New school commitments by Transfers | Page 46 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
There was suspicion Texas has had a silent post commitment for months now, if I recall, so that tracks.

Longhorns traded Ebo and Lattimore for Jones and Faye. That’s an upgrade, no doubt. Anything can happen but Vic has played in the last five Elite Eights and I’d be surprised if it doesn’t become six with this roster he’s got going.
I kind of curious to see how Ebo does at ND. Yes, it gives them post presence, but we shall see. I expect Watson to start with Marshall and Ebo coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
T'yada Todd is shooting quite well for the Canadian U18 team (50% from 3 and 92% FTs).

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Guess we kind of bypassed this thread for actual transfer destinations. I'll add Shaylee Gonzales here, as well.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
No question what team won the transfer portal. Samantha Williams has changed the game.

Now that a couple of months have passed, perhaps it's time to revisit this discussion/debate . . .

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Now that a couple of months have passed, perhaps it's time to revisit this discussion/debate . . .
I see some teams did good in the transfer portal. We will see when the season starts.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think Taylor Jones is underrated and Shaylee was a borderline All American, so Texas deserves some consideration. I just think they lost a lot in the portal too.

Similarly, I really like what Maryland did. They brought in some vets that want to win big but then also snagged some top 60 freshman late in the game. It's just hard to say they won when they lost so much talent.

So if I had to choose, I probably would go with Tennessee or Indiana. I think Kelly Harper has turned the program around and this is the most talent she's had. They made the sweet 16 last year and they weren't ever healthy. Indiana lost some super seniors but they replaced them with really good perimeter shooters which I thought was exactly what they needed. So my top 5 portal rankings are:

1. Tennessee
2. Indiana
3. Texas
4. Virginia Tech
5. Arizona or Baylor

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Taylor Jones (under Vic's tutelage) is going to blossom. TJ is a shot blocking machine, and a great rebounder. Vic will get her "O" going, and this kid has HUGE upside.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Honestly I think Taylor Jones is underrated and Shaylee was a borderline All American, so Texas deserves some consideration. I just think they lost a lot in the portal too.

Similarly, I really like what Maryland did. They brought in some vets that want to win big but then also snagged some top 60 freshman late in the game. It's just hard to say they won when they lost so much talent.

So if I had to choose, I probably would go with Tennessee or Indiana. I think Kelly Harper has turned the program around and this is the most talent she's had. They made the sweet 16 last year and they weren't ever healthy. Indiana lost some super seniors but they replaced them with really good perimeter shooters which I thought was exactly what they needed. So my top 5 portal rankings are:

1. Tennessee
2. Indiana
3. Texas
4. Virginia Tech
5. Arizona or Baylor
Good points.

But, if we focus on who "won the portal", that would mean which new transfers are most likely to contribute this coming season. Could also mean which teams filled gaps for either starting positions, or depth.

For Tennessee, Hollingshead is depth. Jackson is a starter. Their transfer PG is a starter. Their transfer from Missouri State is not a projected starter, IMO.

For Texas, Shaylee Gonzales, Sonya Morris, and Taylor Jones are projected starters. Khadija Faye provides much needed depth at the Center position.

For Baylor, two instant transfer starters from Mizzou and Kentucky who can each average 15+ points a game. Don't expect their PG transfer from Stanford to be better than 2nd or 3rd on their PG/SG depth chart.

Reaction Score

1. Tennessee
2. Indiana
3. Texas
4. Virginia Tech
5. Arizona or Baylor

Definitely added perimeter shooters, however I'm curious as to how the forward/post position is going to work out. They've lost some scoring with Gaube graduating. Don't know enough about Geary other than the stats posted. Will she provide more scoring as a back up to Holmes? Browne is physical but she's not a scorer at that position.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I see some teams did good in the transfer portal. We will see when the season starts.
Well, 2.5 months ago you crowned Tennessee the transfer portal winner. But, now you want to wait until the season starts? Does that mean you are back-tracking on your previous coronation? :D

Reaction Score
Top 5 Underrated Portal teams. Teams that I think did really well but have kind of flown under the radar. Similar to Maryland, some of these teams lost a ton too. But because of their coaching and the additions they've made this off season I think they all will take a step forward which is kind of big time because most made the tournament last year.
1. Florida - kk deans and lelani Correa. I just think despite losing some players they've upgraded their talent.
2. Georgia - Took a lot of talent from UCF but then also added players like Audrey Warren. Talk about a gritty hard nosed team that's going to be ready to compete in the SEC.
3. USC- Koi Love went from averaging 20 at Vanderbilt to averaging 6 last year at AZ. I like Adia Barnes but never liked her offenses. Hopefully Love can find her game especially with the outside shooting threats on that team. Destiny Littleton can be a great vet for them. They also picked up a ton of other talented bigs.
4. Miami - they upset Louisville in the ACC tourney and atleast advanced in the tourney. Unless the Cavinder sisters really can't keep up physically in the ACC, I don't see how they don't make a jump.
5. USF - I just am a fan of Priscilla Williams.

Reaction Score
Top 5 Underrated Portal teams. Teams that I think did really well but have kind of flown under the radar. Similar to Maryland, some of these teams lost a ton too. But because of their coaching and the additions they've made this off season I think they all will take a step forward which is kind of big time because most made the tournament last year.
1. Florida - kk deans and lelani Correa. I just think despite losing some players they've upgraded their talent.
2. Georgia - Took a lot of talent from UCF but then also added players like Audrey Warren. Talk about a gritty hard nosed team that's going to be ready to compete in the SEC.
3. USC- Koi Love went from averaging 20 at Vanderbilt to averaging 6 last year at AZ. I like Adia Barnes but never liked her offenses. Hopefully Love can find her game especially with the outside shooting threats on that team. Destiny Littleton can be a great vet for them. They also picked up a ton of other talented bigs.
4. Miami - they upset Louisville in the ACC tourney and atleast advanced in the tourney. Unless the Cavinder sisters really can't keep up physically in the ACC, I don't see how they don't make a jump.
5. USF - I just am a fan of Priscilla Williams.

If memory serves correct Sissiko transferred to USC from Minnesota. Watched her play during the Globl Jam recently for France. She played well during the tournament. Looking forward to seeing how she plays with the team.

Reaction Score
This isn't directed towards any one team specific but I always laugh when people like to declare themselves the winners in recruiting/transfers these days in all sports. The only thing that matters is how well you do on the court/field. I can't tell you how many teams I see bring in top classes each year only to come up short on expectations.

This is on par about people bragging about pre season rankings.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
You want a banner too? :rolleyes:
You can be a real ass on this message board. We get that you feel inferior based on what UNC and NC State have been doing recently, but give it a rest with all the tiresome jabs.

Reaction Score
This isn't directed towards any one team specific but I always laugh when people like to declare themselves the winners in recruiting/transfers these days in all sports. The only thing that matters is how well you do on the court/field. I can't tell you how many teams I see bring in top classes each year only to come up short on expectations.

I feel the same way.

Reaction Score

When you got nothing but hope and distant laurels to hang your hat on, portal championships and recruiting wars are the utmost importance. If you happen to have a good season then you can say “I told you so” if you get out recruited then you say the other coaches cheated Blah blah blah. The days of actually winning before crowning yourself are over. Long live the portal championship and the queens of potential!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You can be a real ass on this message board. We get that you feel inferior based on what UNC and NC State have been doing recently, but give it a rest with all the tiresome jabs.
Seriously? I found the comment a bit bemusing and if anything, I find THIS POST of yours very aggressive. My own view is neither you nor @stwainfan have strong case to tout your teams as national title contenders.I just don’t think all those pieces can mesh in less than a year and still think the Longhorns will have issues in offense and the LVs will still turn the ball over quire a bit.

Learn to take a joke and take some ribbing with some decorum, This is a family friendly site. :D

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Seriously? I found the comment a bit bemusing and if anything, I find THIS POST of yours very aggressive. My own view is neither you nor @stwainfan have strong case to tout your teams as national title contenders.I just don’t think all those pieces can mesh in less than a year and still think the Longhorns will have issues in offense and the LVs will still turn the ball over quire a bit.

Learn to take a joke and take some ribbing with some decorum, This is a family friendly site. :D
Take it as you want. If you are reading it as aggressive, that's your prerogative. If I didn't find the "banner" comment as funny or a joke, that's my prerogative. If a poster chooses to quote me, I have the choice to reply to them. Right? If you don't want me to reply to you, don't quote me. Maybe you should lecture that poster, as well.

Did I ever tout my team as a national title contender? Was I the one in April claiming to have won the transfer portal? So, now you're really reaching and accusing me of things I never stated. I know I posted recently that IF we make it to the Final Four in Dallas, we'd have a strong homecourt advantage. Is that the definition of "tout" in your book?

Reaction Score

It is funny but I get it. People are excited and it has been a long summer.

Reaction Score
No question what team won the transfer portal. Samantha Williams has changed the game.
I take it this is new because...never heard of it before even though the transfer portal isn't new. Samantha certainly improved the TN roster, but the game isn't changed until the games are played. Most teams didn't need to try and get this many new players so, there's that too. From my perspective, TN's issues haven't been strictly about lack of talent. They lost some head scratchers last year. Rickea is the best pickup, but. she doesn't have a ton (if any?) NCAA tournament experience. TN needs a new offensive identity. Throwing up shots and hoping you get the rebound isn't a long-term solution. Chemistry will be their biggest challenge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom