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team cannot catch a break, why oh why basketball gods. Any word on her injury?

Reactions: DD2
Reaction Score
I am also seeing comments that Lou left due to a foot injury.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
If it is a concussion, how long is she required to sit out?

Reaction Score
can someone explain what exactly happened, only saw the 4th
She took a pretty good shot with an inadvertent Princeton elbow to her mouth which took her to the floor - she would have survived that but Edwards didn't seem to be aware or able to react and dealt her a big hit with her knee to the back of her head which really snapped her head forward

Reaction Score
If it is a concussion, how long is she required to sit out?

Until she passes concussion protocol. Could theoretically be only a few days - assuming she does indeed have a concussion, which appears likely - but likely longer. Possibly more than a week, maybe a lot more. (hopefully not).

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Nika took two pops to the face/head (an elbow then a hand) on the same play from Miles in the last game. The rest of the game she had ice on her face during time outs. Recall that last year Caroline didn't suffer a concussion per se, but sustained hits to the head several games in a row, from which she still seems to be recovering.

I hope Nika takes enough time to be 100% recovered.

Reaction Score
Nika took two pops to the face/head (an elbow then a hand) on the same play from Miles in the last game. The rest of the game she had ice on her face during time outs. Recall that last year Caroline didn't suffer a concussion per se, but sustained hits to the head several games in a row, from which she still seems to be recovering.

I hope Nika takes enough time to be 100% recovered.
seems like CD has not been the same since those hits

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i know that i've already liked the 'stop the speculation' post, but,
il_794xN.1983366903_9pvw.jpg

cheeze and crackers already, lou has a tender wheel, and, unless they moved her to witness protection, it's still nika who took a couple of knocks to the noggin.
nika muhl. The Nika Muhl.
they're not china dolls, u know.
go ahead, i dares ya, call nika a 'china doll.' then run, fast,
before she clocks you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Until she passes concussion protocol. Could theoretically be only a few days - assuming she does indeed have a concussion, which appears likely - but likely longer. Possibly more than a week, maybe a lot more. (hopefully not).

The Hearst Connecticut Media sports reporter is finally admitting that Decharmes suffered a concussion last year, which kept her out for an extended period. A concussion could clear up quickly, or linger for weeks, even longer.

Let's hope the symptoms clear up quickly.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
The Hearst Connecticut Media sports reporter is finally admitting that Decharmes suffered a concussion last year, which kept her out for an extended period. A concussion could clear up quickly, or linger for weeks, even longer.

Let's hope the symptoms clear up quickly.
What's with "finally admitting"?? After Caroline took hits to the head against Creighton and missed several games starting with the Tennessee game, it was public knowledge that she had a concussion, or at least a significant head injury.

If you are arguing about the precision with which the details were reported, that really isn't a fan's business. The players are entitled to a degree of medical privacy. UConn attempts to let fans know what they know about the duration of a player's unavailability, as they just did with Azzi. And if Azzi turns out to need 8 or 10 weeks instead of the 3 to 6 weeks that UConn estimated, that does not prove that anyone was being deliberately misleading or deceptive.

There is no such thing as a fan's "right to know".

Reaction Score
This team cannot catch a break, why oh why basketball gods. Any word on her injury?
Because if we didn’t have injuries we would win every year. Basketball gods want parity evidently. Last year if AG was available and DJ we arguably win. Others maybe remember better than I going through every year since Mississippis last second shot. Did we not have injuries those years too. If I recall we did. Our bench tonight is a Finsl Four team.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Nika was hit in the head 3 times: elbow which sent her down, head-Aaliyah's knee collision on the way down and head to floor collision.....to varying degrees of impact. I would be very surprised if the diagnosis is "no concussion". As someone said, Nika is nuts, so don't believe she is until the doctors say so.

But what a baptism-by-fire for Ines....fumbled around when she was thinking what to do, looked fine when she stopped thinking and just played. And, to hold nerve to make those free throws to seal the game......

Reaction Score
Don't know about you guys but when Nika was laying there motionless for what seemed like a couple minutes I was pretty worried about her. Then seeing the replay and how her head jerked after the impact with Aaliyah's knee, capped off with a pretty dazed Nika being helped off the court, didn't help matters.

But as ugly as the game got, the fact that her teammates had no quit in them and found a way to come out with a W, I couldn't help but think there was a little Nika in their heads and hearts! Prayers for a full recovery for Nika (and for whoever has to hold her back until she is fully healthy enough to return to the court).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom