Nice write-up on Tonya | The Boneyard

Nice write-up on Tonya

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
that's some great stuff on Tonya. i'll be really curious to see what kind of elite level talent she's able to get to come to Temple. if she's able to recruit well and have continued success, she may well end up the front runner to take over at UCONN if/when Geno leaves...

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
There have been some folks who have touted Tonya as the next head coach at Rutgers:D.

I think there is a ceiling on over-all success for teams in non-BCS conferences in general although with the changing landscape - who knows? Unfortunately, Temple's neighborhood is not an advantage in recruiting, either.

I would consider a Sweet 16 finish a realistic goal for Temple, with an outside shot at the Elite 8. I think accomplishing that level would make Tonya a serious candidate for a top tier coaching position.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There have been some folks who have touted Tonya as the next head coach at Rutgers:D.

I think there is a ceiling on over-all success for teams in non-BCS conferences in general although with the changing landscape - who knows? Unfortunately, Temple's neighborhood is not an advantage in recruiting, either.

I would consider a Sweet 16 finish a realistic goal for Temple, with an outside shot at the Elite 8. I think accomplishing that level would make Tonya a serious candidate for a top tier coaching position.

I agree with everything you said. A Sweet 16 finish is realistic for Temple and who knows, maybe there's another Candice Dupree out there.

Living as I do in the Philadelphia area I had a chance to watch a 30-minute segment on Tonya and her team on Comcast sports last year. It was clear from the segment that Tonya's players adore her and she loves coaching them. It was nice to watch.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Cat, TJI, Philster, Wonkster, and I attended the regionals at Temple last year, and no one got mugged. I guess I'm setting the bar rather low. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom