Next Year's Schedule? | The Boneyard

Next Year's Schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Never too early to start thinking about next season and who we are going to play. Hopefully Covid is knocked out and we can play a full schedule. That leaves 18 Big East games, but what does our OOC look like? IIRC we are scheduled to play in Atlantis this November, but like I said, hopefully Covid doesn't screw that up since we would be traveling internationally. Do we have any agreements with anybody else for non conference in 2021-22? I cannot wait to be in a sold out Gampel and XL to watch games in person again.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We play 20 Big East games.
Battle for Atlantis
Gavitt game (hopefully)
Big 12/Big East challenge (hopefully)
2 home and homes against P5s (hopefully)
4 cupcakes

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
That would be nice to have a game in the Big 12/Big East challenge. I would love a game with Kansas. Imagine a UConn/Kansas game at Gampel? That would be crazy.
My guess is that our likely opponent would be Kansas or Texas based on league placement. I don't think they will have Creighton (BE #2) and Kansas (Big 12 #2) play again this year so Kansas is very possibly our opponent. Villanova will likely play Baylor.

Reaction Score
Battle for Atlantis
Gavitt game (hopefully)
4 cupcakes
From what’s been said I don’t believe we will be in the big east challenges

Reaction Score
Aren't the Huskies still committed to playing an AAC team. If so, Houston is actually beyond a no brainer. They're now a legit powerhouse, and as an ooc opponent would be a major plus on the schedule. I'm not a UConn guy, and UConn/Houston would be a must watch on my schedule.

Reaction Score
Battle for Atlantis
Gavitt game (hopefully)
4 cupcakes
iirc we prob arent playing in either the gavitt games or big12 challenge as that contract was signed before we joined the BE

Reaction Score
Never too early to start thinking about next season and who we are going to play. Hopefully Covid is knocked out and we can play a full schedule. That leaves 18 Big East games, but what does our OOC look like? IIRC we are scheduled to play in Atlantis this November, but like I said, hopefully Covid doesn't screw that up since we would be traveling internationally. Do we have any agreements with anybody else for non conference in 2021-22? I cannot wait to be in a sold out Gampel and XL to watch games in person again.
Not sure how the contracts are written for these early season tournaments, but if covid/international travel were an issue, could all of the teams slotted to play in the Atlantis tournament play here in the states instead? I realize finding a venue may be a challenge. Hopefully they plan ahead for this.

Reaction Score
I have some Delta and JetBlue travel $$$ from my canceled March '20 trip and would love to reuse that for a weekend game at Hinkle.

Reaction Score
Aren't the Huskies still committed to playing an AAC team. If so, Houston is actually beyond a no brainer. They're now a legit powerhouse, and as an ooc opponent would be a major plus on the schedule. I'm not a UConn guy, and UConn/Houston would be a must watch on my schedule.
Well, let's stop the powerhouse talk until they can actually make a FFour for the first time in 35+ years. They have a very nice path, 11 seed Cuse and either 8 Loyola or 12 Oregon St. Get to the FFour, which really should be no issue and then lets see how they do in the next five years to follow that up.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Well, let's stop the powerhouse talk until they can actually make a FFour for the first time in 35+ years. They have a very nice path, 11 seed Cuse and either 8 Loyola or 12 Oregon St. Get to the FFour, which really should be no issue and then lets see how they do in the next five years to follow that up.
They are banged up terribly but still showed the fortitude to pull off a great comeback against a very game Rutgers team. A team can be a powerhouse and not make a final 4. - Gonzaga for years
Houston has had nice teams for several years

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

They are a solid program. Have been for some time. Sampson had a losing season his first year there and has won 20+ games and played in the NIT or NCAAs every year since. They also have a pretty rich history. I picked them for the Final Four, and I'm liking that pick.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Wow, on paper the best 3 Big East teams Nova, UConn, and Xavier are all on the road.

Reaction Score
The Huskies’ game at Florida, which was canceled last year due to COVID-19 restrictions, still has an open and alive contract, but it’s hard to say whether that game will be played this upcoming season.

Reaction Score
Confirmed OOC games - 5

1 cupcake - vs CCSU
1 BE v B12 - @ West Virginia
3 B4A games - I mean, the worst games are VCU, Loyola-Chicago??? Each and every game will be a good OOC win.

The Florida game would be nice. I'd imagine another regional home game will be scheduled too.

How about a preseason game against St. Joseph's (CT)?!?

Reaction Score
Confirmed OOC games - 5

1 cupcake - vs CCSU
1 BE v B12 - @ West Virginia
3 B4A games - I mean, the worst games are VCU, Loyola-Chicago??? Each and every game will be a good OOC win.

The Florida game would be nice. I'd imagine another regional home game will be scheduled too.

How about a preseason game against St. Joseph's (CT)?!?
St Joes Ct. is division 3 i belief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA