New Recruiting Strategic Paradigm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Recruiting Strategic Paradigm

Reaction Score
...why doesnt anyone answer if:
the school is so great
the facilities are so great currently really good
the american is so great the best non-P5 league

the program cant recruit an fbs a more highly ranked class compared to those in our league?

Yes, Whaler is a curmudgeon, but these are great questions. I still hold out hope the Edsall recruits can be coached up. However, last year my confidence in this took a serious hit. This upcoming year is one that will likely answer some of these questions in my mind. We have to see some light at the end of the tunnel by the of November.

Reaction Score
If WVU can put together respectable football teams, so can UConn.

West Virginia is a small population state with an athlete poor environment. And have one of the lowest populations of black athletes of all the states.

They scour far and wide for over looked 3 star kids...their current class is ranked #56..and they have commits from Az, FL, VA, MS, NV, PA, MD, GA, OH, and NC.

They have been bringing in JUCO fill ins and have been successful in luring transfer QB's (Will Grier from Florida last year...and Kendall from Oklahoma this year).

Bless your heart.

WVU and UConn are an exact comparative if you overlook the whole tradition of winning and having a state that is rabid about the Mountaineers.

UConn should be able to field competitive teams, but to say that UConn should be able to have the same recruiting success as WVU by using the same method is delusional.

I'm sure the staff is scouring JUCO's and HS all over the country - it's FBS football that's comes with the territory, successfully selling and closing kids is another story all together.

Reaction Score
The athletic department is hemorrhageing money. UCONN FB needs to spend money wisely. Here is what I would do if I was AD:

1. Do everything I can to get more $$$ for assistant coach salary. The fact HCRE had to take money out of his own pocket to pay for an increase for Dunn was noble, but embarrassing. Spend that $$$ on coaches that have ties to recruiting hotbeds and can recruit. This is ten times more important than hiring a good X’s and O’s position coach. Hire guys that can bring in the best talent.
2. Map out a concrete plan on recruiting expenditures and territory. We should focus on fertile recruiting ground within proximity - Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio. Continue to build relationships with Connecticut programs and other New England programs.

C

Chief00

The recruiting strategy is definitely moving to the Southern footprint of the AAC. FL, TX, Carolina’s m. and GA. Add GA, DMV and PA for a few players. We picked up some CT kids early but it seems like to be competitive in this underrated FB conference - we have made a decision to shop down South.

Reaction Score
Bless your heart.

WVU and UConn are an exact comparative if you overlook the whole tradition of winning and having a state that is rabid about the Mountaineers.

UConn should be able to field competitive teams, but to say that UConn should be able to have the same recruiting success as WVU by using the same method is delusional.

I'm sure the staff is scouring JUCO's and HS all over the country - it's FBS football that's comes with the territory, successfully selling and closing kids is another story all together.

I don't expect UConn to equal WVU.....that is a bridge too far....I do expect UConn to emulate WVU's strategies.

WVU has decades more "football culture" inculcated, UConn is a basketball first school.

But that doesn't mean that the Huskies are condemned to wallow at the bottom of the AAC. WVU will not be a conference champion in the Big 12...but they can come in a respectable third place.

Energized coaches, following a doable recruiting plan, and with the right athlete mix, could put the Huskies in the upper part of the conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom