New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 26 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She was reportedly receiving $700k collective offers mid-season, and her stock only rose during the tournament after the 41-point ISU game. I'd be shocked if U$C didn't offer her at least that.

Perhaps I misunderstood what was stated, but I thought shortly before/after Tara resigned and the rumors started about Iriafen considering transferring because some schools were throwing out NIL numbers in the $700-800k range.

EDIT: see you explained it in another reply.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Why would she? Would it make you happy if she took a look at Dook and decided "nah"?

No. Only one scholarship available. I don't want anyone who isnt at leaat 6'4, a proven interior scorer, rebounder, and can provide at least some rim protection. Chen isn't that.

Reaction Score
I'd put Texas or UCONN over Southern Cal at this juncture, even if they land von Oelhoffen. USC feels a little like LSU this year, adding in a lot of pieces but developing chemistry is far from a given. And most importantly, being good on paper doesn't always translate, especially when trying to gel a lot of talent together. I think USC will be quite good and has potential but I'd put a well built Geno of Vic team ahead of them. Regardless though, it's a MASSIVE get for USC. Making the Final Four should absolutely be a goal/expectation this year.
One thing that helps USC is that there is a clear top dog. Teams tend to have more problems when there’s a lot of new talented people and no established leader. (Eg UConn 98-99)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
So how are terp fans feeling. I think they've been almost underrated the past couple years in terms of their portal acquisitions. Anyways is this lineup top 3 in Big Ten

Shyanne Sellers
Bri McDaniels
Kaylene Smikle
Saylor Poffenberger
Amari Deberry
If Frese can figure out Deberry and Poffenbarger improves her efficiency they have potential to be quite good. A lot of “ifs” though. I think they’re more in the 4-8 range though after UCLA/USC/Ohio State.

Reaction Score
I'd put Texas or UCONN over Southern Cal at this juncture, even if they land von Oelhoffen. USC feels a little like LSU this year, adding in a lot of pieces but developing chemistry is far from a given. And most importantly, being good on paper doesn't always translate, especially when trying to gel a lot of talent together. I think USC will be quite good and has potential but I'd put a well built Geno of Vic team ahead of them. Regardless though, it's a MASSIVE get for USC. Making the Final Four should absolutely be a goal/expectation this year.
Iriafen Is a lot better than Morrow or Van Lith.

Reaction Score
So how are terp fans feeling. I think they've been almost underrated the past couple years in terms of their portal acquisitions. Anyways is this lineup top 3 in Big Ten

Shyanne Sellers
Bri McDaniels
Kaylene Smikle
Saylor Poffenberger
Amari Deberry
Not Top 3, but potential to be the 4th best team who might challenge OSU for #3. Chemistry is the key word.

Kubek & the other 2 transfers (Te-Biasu and Toure) figure to play important roles too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom