Next Up - #11 Creighton | The Boneyard

Next Up - #11 Creighton

Reaction Score
Bad news: We had our “W T F” loss against SJU.
Good news: We have a chance to redeem ourselves against one of the top teams in the country.

We need to find a way to beat Creighton on Saturday. Even without Bouknight, I believe we have the pieces to do it. If we do so, we remain in the T25 and we keep our season reputation as positive.

If we play defense with the same tenacity we saw against Marquette, I like our chances against anyone in the country. Nobody hates losing more than Dan Hurley. We need to trust him, and I’m confident that he’s preparing a winning game plan for our trip to Nebraska.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just saw the Nova news. If Bouk were to somehow come back in the 2 week portion of his timeframe, he could theoretically be back on January 26th, in time for the Butler game. Unlikely probably, but maybe there's a chance. Like Jim Carey would say, "So you're saying there's a chance!"

Reaction Score
Creighton is beatable if they play like they did the other day against Butler. Zegerowski I assume will be back for this one. Would be huge if he wasn't. Really need to get back to rebounding the basketball. Cant allow 2nd chance opportunity's against them or it wont end well.

Reaction Score
Has the big east or ncaa announced any changes to conference tournaments? Are they still happening?

Reaction Score
If we avoid anymore "bad" loses, win some 50-50 games & hang in there until we get Bouk we'll be fine.

UConn is still ranked #27 in Kenpom & #25 in NET so we're a solid tourney team right now.

Losses we want to avoid are Georgetown, Butler & Johnnies rematches. We have many opportunities for good / ok wins...Seton Hall (2), Nova (2) , Xavier (2) , Providence (2) , Marquette (1)....besides @Creighton. We have 10 "quality" games left so would love to win them all but 5-5 will be good enough.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we avoid anymore "bad" loses, win some 50-50 games & hang in there until we get Bouk we'll be fine.

UConn is still ranked #27 in Kenpom & #25 in NET so we're a solid tourney team right now.

Losses we want to avoid are Georgetown, Butler & Johnnies rematches. We have many opportunities for good / ok wins...Seton Hall (2), Nova (2) , Xavier (2) , Providence (2) , Marquette (1)....besides @Creighton. We have 10 "quality" games left so would love to win them all but 5-5 will be good enough.
39 in NET. The 25 number wasn't updated yet. Can't afford another bad loss -- Most have us as a 8/9 seed right now

Reaction Score
39 in NET. The 25 number wasn't updated yet. Can't afford another bad loss -- Most have us as a 8/9 seed right now
Thanks for the update.

Agreed...let's hope the Johnnies pull off some more upsets so we have "space" for 1 more bad loss should it happen.

Reaction Score
I think the hard thing with any metrics this year, especially the NET, is the unbalance of how many games a team has played when comparing things. Uconn has now played 9 games. A team like Minnesota, who is currently 26th in the NET, has played 15. So they have more wins, but also more losses.

Nice thing going on our resume so far. 4-0 on road/neutral courts.

Also, in a year where a lot of teams didn't play anyone OOC because of cancellations or a soft schedule...that win against USC on a neutral court looks good. They are currently 11-2, and 5-1 in the PAC 12.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the hard thing with any metrics this year, especially the NET, is the unbalance of how many games a team has played when comparing things. Uconn has now played 9 games. A team like Minnesota, who is currently 26th in the NET, has played 15. So they have more wins, but also more losses.

Nice thing going on our resume so far. 4-0 on road/neutral courts.

Also, in a year where a lot of teams didn't play anyone OOC because of cancellations or a soft schedule...that win against USC on a neutral court looks good. They are currently 11-2, and 5-1 in the PAC 12.
Agreed, NET has always been a little wonky but especially so this year. Colgate is still somehow #22 as well.
In regards to USC, big week for them this week with 3 winnable road games. If they sweep they very well could be the ones to take our spot in the top 25 which is guess isn’t the worst thing in the world

Reaction Score
Did the Coaches Poll come out after the sheeting of the bed yesterday? SJU fans owe UConn. They can say they beat a ranked team thanks to us.

Reaction Score
Did the Coaches Poll come out after the sheeting of the bed yesterday? SJU fans owe UConn. They can say they beat a ranked team thanks to us.
I lost so much sleep last night, I'm embarrassed to say. Kept saying to myself "this loss is not only horrible for UConn, but awful for the Big East."

Reaction Score
We are far from a comfortable position right now.

And I have zero confidence the Selection Committee will be forgiving of Bouk's absence.

I don't know how many games we're going to end up playing, but we need to get to something like 14-7. A game or two over .500 isn't cutting it.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I was a lot more confident yesterday than I am today. It's hard to unsee St John's dominating us and Hurley letting Mike Anderson impose his will on him

Reaction Score
One thing that helps is we are in a great league. The American may be a 1-2 bid league this year. Same with the A-10. The smaller conferences aren't going to get more than 1 team in because of the lack of OOC games this year. This is not a normal year.

Reaction Score
People have short memories. In the old BE St. John’s used to beat us at various times, as did Nova before they were good.

Reaction Score
People have short memories. In the old BE St. John’s used to beat us at various times, as did Nova before they were good.
losing to any team in the BE w/o your best player is completely understandable. it just happened to Creighton against Butler. same difference. the fashion in which we lost is the irksome part.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I distinctly remember watching our to be national champs get crushed by SJ at MSG in 2011. One of the few games I had to leave early with time remaining in the game. Even Kemba couldn't keep this one close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom