NHL Draft 2020 | The Boneyard

NHL Draft 2020

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here<

>>UConn coach Mike Cavanaugh has been working with Capone — who had committed to Maine before choosing UConn last year — and the other players on the team three times a week. While there haven’t been 5-on-5 drills, it hasn’t taken long for Capone to impress his new coach.

“He has done a nice job,” Cavanaugh said. “He has acclimated himself pretty well. He is big and strong. We are still in pods of eight players at a time so I think he will shine even more when it is 5 on 5, when he gets to go up and down the ice and be physical.

“I naturally had seen him play quite a bit because he is a Connecticut kid, he made a decision to commit to school [Maine] very early but you still watch him, we would be out watching Salisbury play all the time. I thought he just kept getting better and better, I saw him play in the USHL and I thought he was just fantastic.”

It was during his time in the USHL that Capone decided to stay home and be part of the program Cavanaugh is building at UConn.<<

Reaction Score
Hartford Whaler Geoff Sanderson’s son will be either the 1st or 2nd defensemen taken. Should be in the top 5

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here<

>>Kuznetsov is one of four players on UConn’s 2020-21 roster who could get drafted, which would be the most of a Connecticut college program.

“I think it speaks volumes of what our assistant coaches have done on the recruiting trail. One of West Haven’s own, Joe Pereira, has been my assistant since I got here and he does an outstanding job finding that under-the-radar talent,” Cavanaugh said. “We have been able to develop some of it and I think it bodes well.

“Tage Thompson came and he wasn’t really a highly recruited kid, he developed and became a first-rounder and played in the NHL. Max Letunov was another kid who came here and developed for three years and had a chance to play in the NHL last year, so I think it is a really positive direction for our program.”

Jacob Flynn, who had two goals and seven assists in 30 games as a freshman, is 122nd among North American skaters in the NHL draft rankings. Freshman forward Nick Capone from East Haven is ranked 126th and fellow UConn freshman forward Artem Shlaine jumped up to No. 93 in the NHL’s final pre-draft rankings.<<

Reaction Score
Brett Berard to the Rangers in the 5th Round 134th overall. For those who may not know, son of former Huskies Assistant and current Holy Cross Head Coach David Berard. Brett is now a Freshman at Providence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom