New thread: Bands | The Boneyard

New thread: Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Who are the favorite local bands you grew up with among clubs?

Wildweeds
NRBQ
Jasper Wrath
Eight to the Bar

There are some others whose names I do not remember.

We have a local band that has been making noise around the country their name is The Click Clack Boom headed by a kid aI baptized. They have played at SxSW four 3 or 4 years. Here are a couple of links to some of their work on youTube.

Cut 1

Cut 2

Cut 3

Playing our local music festival

Reaction Score
Just LOVE Eight to the Bar...try to catch them live at least once a year.

Reaction Score
We used to get great entertainment at the NCO clubs in California while in the Air Force. Three come to mind immediately - Potential out of Los Angleles, The Counts out of Salinas, and A Taste of Honey also out of Los Angleles.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hazy Shade
Rage
Aristocrats
all from Norwalk

Reaction Score
The best local band I ever saw was from my days on the North Shore of Massachusetts. This group, out of Gloucester, was called the Megawatt Blues Crushers and did incredible blues and swing. Nothing they recorded ever captured the excitement of one of their live shows. They were around for about 15 years.

More recently, now that we've moved to Arizona, my wife and I decided to attend the Bisbee Blues Festival last fall, mostly to see Bisbee, which I'm pretty sure is one of the most eccentric towns anywhere. Anyway, there were four bands in the show, finishing up with Koko Montoya, not a bad headliner. Anyway, a local band was the leadoff, and we weren';t expecting much, but they blew us away. Dylan Charles and the Border Crossers. Dylan Charles, who at the time was the music teacher at Bisbee High School, is now on tour. Bluesy, rootsy, touches of scat and folk. He has an intersting website to explore, http://www.dylancharles.com/fr_home.cfm .

Enjoy !

Reaction Score
Fountainhead, Whiskey River Band, White River Monster (from Arkansas, but played at the Arcadia Ballroom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom