New! Just released pod with Coach Mora | The Boneyard

New! Just released pod with Coach Mora

Reaction Score
An interesting point is him talking about there being major realignment in college football in the next year and being positioned to get into the best conference possible. I wonder if it's a very general comment or there are some serious things going on behind closed doors.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
An interesting point is him talking about there being major realignment in college football in the next year and being positioned to get into the best conference possible. I wonder if it's a very general comment or there are some serious things going on behind closed doors.
I would love to hear more on that @gwhuskyfan maybe you can get AD Dave back on and pick his brain lol.

If there’s anything going on behind the scenes I hope it’s talks with a P5 and not a MAC or Conf USA affiliate.

Reaction Score
I would love to hear more on that @gwhuskyfan maybe you can get AD Dave back on and pick his brain lol.

If there’s anything going on behind the scenes I hope it’s talks with a P5 and not a MAC or Conf USA affiliate.
From following realignment very closely, my guess is that the most realistic scenario for UConn would be to backfill to the ACC if teams like UVA and UNC get poached by the BIG10. However, maybe UConn gets added to the BIG10 with other teams if they add 4 or 6 teams in one big move to try to get the remaining valuable brands in the geographic regions that they care about. BC and UConn would certainly lock up the northeast as BIG10 territory. Would love for anyone with inside info to comment.

Reaction Score
From following realignment very closely, my guess is that the most realistic scenario for UConn would be to backfill to the ACC if teams like UVA and UNC get poached by the BIG10. However, maybe UConn gets added to the BIG10 with other teams if they add 4 or 6 teams in one big move to try to get the remaining valuable brands in the geographic regions that they care about. BC and UConn would certainly lock up the northeast as BIG10 territory. Would love for anyone with inside info to comment.
UNC isn't going anywhere without Duke and UVA isn't going anywhere with out Tech (we saw that when the Big East was poached the first time).

Reaction Score
UNC isn't going anywhere without Duke and UVA isn't going anywhere with out Tech (we saw that when the Big East was poached the first time).
That used to be the belief, but Oklahoma state supposedly was always going to be attached to Oklahoma and that proved to be incorrect. Schools are focused on themselves and not even state politics will change that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Rumor has it UConn was already working the return the BE and communicated that to DH as part of the allure of getting him onboard for basketball.

I would be shocked if there aren't several multiyear communications channels unofficially going on before embers even begin to glow.

Reaction Score
Rumor has it UConn was already working the return the BE and communicated that to DH as part of the allure of getting him onboard for basketball.

I would be shocked if there aren't several multiyear communications channels unofficially going on before embers even begin to glow.
It would certainly help explain how UConn ended up with Mora as coach given that it seemed like he could have got much higher profile and better paying jobs. But if UConn gets into a major conference within 2-3 years and Mora turns the team around, then Mora would be looking at a huge payday and a chance to create a major legacy at UConn.

Reaction Score
? It’s in the original post… click the white arrow:

I got a block on that site through my work laptop... I did get a chance to listen to it via my smartphone... great listen... I'm cautiously optimistic short term ( year 1 and maybe 2 ), but way more optimistic the year(s) afterwards...

Reaction Score
I have no "inside info" BUT I'll share this: was at my sister's house on Memorial Day for a holiday party. My brother-in-law is an FCS level game official. While at a recent officials convention, he caught up with a colleague who officiates B1G football games. The colleague said that there has been a lot of back room chatter about adding UConn in the next expansion go-around. From his lips to God's ears.

Reaction Score
I have no "inside info" BUT I'll share this: was at my sister's house on Memorial Day for a holiday party. My brother-in-law is an FCS level game official. While at a recent officials convention, he caught up with a colleague who officiates B1G football games. The colleague said that there has been a lot of back room chatter about adding UConn in the next expansion go-around. From his lips to God's ears.
I'll accept that as inside info haha. The Michigan state AD said 2 weeks ago that there will be changes to the big 10. So the dots are starting to connect.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It would certainly help explain how UConn ended up with Mora as coach given that it seemed like he could have got much higher profile and better paying jobs. But if UConn gets into a major conference within 2-3 years and Mora turns the team around, then Mora would be looking at a huge payday and a chance to create a major legacy at UConn.

From your lips to the power brokers' ears.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
From your lips to the power brokers' ears.

Hadn't read your response when I made my reply. Here's hoping God is a power broker in college football and big time university alliances.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to get dragged into realignment.

Mora seems so engaged with this program. We have a dude with a younger coach's energy and an experienced person's wisdom.

Reading between the lines, he said he wants to look at film and judge the team on how it's playing rather than scoreboard. That just tells me that he expects a challenging year record wise which is totally fair and acceptable.

Reaction Score
When he's not reffing games I assume his Monday to Friday job is working at a carwash?

Let me provide another theory -- nothing much is going on with UConn (both the ACC and the Big Ten know how to reach us if they need to fill spots) but Mora's job is to sell tickets, and that kind of talk is one way to build excitement.

Reaction Score
When he's not reffing games I assume his Monday to Friday job is working at a carwash?

Let me provide another theory -- nothing much is going on with UConn (both the ACC and the Big Ten know how to reach us if they need to fill spots) but Mora's job is to sell tickets, and that kind of talk is one way to build excitement.
Yes, but it's fun to dream about the possibilities. However, getting a good crowd at games and having a winning season would be great no matter what else happens in 2022.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
How clean was his car!?

Reaction Score
everyone keeps mentioning carwashes and at this point I'm too scared to ask why since it's been so long

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’ll add something- on my twitter account a C-suite B1G official started following me around mid April or so… he did this to a few UConn accounts. He followed us for perhaps a week or so, then dropped us.

I think we are part of some discussions- but I also recognize that being part of a discussion is a long way from being part of the plans. Yes, I think there are some spreadsheet scenarios with UConn kicking around the B1G HQ. It might be under the super 18 or 20 scenarios. It might be under the P5 breakaway scenarios were we are one of a few non P5s given a lifeline. Politics of the P5 breakaway get easier if the top public school in New England is not left out.

Reaction Score
I’ll add something- on my twitter account a C-suite B1G official started following me around mid April or so… he did this to a few UConn accounts. He followed us for perhaps a week or so, then dropped us.

I think we are part of some discussions- but I also recognize that being part of a discussion is a long way from being part of the plans. Yes, I think there are some spreadsheet scenarios with UConn kicking around the B1G HQ. It might be under the super 18 or 20 scenarios. It might be under the P5 breakaway scenarios were we are one of a few non P5s given a lifeline. Politics of the P5 breakaway get easier if the top public school in New England is not left out.
I agree that we are part of the discussion, but clearly not at the top of the list. However, we solidify the northeast region and meet most of the other criteria that they are looking for. I do think the big10 wants to take action before other conferences negotiate new TV contracts. A move to bring in 4 or 6 teams would be ideal for them. Obviously UConn and any big12 school would jump at the opportunity to join the big10. I think the question becomes whether or not ACC schools would join.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Disagree regarding, well maybe regarding both. But as to UVA and VaTech, the issue with the legislature was that they felt that VaTech was being left behind in a moribund conference. It wasn’t the UVA in VaTech were joined at the hip so much as they just wanted to make sure that they had a viable home.

Sort of agree regarding UNC and duke, but I’m not sure I see UNC leaving $30 million a year on the table. And that’s just for starters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom