OT: Nice.... An athlete who puts his money where.... | The Boneyard

OT: Nice.... An athlete who puts his money where....

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
$1,000,000 from Kevin Durant. Very nice.

Kind of on the other end, Matt Kemp, originally from Midwest City, OK, is donating $1000 per home run he hits....until the All-Star Break. So far he's hit.......2 this year. (Kemp signed an 8 year contract extension in 2011 for.......$160,000,000). Quite possibly he is doing a lot of other charitable things (like giving away his jersey to a cancer patient). But if you are gonna put your name out there.......you gotta do better than that. If only from a PR standpoint.

As one Tweeter person put it "Kevin Durant is donating $500K for each home run Matt Kemp has hit this season." - Duk @KevinKaduk

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Then there's always some who has to completely take away from the gesture:

rovell1.jpg

What a d**k.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There's always one.

Kevin Durant continues to be just about the coolest dude ever.

Notice KD didn't even mention it. If the group that received the money hadn't tweeted (or blogged) about it, no one would have known. He did it through his foundation.

If it was Lebron, there would have been an ESPN special about the donation [note: not my joke].

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Notice KD didn't even mention it. If the group that received the money hadn't tweeted (or blogged) about it, no one would have known. He did it through his foundation.

If it was Lebron, there would have been an ESPN special about the donation [note: not my joke].
Yea I heard the Red Cross released the info that Durant had given the money.

Update on Kemp though, he came back with a $500,000 donation. Not sure if because he was getting PR heat, or he had planned on doing more all along. Either way, good job.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Durant, also, spent part of the day in Moore observing the area and helping people.

Reaction Score
Then there's always some who has to completely take away from the gesture:

rovell1.jpg

What a d**k.

....and a tremendous contribution from Darren to absolutely give away nothing worthy in the 4 3/4 seconds of reading his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom