NHT: Any Patriot fans becoming Tampa Bay fans. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NHT: Any Patriot fans becoming Tampa Bay fans.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Brady and now Gronk are headed to Florida. Any loyalties headed south with them?

No. You stop wearing the uniform I'm not rooting for you. I'll be rooting for the Saints to win that division. I won't root against them and wish them well. We are on to a new season.

If they can shore up the defense I think they can be better than last year. I expect Bill and Josh to substantially revise and modernize the offense, which will no longer have to account for Brady's immobility and demanding approach to pre-snap route adjustments. Stidham, if he is QB, will be less careful than Brady so turnovers are a concern. But he can make plays outside of the pocket and make throws to more parts of the field.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Brady and Gronk are gonna have a great year under Arians. But I'm actually more excited to see what the Patriots do this year now that Brady isn't there. I'd love for them to adopt a more Ravens-esque offense.

It won't look like the Ravens. But Stidham is about as mobile as Mahomes. He's an accurate thrower whether stationary or off of a moving platform. I think we will run the ball often, use some RPO (which we could not with Brady) and simplify the route running. Brady was amazing, but his demands on WR were extreme, which is why I think so many failed to earn his trust.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
So go live in Pittsburgh? lol
I'm all New England except for the NFL. I was a Pats fan going back to the mid 70's. But that d-b Kraft used my state and toyed with my emotions (UConn sharing an NFL sized stadium). That's when I turned on them. I've hated them ever since.
BTW, I did visit Pittsburgh for a game. I'll pass on the permanent move.

Reaction Score
Any Patriots fan who now says they have a "2nd favorite team" to root for now are garbage.

You don't get to do that. You don't get to be pompous d-bags for 20 years, then decide you feel like now rooting for a 2nd team too. Live and die with your team. Everyone else is the enemy. Pats fans? We've been waiting for the reckoning and here it is. Belichick (again) pooched the draft and they're going to stink this year. Sorry you can't block off the weekend of the AFC Championship game right now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Any Patriots fan who now says they have a "2nd favorite team" to root for now are garbage.

You don't get to do that. You don't get to be pompous d-bags for 20 years, then decide you feel like now rooting for a 2nd team too. Live and die with your team. Everyone else is the enemy. Pats fans? We've been waiting for the reckoning and here it is. Belichick (again) pooched the draft and they're going to stink this year. Sorry you can't block off the weekend of the AFC Championship game right now.

Course we do. I support the players, not just the laundry. Tom Brady and Gronk are our guys. Always will be. If a guy screws you, that's another story. But that's neither Brady, nor Gronk. I hope they are successful.

Not our fault your a Jets fan. :D

And Belichick pooched the draft again? By a wide variety of metrics and stats, he's a top 5 all time drafter--happy to show them to you. And given where he's had to select every year (back of the draft), that's pretty damn impressive.

Reaction Score
Course we do. I support the players, not just the laundry. Tom Brady and Gronk are our guys. Always will be. If a guy screws you, that's another story. But that's neither Brady, nor Gronk. I hope they are successful.

Not our fault your a Jets fan. :D

And Belichick pooched the draft again? By a wide variety of metrics and stats, he's a top 5 all time drafter--happy to show them to you. And given where he's had to select every year (back of the draft), that's pretty damn impressive.

Nope. Have you rooted for the Colts for as long as Vinatieri has been there? Of course not. It's fanboy nonsense to "root" for a guy on another team....if you're a real fan.

And I'd love to see your backup. To start, you can give me 1 or 2 WR's he's successfully drafted in the last 10 or 15 years.

Reaction Score
It won't look like the Ravens. But Stidham is about as mobile as Mahomes. He's an accurate thrower whether stationary or off of a moving platform. I think we will run the ball often, use some RPO (which we could not with Brady) and simplify the route running. Brady was amazing, but his demands on WR were extreme, which is why I think so many failed to earn his trust.
Good point. I'm pretty excited to see what Stidham can do.

Reaction Score
Nope. Have you rooted for the Colts for as long as Vinatieri has been there? Of course not. It's fanboy nonsense to "root" for a guy on another team....if you're a real fan.

And I'd love to see your backup. To start, you can give me 1 or 2 WR's he's successfully drafted in the last 10 or 15 years.

@intlzncster No worries. I did your homework for you. Going back to 2010, the Pats have drafted 8 WR's.
  • Braxton Berrios
  • Devin Lucien
  • Malcolm Mitchell
  • Jeremy Gallon
  • Aaron Dobson
  • Josh Boyce
  • Jeremy Ebert
  • Taylor Price
Also, going back to 2010, here are the RB's he's drafted:

• Damien Harris
  • Sony Michel
  • James White
  • Shane Vereen
  • Stevan Ridley

His best pick at the most important 2 offensive positions is James White?

Reaction Score
Never! Lifelong Patriots fan for about 40 years.

I will root for Tampa though only when they aren't playing the Patriots. Only because of Brady and Gronk. Brady had a great run. Maybe the best in NFL history and I'm thankful for the past 20 years.

Not sure why we can't root for players, you only get a handful of generational players in your lifetime. Why not root for them?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure why we can't root for players, you only get a handful of generational players in your lifetime. Why not root for them?

Then why caveat your post that you're a lifelong Patriots fan of 40 years?

Reaction Score
Then why caveat your post that you're a lifelong Patriots fan of 40 years?

Why do you need to choose between rooting for a team and rooting for a player? If you hate on a player because they aren't on your team, especially a generational talent, you'll end up not appreciating what that player has done for the game.

Reaction Score
Why do you need to choose between rooting for a team and rooting for a player? If you hate on a player because they aren't on your team, especially a generational talent, you'll end up not appreciating what that player has done for the game.

That's all disjointed logic.

On one hand, you want everyone to know you've been a Pats Superfan for 40 years. Not one of those bandwagon jumpers!!! I was around when it was bad.

Then, on the other hand, when they're turning bad again.....now you're going to root for Brady and Gronk because they're your boys?

I've been a Jets fan for 47 years. I didn't root for Keyshawn Johnson when he went to Tampa Bay. Or Chad Pennington when he went to Miami. Or Darrelle Revis when he went to NE or Tampa Bay. I can recognize great performances by other players....but I don't have to root for them to do well.

Reaction Score

On one hand, you want everyone to know you've been a Pats Superfan for 40 years. Not one of those bandwagon jumpers!!! I was around when it was bad.

Then, on the other hand, when they're turning bad again.....now you're going to root for Brady and Gronk because they're your boys?

I've been a Jets fan for 47 years. I didn't root for Keyshawn Johnson when he went to Tampa Bay. Or Chad Pennington when he went to Miami. Or Darrelle Revis when he went to NE or Tampa Bay. I can recognize great performances by other players....but I don't have to root for them to do well.
I am a Patriots fan through thick and thin. Thats my team. But whats wrong with rooting for Brady and Gronk? I'll root for them in the same manner I'll root for other great players. I just dont see your point. Just because a player left the team you rooted for doesnt mean you cant root for them to do well.

Personally, I just can't see myself harboring that much bitterness torwards former players that brought you multiple championships. Maybe its from the years of being a Jets fan. :p

Reaction Score

Because they didn't deliver any championships to please you. That USC Buttfumble QB has been the closest you got since Namath.

Got a long sleeve orange 1976 Bucco Bruce logo shirt. Don't care for the Bucs but like the shirt. If no one mentioned, the Bucs have the worst all time winning percentage of any active franchise. Also got an officially licensed 1965-70 Patriots AFL era logo t shirt. That's not too common.

Only size M and on ebay for anyone interested. Only 4 left, 20 shipped.

Reaction Score
I am a Patriots fan through thick and thin. Thats my team. But whats wrong with rooting for Brady and Gronk? I'll root for them in the same manner I'll root for other great players. I just dont see your point. Just because a player left the team you rooted for doesnt mean you cant root for them to do well.

Personally, I just can't see myself harboring that much bitterness torwards former players that brought you multiple championships. Maybe its from the years of being a Jets fan. :p

If you are ever at a bar watching Tampa Bay play and Brady throws a TD to Gronk and you cheer? You're not a Pats fan. Period.

Reaction Score
If you are ever at a bar watching Tampa Bay play and Brady throws a TD to Gronk and you cheer? You're not a Pats fan. Period.
So if I wasnt a Pats fan, Im allowed to cheer that TD pass or is that only allowed for Bucs fans only?

You are just a bitter Jets fan that allows this bitterness to permiate through to the enjoyment of the sport.

Reaction Score
I'll still be rooting for the Pats - but I am excited to see what TB and Gronk can accomplish down there in Tampa. If they can pull off another SB win I'll be thrilled to death for them.

Reaction Score
I'll still be rooting for the Pats - but I am excited to see what TB and Gronk can accomplish down there in Tampa. If they can pull off another SB win I'll be thrilled to death for them.

I'm guessing you'll be wearing a pink Edelman jersey while you're thrilled to death for them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been over it. For 47 years.
Prepare to join me in the land of mediocrity, friend.
We'll survive. We already went through similar with UConn. Sucks but what can you do? But I think the Pats will still be in the mix for as long as Belichick is there. After that, it will truly be over. The Krafts blow, they made one good hire.

Reaction Score
We'll survive. We already went through similar with UConn. Sucks but what can you do? But I think the Pats will still be in the mix for as long as Belichick is there. After that, it will truly be over. The Krafts blow, they made one good hire.

Maybe. I am curious to see the impact of paying current players or attracting FA's now that the "Patriot Way" can't dictate those $0.75 on the dollar type contracts just to play with Brady in NE.

Reaction Score

Parcells wasnt a good hire? Carroll sucked with the Pats but we have seen him win titles after his time with NE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom