NEW PODCAST! Had Chris Smith on this week. | The Boneyard

NEW PODCAST! Had Chris Smith on this week.

Reaction Score
Chris Smith is awesome, Cuse aside. What a freaking UConn legend and down to earth dude! Awesome pod!

Reaction Score
Smitty was a transformational recruit and player for Calhoun/UConn.. When he had the ball in his hands and took guys off the dribble.. He was money.. Think of Kemba but smoother.

Billy Packer was always on his case for carrying the ball. Was hilarious.

Great job Rob for getting him on the pod.. One of UConn's best

Chris is also an excellent ambassador for the UConn brand

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chris Smith is awesome, Cuse aside. What a freaking UConn legend and down to earth dude! Awesome pod!
I never did more than exchange a few messages with him. Very first conversation, he has a vibe that makes you feel like you've known him forever. And he's a legend! It's awesome when folks like that live up to what you hope they are as people.

Reaction Score
Smitty was a transformational recruit and player for Calhoun/UConn.. When he had the ball in his hands and took guys off the dribble.. He was money.. Think of Kemba but smoother.

Billy Packer was always on his case for carrying the ball. Was hilarious.

Great job Rob for getting him on the pod.. One of UConn's best

Chris is also an excellent ambassador for the UConn brand
Billy Packer ... there's a name I'm glad I haven't heard for years.

Reaction Score
Billy Packer ... there's a name I'm glad I haven't heard for years.
Actually except for being an ACC Homer he could break down a basketball game as good as anyone and better than most of the entertainers that pose as analysts.
His droll demeanor and lack of charisma were unusual at that level of entertainment, but he certainly knew the game and I respect that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Great scorer and shooter (40% career 3pt). watching his highlights he had more bounce than I remembered. Flushed more than enough dunks for a 6'2" guard. Great elevation on his J which worked especially good to get separation on his jump stop mid range game. Could get anywhere on the court he wanted to go with the ball in his hands.

There's another thread going around about what if Bouk was on this year's team. How about having Smitty as the primary ball handler and another shooter for this year's team?

Almost borderline underrated that he's rarely mentioned in Tyler Phommachanh 5 Huskies of all-time.

Reaction Score
Great interview, Rob. Makes me want to go back and watch the '90 Duke game...except for the last 15 seconds or so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom