New Podcast: Rod Sellers | The Boneyard

New Podcast: Rod Sellers

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Got some time with Rod Sellers. Dropping the video interview here... if you just want the audio version it'll be on all your podcast players tomorrow AM -- Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast. Was a really fun interview. Coach Calhoun, Dream Season, Christian Laettner, and his thoughts on Hurley and the current state of UConn.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Jared’s the gold standard for exciting guests.

Joseph says, he wants to interview you sometime, Jared. He’s almost ready for a solo show. I’d like him to turn 10 first.

Reaction Score
Jared’s the gold standard for exciting guests.

Joseph says, he wants to interview you sometime, Jared. He’s almost ready for a solo show. I’d like him to turn 10 first.
Haha any time! I’d be honored!

Reaction Score
I always liked Rod and really enjoyed that. The Laettner and the Tate Shot stories were especially awesome. The inside story of memorable things that happened in the past is always fun. I don't usually listen to these things for that long but listened to the whole thing. Thank you!

Reaction Score
I always liked Rod and really enjoyed that. The Laettner and the Tate Shot stories were especially awesome. The inside story of memorable things that happened in the past is always fun. I don't usually listen to these things for that long but listened to the whole thing. Thank you!

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed. Had a ton of fun talking about those stories with Rod.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Have you ever tried to reach out to The Dove (not the BYer although he might be interesting too) for an interview? I'd love to hear his thoughts on Huskymania coming in as a relative unknown and helping to take the team to the next level.

Reaction Score
Have you ever tried to reach out to The Dove (not the BYer although he might be interesting too) for an interview? I'd love to hear his thoughts on Huskymania coming in as a relative unknown and helping to take the team to the next level.
You're probably talking about Henefeld, which is cool, but I want to put my vote in for an interview with the also legendary Jonathan Mandeldove!

Reaction Score
You're probably talking about Henefeld, which is cool, but I want to put my vote in for an interview with the also legendary Jonathan Mandeldove!

I'll try to get both! If you all have any other guest suggestions let me know and I'll get on it and try my best.

Reaction Score
The 90 dream season was coincidentally the first season my father and I followed the team. My bedtime was early back then so I did not get to watch that Clemson game, but I distinctly remember waking up to my dad’s screams only to catch the replays of the shot and the post game stuff. And I’ll always look at Rod’s elbow as an extension of my own.

btw, Rod has to sell his diet and exercise regimen. He looks 20 years younger than his true age.

Reaction Score
THANK YOU for doing this! Was a student at UConn back during the Rod Sellers/Smitty/Nadav time and freaking great memories with games at the field house, moving to Gampel, winning the Big East for the first time and going through the Dream Season. So awesome hearing Rod talk about it. Nice work!

Reaction Score
Go

Got you covered with Chris Smith! Did this one about 2 weeks ago.

Jared. Props to you. You are getting high quality interviewees who have had a significant historical value to the Program. Your interviewing style and pace is conducive to gathering really interesting information from them as they become comfortable with you during the interview. You obviously have done your pre-interview "homework" and ask some questions we would all want to hear answers to from that particular person.

Keep doing your thing. Enjoying your contributions to the BY.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom