New roadway & parking lot to be ready for 2016 at PAWSARF | The Boneyard

New roadway & parking lot to be ready for 2016 at PAWSARF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks to @ct06111 for posting on the CR board.

>>Rentschler Field
- New Roadwork and Parking Lot - CRDA is working with UTC’s developer on construction of a new roadway that will service both the Stadium and the proposed outlet mall at Rentschler Field. $7 million in State bond funds secured by OPM are being utilized for the project.
- The Bond Commission has also approved $775,000 for construction of a new parking lot on 10 acres recently acquired by the State as part of the Pratt & Whitney naming rights deal. The lot, which will provide an additional 1,000 parking spaces, should be completed in time for the 2016 football season.

http://www.crdact.net/data/Unsorted/2-18-2016-ApprovedBoardMinutes-73476-1.pdf

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If my memory is functioning, $77.5k/acre of parking is a pretty good deal. I know there's a standard cost per parking spot; when you multiply that number out to spaces per acre, I think $77k is a good number.

Reaction Score
I know this NOT what we want to hear, but I think the parking space amount will be roughly the same… not sure though. I mean we would need WAY more than 1,000 spaces if they were going to expand rent.
If you look at the Jan minutes, you'll see this:
http://www.crdact.net/data/Unsorted/1-14-2016-ApprovedBoardMinutes-73404-1.pdf

Pratt & Whitney Stadium

· CRDA is requesting $800k from the State Bond Commission for the authorized clearing of a 10-acre wooded parcel acquired as part of the UTC/Pratt naming rights deal. Such area is needed as the lots previously leased from UTC for overflow parking are being torn up as part of the outlet mall construction at Rentschler Field.

Looking at the CT bonding website, you'll see this
http://www.ct.gov/opm/lib/opm/Minutes_Jan29_2016.pdf
REQUEST PROJECT
BOND FUND
ACCOUNT AMOUNT
17161 $775,000
$775,000
page6image12168

Capital Region Development Authority
For the purpose of financing the creation of additional parking to replace previously leased parking at Rentschler Field in East Hartford

I couldn't find the 7 million by the OPM for the roadway

Reaction Score
Posted the following on the CR board as well: How's this "new road into the stadium" different from original plans for what was initially called a flyway from I-84 to the Rent? Or, is it one and the same just delayed and now with possible muni bond financing? Either way, who cares if in any remote way it helps rescue our Huskies from the current island and onward and upward to a better conference?

Reaction Score
Reading that doc says The Rent had 70 event days and total attendance of only 146,500. How is that possible? If I take away 90,000 as a very conservative number for 6 UCONN football games (I was too lazy to look it up), that makes it 64 event days with average attendance of 883 people per event day. You don't even open the gates for a number anywhere near that.

Just seems weird. Am I missing something? (Or maybe the math comes from the same people who calculate state taxes?)

Reaction Score
Cannnn we save this money for the stadium expansion piggy bank? Access to the Rent is really not much of an issue considering there are already nearly direct routes in off 84 and 2.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cannnn we save this money for the stadium expansion piggy bank? Access to the Rent is really not much of an issue considering there are already nearly direct routes in off 84 and 2.

Can they? Probably. Should they? No. Even if you account for the existing expansion groundwork already built in to the Rent, $775k won't get you very far.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
They've been gradually moving stadium parking off the UTC development site for years. This is just the latest iteration based on the ever hopeful and ever changing development plan.

For the casual fan, this is too much inside baseball. No need to pay it any mind unless it isn't done before Game 1.

Reaction Score
Reading that doc says The Rent had 70 event days and total attendance of only 146,500. How is that possible? If I take away 90,000 as a very conservative number for 6 UCONN football games (I was too lazy to look it up), that makes it 64 event days with average attendance of 883 people per event day. You don't even open the gates for a number anywhere near that.

Just seems weird. Am I missing something? (Or maybe the math comes from the same people who calculate state taxes?)
My company frequently uses the club seating area for our market meetings. There are probably 300 people there max at these events and I am sure they count.

Reaction Score
It looks like parking is going up to $20/game this year. Uconn is advertising season parking at $110 as a $30 discount over gameday parking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom