New Ranking List. Top Transfers. Dorka #3 | The Boneyard

New Ranking List. Top Transfers. Dorka #3

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
2021-22 women's college basketball transfer rankings (espn.com)

i

3. Dorka Juhasz, UConn Huskies, F, gr.​

Previous school: Ohio State Buckeyes,
2020-21 stats: 14.6 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 1.1 APG

An already loaded rotation got upgraded even further with Juhasz moving from Columbus to Storrs. At 6-5, she brings a defensive presence and physicality that some of the last few Huskies' teams have lacked, and she also has the ability to stretch the defense with her shooting range. -- Creme

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score

9. Sasha Goforth, Arkansas Razorbacks, G, so.​

Previous school: Oregon State Beavers
2020-21 stats: 11.6 PPG, 83.6RPG, 1.7 APG

Despite looking like a future Pac-12 star and the next great Oregon State wing, the 2019 Arkansas Gatorade Player of the Year and Fayetteville native wanted to play closer to home. Goforth could be a centerpiece for Mike Neighbors' up-tempo offense for the next three years. -- Creme

Isn't this some kind of NCAA rebounding record??????? We better play Paige and 4 of our bigs just to hope we can get a rebound.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Remembered Emily Engstler from the 2nd round game against Syracuse.
She played like she meant it. Seemed to be perpetually angry. Wouldn't want to meet her in a LIGHT alley. LOL
Now she'll be with Louisville. In a better environment, she should shine.
Darn it!!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

9. Sasha Goforth, Arkansas Razorbacks, G, so.​

Previous school: Oregon State Beavers
2020-21 stats: 11.6 PPG, 83.6RPG, 1.7 APG

Despite looking like a future Pac-12 star and the next great Oregon State wing, the 2019 Arkansas Gatorade Player of the Year and Fayetteville native wanted to play closer to home. Goforth could be a centerpiece for Mike Neighbors' up-tempo offense for the next three years. -- Creme

Isn't this some kind of NCAA rebounding record??????? We better play Paige and 4 of our bigs just to hope we can get a rebound.:rolleyes:
It’s a miracle.

‘And the Lord sayeth Goforth and rebound
…’

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just a few notable omissions from this list IMO not just because of the ability but because of where the players have landed and the coaches.

Madison Hayes at NC State formerly at MSU. She was all SEC freshman team with an intriguing set of tools and size for Wes Moore to utilize as he's done for his current crop of guards.

Gusters from Baylor to LSU. There is no one on the LSU roster to keep Gusters from getting 30+ minutes per game and putting up good numbers. Mulkey is a good enough coach to develop Gusters who has 4 years of eligibility remaining.

Latasha Lattimore originally a Syracuse commit is now at Texas. Although she fancy herself a perimeter player Vic is a good enough coach to redefine her reality. Latttimore, Aaliyah Moore and PG Rori Harmon are good cfoundation pieces for Vic to build on.

Reaction Score
I forgot about those transfer guards Baylor has coming in! Those two combined with Nalyssa Smith will make sure the Bears don’t fall too far this season.

Reaction Score
I don't know about anyone else, but having seen both Juhasz and Cardosa play, I would much rather have Juhasz. More range, and more of a banger. The advantage of Cardosa is that she's only a sophomore, but it looks like Dorka will stay 2 years (fingers crossed). Go Huskies!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am not sure how ESPN came up with the ranking-I assumed it meant impact to the receiving team. The list is pretty good but I would definitely argue with some of the rankings. To me, there is a difference in adding a player like Cardoso to an already strong team and putting them firmly in the conversation of NCAA Title contender vs. say Anastasia Hayes who will make MSU better but not by that much. Taylor Mikesell at #12 is a bit of a stretch. She was marginalized at Maryland when Owusu arrived and was a complete non-factor for the Ducks last year. So she's at OSU this year who might finish 5th in the Big Ten...Color me skeptical on any of these mid-major transfers to a P5 as I just don't see them really improving that receiving school-Dye, Thomas and Petree all are anything but a guess. The only one I would agree with is Angel Baker at Ole Miss now. As Coco stated, Hayes and Gusters will prominently figure more in their new programs than a few on this current list.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't know about anyone else, but having seen both Juhasz and Cardosa play, I would much rather have Juhasz. More range, and more of a banger. The advantage of Cardosa is that she's only a sophomore, but it looks like Dorka will stay 2 years (fingers crossed). Go Huskies!
I would rather have Cardosa at UCONN for much more parochial reasons:
1) She would not be at SC Carolina if she were at UCONN
2) UCONN is bringing some very capable long range shooters and would likely not be relying on Dorka to stretch the defense
3) ONO and Aaliyah are better equipped to play the PF position while Cardosa is a true post presence
BTW Cardosa is WNBA eligible spring 2023 meaning her and Dorka could be in the same WNBA draft class and also meaning that the time spent at UCONN was potentially the same.

Reaction Score
The big question is, does Dawn raise another banner for getting the top transfer?

Reaction Score
Remembered Emily Engstler from the 2nd round game against Syracuse.
She played like she meant it. Seemed to be perpetually angry. Wouldn't want to meet her in a LIGHT alley. LOL
Now she'll be with Louisville. In a better environment, she should shine.
Darn it!!
She is definitely going to help the Ville. She will help offset the loss of Evans because I don't think Van lith can carry the team the way Evans did. The only problem is will Van Lith pass her the ball.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While we’ve had some spirited discussions here on the BY about PT and who starts relative to Liv and Dorka, I am absolutely intrigued by how Dawn manages, or fails to manage, the PT of all her Bigs. She can’t really play Boston, Cardoso & Amihere at the same time, and probably not Saxton either against teams that can spread the floor and shoot it, i.e. UConn.

Her 3 Bigs are all essentially low post bangers who operate best in the paint. In UConn’s case, Dorka can be effective on the perimeter, particularly if she regains her sophomore shooting stroke, and Liv has been reasonably effective as a facilitator from the high post.

I have the feeling that one or more SC Bigs will not be pleased with how their PT shakes out this coming season.

Reaction Score
Surprised that Chelsie Hall (Vanderbilt to Louisville) didn't get at least a mention.

Word on the street here in Louisville is that she will be the starting PG (with Engstler starting at the 3/4). We'll learn a little more Thursday night.

As regards the comment about Hailey Van Lith passing the ball - I don't think we'll need to worry about that. She had 63 assists last season on a team where Evans dominated the ball, and she didn't look the least bit selfish. I expect that to continue this season.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
the team needed backbone to go further than last season. inject Dorka into the issue, add Aalyiah along with Nika, problem solved.
i'm quite confident that at the end of the season, her transfer impact status will rise to numero uno.

Reaction Score
Surprised that Chelsie Hall (Vanderbilt to Louisville) didn't get at least a mention.

Word on the street here in Louisville is that she will be the starting PG (with Engstler starting at the 3/4). We'll learn a little more Thursday night.

As regards the comment about Hailey Van Lith passing the ball - I don't think we'll need to worry about that. She had 63 assists last season on a team where Evans dominated the ball, and she didn't look the least bit selfish. I expect that to continue this season.
Agreed, I was really impressed with Hailey Van Lith last season. She seems like a player primed to make a big jump this season, assuming she can handle being a focal point of opponents defenses.

Engstler really impressed me in the HS AA games, and she has the ability to facilitate as a post. I would expect her to be a big impact player for Louisville, and a much better system fit for her than at Syracuse. She can shoot, rebound, and pass well which will all be very valuable.

I'm excited for our matchup with the Cardinal, because they have a lot of promising pieces who will make it a very fun game to watch. Cochran vs. Edwards especially.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom