NHT: Any Patriot fans becoming Tampa Bay fans. | The Boneyard

NHT: Any Patriot fans becoming Tampa Bay fans.

Reaction Score
Brady and now Gronk are headed to Florida. Any loyalties headed south with them?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I know I am not who you are asking, as a Jets fan I am rooting for Tampa. Because I despise Belichick. Love to see Brady and gronk be successful without him.

Reaction Score
I’m like most Patriot fans. We still love the Pats and want them to win it all but we’ll be rooting hard and enthusiastically for the Bucs to do well all season long.

Reaction Score
I wish Brady and Gronk personal success but want to Bucs to fail miserably as a team unless I need them to cover.

Reaction Score
I know I am not who you are asking, as a Jets fan I am rooting for Tampa. Because I despise Belichick. Love to see Brady and gronk be successful without him.
I'm curious because my brother-in-law was a Giants fan but loved Fran Tarkenton. When Tark was traded to the Vikings he became a Vikings fan and has remained so to this day. And Brady in many ways is the Patriots. He had been there seemingly forever, since 2000. If you are under 25. He basically has been your only QB.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I'm curious because my brother-in-law was a Giants fan but loved Fran Tarkenton. When Tark was traded to the Vikings he became a Vikings fan and has remained so to this day. And Brady in many ways is the Patriots. He had been there seemingly forever, since 2000. If you are under 25. He basically has been your only QB.
It's a little different with Brady because Tarkenton had his most and best years with the Vikings. But I see your point.

Reaction Score
Brady and Gronk are gonna have a great year under Arians. But I'm actually more excited to see what the Patriots do this year now that Brady isn't there. I'd love for them to adopt a more Ravens-esque offense.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Brady and Gronk are gonna have a great year under Arians. But I'm actually more excited to see what the Patriots do this year now that Brady isn't there. I'd love for them to adopt a more Ravens-esque offense.
Who is their Lamar Jackson?

Reaction Score
They are now my second favorite team. Still a Patriots fan, but will be hoping that Brady and Gronk have a steller year. If they meet in the Superbowl, I probably wouldn't watch - it would be too confusing, I would have a difficult time rooting for an interception or a hard sack against Tampa, or long pass plays or scores against the Pats.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Looking forward to Belicheks next rebuild. He is still the savviest coach out there and I expect something up his sleeve this weekend!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’m like most Patriot fans. We still love the Pats and want them to win it all but we’ll be rooting hard and enthusiastically for the Bucs to do well all season long.
I endorse this message.

Reaction Score
Brady and now Gronk are headed to Florida. Any loyalties headed south with them?
Will I watch on TV? Absolutely. Will I root for them to win? FAT CHANCE! Did any Sox fans root for the Yankees after Clemens or Damon joined them? The White Sox with Fisk? Angels with Lynn? I grew up in the fifties and sixties. Saddest day of my sporting life was when my boyhood idol, Willie Mays, was traded from the Giants to the Mets. Always admired the (very few now) guys who played their entire careers with one team, especially after free agency nixed the reserve clause...……….Yaz, Brooks, Ripken, Schmidt, G. Brett.

Reaction Score
I root for the laundry. If it's a Patriots uniform then I want them to do well. Once out of a Patriots uniform I wish them no ill will, but I also don't care how they do. I went to my first game in 1976 with a $6 end zone seat in the old Schaeffer Stadium for a game againt the Raiders. Long time Pats fans remember the game well as Grogan and company shockingly blew out the team that would go on to win the Super Bowl that year after beating the Pats in the playoffs on a very questionable roughing the passer call. So I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly. Will we see another era like the last 20 years - highly doubtful. But I will be rooting the same either way.

Reaction Score
Belichick is a football genius. No doubt. But, Bill cares about Bill. Bill needs to break the team and rebuild it to prove he is the guy responsible for the dynasty. The NFL is a QB league and they are working with nothing on either side of the ball - no QB and a weak receiver corps.

Reaction Score
As a long time Bucs fan (like original losing streak time period) I am interested in seeing how much the bandwagon fills up. Growing up I used to get my chops busted for rocking the creamsicles now they are en vogue. It'll be just like the early 2000s. Circa 1993, mullet included...
bucs.jpg

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I won't be a TB fan but I will watch them play if it's convenient for me. I also would not mind seeing them win some games. Brady and Gronk contributed a ton to the Patriots.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When Tark was traded to the Vikings he became a Vikings fan and has remained so to this day.
When Tark was traded to the Vikings, I became a Patriot fan because they had Jim Plunkett. The Giants got Norm Snead who had a good year. I remember seeing Norm Snead on an awards show being introduced by Buddy Hackett. He called him Norm Schneed. That was pretty much the highlight of the trade for the Gints.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
As a Steeler fan, I will root against Baltimore, New England and now Tampa. I also look forward to the day the Pats fall back to the pack and the insufferable Pats fans go back in their holes. They've been miserable to live among for 20 years now. It's like living in the SNL sketch about "Da Bears".

Reaction Score
As a Steeler fan, I will root against Baltimore, New England and now Tampa. I also look forward to the day the Pats fall back to the pack and the insufferable Pats fans go back in their holes. They've been miserable to live among for 20 years now. It's like living in the SNL sketch about "Da Bears".
Oh, don't worry. The Patriots have stable and competent ownership now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Will I watch on TV? Absolutely. Will I root for them to win? FAT CHANCE! Did any Sox fans root for the Yankees after Clemens or Damon joined them?

That is completely and utterly different situation. If Brady and Gronk went to the Jets/Giants or whomever, I'd agree

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Belichick is a football genius. No doubt. But, Bill cares about Bill. Bill needs to break the team and rebuild it to prove he is the guy responsible for the dynasty. The NFL is a QB league and they are working with nothing on either side of the ball - no QB and a weak receiver corps.

I don't think he looks at this as a rebuild. He has one of the better defenses in the NFL. And, they really like Stidham. Even if they do grab a QB today.

They have very little cap space this year, which handcuffs them, but next year they have something stupid like 100million

intlzncster

Reaction Score

So go live in Pittsburgh? lol

Reaction Score
I don't think he looks at this as a rebuild. He has one of the better defenses in the NFL. And, they really like Stidham. Even if they do grab a QB today.

They have very little cap space this year, which handcuffs them, but next year they have something stupid like 100million
There is a theory they purposely tank this year to get Trevor Lawrence who many think is better than Burrow. Seems like a stretch. Their D can only carry them so far. Too many high powered offenses that ultimately overwhelm their anemic offense. Plus Bill’s schemes and tendencies are now well known with many of his acolytes having jumped ship and countering his moves from other sideline.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom