OT: Nick Saban retiring | The Boneyard

OT: Nick Saban retiring

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If true... that will start quite the shuffling in the coaching ranks. Lots of coaches who just signed a new deal will be reviewing their buyout clauses.

Starting with Kiffin.

Reaction Score
Perfect timing to steal Dabo if true, but I doubt it. Saban seems as into it as ever. Regardless, you win the title before you tell your players you are retiring. Right now, it would be an unnecessary distraction.

Reaction Score
Feels like if this were true, any manor network/reporter would have picked this up.
Also you don’t tell your team and not expect it to not get out.
Now this will become topic A B and C for every interview involving Saban and every Bama player.

Saban is not about distractions. I can’t see him making such an announcement publicly or privately right now.

Better guess: plant by a Cinci fan trying to distract Bama.

Reaction Score
Saban's contract has been extended for another 6 years...

Saban said this season...

"I've got 10 more years, man," Saban interjected.

To be clear, Saban doesn’t have a timetable for when he’ll hang up his whistle. Instead, the head coach said he plans on “just kind of keep on keeping on.”

“The only thing that I’ve ever said is that if I felt like I was riding the program down or I wasn’t able to make a positive contribution to the program, then that would probably be time to let somebody else carry the torch.”

Reaction Score
If true... that will start quite the shuffling in the coaching ranks. Lots of coaches who just signed a new deal will be reviewing their buyout clauses.

Starting with Kiffin.
Have heard from a couple bama boosters that Kiffin is waiting to take over when Saban decides to retire

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom