New Providence- a short film on Amazon Prime | The Boneyard

New Providence- a short film on Amazon Prime

Reaction Score
I recommend a little movie on Amazon called "New Providence" about an almost century old tradition in Iowa of 6 on 6 girl's basketball.
Interesting game: 3 play offense and 3 play defense for each team at one time. The 3 for each team not engaged wait at half court for a change of possession. Offensive players are only allowed 2 dribbles before either shooting or passing. The game has a quick tempo. The ball is literally rushed to half court for change of possession, even by the officials. Scores were in the 90's routinely.\[
The story depicts the last season that the sport was played, 1994. Mothers, daughters, grandmothers played this game and it was a vital part of the community in small town Iowa.
I'm really curious whether any of the Iowa or Iowa State players have any history in this game. Without much dribbling, the offensive play involves much cutting, shooting, and savvy maneuvering around the bucket.
Check it out! Thoughts from anyone.

Reaction Score
That sounds awful.
That's what the reporter said when he got there. He changed his tune by the end.
If you like women's basketball, this is a look into a bit of the history/heritage of basketball for women.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I recommend a little movie on Amazon called "New Providence" about an almost century old tradition in Iowa of 6 on 6 girl's basketball.
Interesting game: 3 play offense and 3 play defense for each team at one time. The 3 for each team not engaged wait at half court for a change of possession. Offensive players are only allowed 2 dribbles before either shooting or passing. The game has a quick tempo. The ball is literally rushed to half court for change of possession, even by the officials. Scores were in the 90's routinely.\[
The story depicts the last season that the sport was played, 1994. Mothers, daughters, grandmothers played this game and it was a vital part of the community in small town Iowa.
I'm really curious whether any of the Iowa or Iowa State players have any history in this game. Without much dribbling, the offensive play involves much cutting, shooting, and savvy maneuvering around the bucket.
Check it out! Thoughts from anyone.
a+

Reaction Score
That's what the reporter said when he got there. He changed his tune by the end.
If you like women's basketball, this is a look into a bit of the history/heritage of basketball for women.
I hate women's basketball. Mainly because it's a subpar version of the male sport. Not sure of the allure that this weirdo version of it that would ever change that and I'm not going to watch this documentary in a gajillion years.

Reaction Score
I hate women's basketball. Mainly because it's a subpar version of the male sport. Not sure of the allure that this weirdo version of it that would ever change that and I'm not going to watch this documentary in a gajillion years.
Assuming you are not a complete woman hater, it is interesting to learn about a generational sport that women played over about a 100 year span. It's not a documentary.

Reaction Score
Assuming you are not a complete woman hater, it is interesting to learn about a generational sport that women played over about a 100 year span. It's not a documentary.
Oh, I’m not a woman hater. I just think women’s basketball is super boring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom