New school commitments by Transfers | Page 47 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
It is funny but I get it. People are excited and it has been a long summer.
Tbh I like the excitement and discussion. It sortve reminds me of NBA free agency or even Summer League (when I used to care about the NBA). If I was a Texas fan or alum I would be excited. It gives fans something to talk about during the summer. And I think the newness of the transfer portal also potentially brings new possibilities. Like Angel Reese may change conferences and take a team to the final four. Idk if we've ever really seen that, and it's kinda exciting. But I hear the, let's just wait til the games crowd .

Reaction Score
I take it this is new because...never heard of it before even though the transfer portal isn't new. Samantha certainly improved the TN roster, but the game isn't changed until the games are played. Most teams didn't need to try and get this many new players so, there's that too. From my perspective, TN's issues haven't been strictly about lack of talent. They lost some head scratchers last year. Rickea is the best pickup, but. she doesn't have a ton (if any?) NCAA tournament experience. TN needs a new offensive identity. Throwing up shots and hoping you get the rebound isn't a long-term solution. Chemistry will be their biggest challenge.
Total y’all they won’t be able to run an efficient offense.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I take it this is new because...never heard of it before even though the transfer portal isn't new. Samantha certainly improved the TN roster, but the game isn't changed until the games are played. Most teams didn't need to try and get this many new players so, there's that too. From my perspective, TN's issues haven't been strictly about lack of talent. They lost some head scratchers last year. Rickea is the best pickup, but. she doesn't have a ton (if any?) NCAA tournament experience. TN needs a new offensive identity. Throwing up shots and hoping you get the rebound isn't a long-term solution. Chemistry will be their biggest challenge.
One thing about this year's team. Is added post depth. Something missing last year after the Green injury. Hollingshed I think can be a real good player. Yes we will see how the team looks when games are played. No Rickea hasn't played in a NCAA tournament game yet. Of course one year there was no tournament.

Reaction Score
One thing about this year's team. Is added post depth. Something missing last year after the Green injury. Hollingshed I think can be a real good player. Yes we will see how the team looks when games are played. No Rickea hasn't played in a NCAA tournament game yet. Of course one year there was no tournament.
Stwain, it looks like a lot of nervous folks here....They'll learn the hard way...LOL

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You can be a real ass on this message board. We get that you feel inferior based on what UNC and NC State have been doing recently, but give it a rest with all the tiresome jabs.

woah.gif

Feel inferior because Duke finishes 3rd in the Triangle for the first time in 25 years? Not sure why I would feel inferior a I've thrown "jabs" when Duke was the top dog in the ACC... through the McCallie era, and now with Lawson at the helm. Thrown "jabs" at Duke, at myself, as well as other schools. Playful & good natured (in my opinion), never rarely mean spirited. At least now I know who I can joke with, and who I need to tread lightly around.

Reaction Score
View attachment 77621

Feel inferior because Duke finishes 3rd in the Triangle for the first time in 25 years? Not sure why I would feel inferior a I've thrown "jabs" when Duke was the top dog in the ACC... through the McCallie era, and now with Lawson at the helm. Thrown "jabs" at Duke, at myself, as well as other schools. Playful & good natured (in my opinion), never rarely mean spirited. At least now I know who I can joke with, and who I need to tread lightly around.
Triad, I love your sense of humor!!!

Reaction Score
@TCC Kid ."can't see Caroline Ducharme heading for the door" That's a pretty straightforward statement, is it not? I merely noted that her sister is in the portal out of Brown, Period. I'm glad you treasure Caroline. May her health hold up and play to the fullest of her abilities.
No argument from me. If I came across that way, my apology. I think ( I never really know) I was trying to make clear--I was not inferring, assuming, Caroline would ever leave. I think that is my prayer for the day. Thanks for the feedback.
Dillon, (could be Dillion, of Naugatuck fame, spelling wasn't really important a century ago and my spelling today is always suspect)--
I would hope, if the talent is there, SIS gets a shot at Uconn.

Reaction Score
I think Brenda has the same effect as Bill Parcells. He talks a good game, sells the program, gets players to play really hard, then begins to grate on them to the point they need a change.
I dare say, I don't play for her, yet the grating I feel. I often like the MD team, some really good players and they are usually tough. More often than not, I have a hard time viewing Brenda on the side line. Of course Mulkey, except for her attire, brushed me the same way.

Reaction Score

Aliyah Matharu (Texas) to Florida

I like this move for florida , but if Matharu had any shot of being drafted or a training camp roster spot in the W she just blew that by the way side. Florida had a good squad last season but i dont see them making that much noise this year tbh . She wont get the coverage and media hype as she would at Texas but i guess playing behind Rori and Moore were too much for her.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I like this move for florida , but if Matharu had any shot of being drafted or a training camp roster spot in the W she just blew that by the way side. Florida had a good squad last season but i dont see them making that much noise this year tbh . She wont get the coverage and media hype as she would at Texas but i guess playing behind Rori and Moore were too much for her.
I thought she'd be ahead of Morris on the depth chart at UT but she'll get a lot of scoring opportunity at Florida. I dont see her as a WNBA prospect being an undersized foul prone shooting guard but she is a lot of fun to watch and can absolutely torch teams when she gets hot.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

I know they won't sneak up on people this year, but I think they will be pretty good actually. They did lose Kiki Smith, but they have added KK Deans from WVU (14.5 ppg 21-22 season), Ra Shaya Kyle a 6-6 center from Purdue who was averaging 11 pts and 6 rebounds a game prior to her injury and St Johns Leilani Correa who was a 17.5 ppg scorer. They will still have Jordyn Merrit and Zippy Broughton. I don't know about immediate eligibility and all of that, but they will be a team to keep an eye on this season.

Reaction Score
I sense trouble with this. She didn't say "100%" committed.
She has alway been 100% committed, that is just the way she plays the game. Major problem for her is she is so streaky, when she is on she is great but she tends to tighten up when the shots don’t fall. However, IMO, great pickup for Florida!

Reaction Score
She has alway been 100% committed, that is just the way she plays the game. Major problem for her is she is so streaky, when she is on she is great but she tends to tighten up when the shots don’t fall. However, IMO, great pickup for Florida!
I think you're missing the joke on the phrasing ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom