New Minor League Basketball Team: Hartford Shockers | The Boneyard

New Minor League Basketball Team: Hartford Shockers

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Not sure if you heard/saw the news, but a new East Coast Basketball League team will be playing in Hartford this year. Donovin Ford-Hayes, owner of the Hartford Shockers, joined the latest CT Scoreboard Pod to break down the league, decision to move to Hartford, and what fans can expect out of the league. Always great to have more basketball in the area!

Reaction Score
star trek facebook gif GIF

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How is this possible in 2021?

I had a great spoof thread earlier this year on renaming the Cleveland Indians and suggested the Cleveland Steamers.

I guess it's Hartford's rich history in electrical power theory, development and industry.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The real question is UConn going to need to subsidize them? If this means more games in Storrs, it's a good thing, from a financial standpoint, at least.

(FWIW, I get the sense that Dave realizes that part of the reason the athletic department is in the red is because it subsidizes the the CDRA. I think we are going to get more games in Storrs unless the CDRA revamps our lease agreement.)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
(FWIW, I get the sense that Dave realizes that part of the reason the athletic department is in the red is because it subsidizes the the CDRA. I think we are going to get more games in Storrs unless the CDRA revamps our lease agreement.)

Gee - how many years later? He's a quick learner.................................................

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Not sure if you heard/saw the news, but a new East Coast Basketball League team will be playing in Hartford this year. Donovin Ford-Hayes, owner of the Hartford Shockers, joined the latest CT Scoreboard Pod to break down the league, decision to move to Hartford, and what fans can expect out of the league. Always great to have more basketball in the area!

Terrible name but ok it's basketball.

Reaction Score
How is this possible in 2021?

I had a great spoof thread earlier this year on renaming the Cleveland Indians and suggested the Cleveland Steamers.

I guess it's Hartford's rich history in electrical power theory, development and industry.
after looking through their instagram, It appears they were named the Shockers before their move to Hartford

Reaction Score
The Shockers will be playing out of the East Catholic High School Gym, according to their Instagram page, where they appear to be releasing most of their news. Seems like their pitch to get some kind of fan engagement is to get the students at the school to go to their games and follow the team, along with basketball fans living in and around Manchester.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Favorite dad electrical joke:

People are shocked when they find out I'm a bad electrician.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom