New Geico Fight Song | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Geico Fight Song

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
The best part is the daughter's complete look of disgust and then shrinking away in to her room. Perfect teenage reaction.
I always assumed that was the girlfriend. Totally mind blown. I'll never see that commercial the same again. Haha

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Just curious since several people thought the girl next to the guy was his wife/gf, who did you think was the lady in the kitchen?
Her mom, but it makes sense now.

Edit. Usually when that commercial comes on i'm totally focused/annoyed with the UConn game and i'm not fully paying attention.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems like there is an extra syllable with Andre Jackson. Should use Martin anyway as he is the starter.

eye-Zay-ah WHEY-lee, R-jay-cole, Bouk-nite, MAR-ten, Sah-NOGO....

I mean if we are going to do this, let's do it.
In the commercial they sing, "aaaah French vanilla, rocky road, chocolate, peanut butter, cookie dough." In my version, Andre Jackson fits into the "peanut butter" slot, so the 4 syllable name fits. Tyrese Martin also works.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For some reason I invented a backstory and it was his sister who was their houseguest at the counter. In retrospect that makes no sense whatsoever.

You get a like just for making a back story to have the commercial make more sense.

Wait a minute. Are you making a BY back story about making a back story as a cover for misinterpreting a commercial?

Reaction Score
That makes more sense now. The daughter looks ashamed that her father suddenly starts dancing. It's brilliant. The mike work and twirl with the ice cream scoop is a nice touch too.

Forget everything else, the smile on the mothers face is absolutely priceless!!! She is so excited it just cracks me up every time.

Reaction Score
"James Bouknight, R.J. Cole, Whaley, Martin, R.J. Cole! Scoop! There it is! Scoop! There it is! Shot-blockas! Shotblocka! Shot-blockas! Shotblocka!"

-Based on "Scoop" Commercial
Fixed it:

Iiiiisaiah Whaley, Rj Cole
Booknight, Adama in the post
Hoop there it is, hoop there it is
Boom
Shakalaka x3
Boom
Shakalaka x3
Boom
Shakalaka x3

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fixed it:

Iiiiisaiah Whaley, Rj Cole
Booknight, Adama in the post
Boom
Shakalaka
Boom
Shakalaka
Boom
Shakalaka
I find myself walking around the house saying "chocolata - chocolata - chocolata"

The transition from what sounds more like the "shakalaka" to the "chocolata" is smooth. Imperceivable to the casual commercial watcher or listener.

Reaction Score
The transition from what sounds more like the "shakalaka" to the "chocolata" is smooth. Imperceivable to the casual commercial watcher or listener.
Mind blown. Never noticed the chocolata.

Reaction Score
Sit down and get ready for this. The transition coincides with them squirting the chocolate syrup on the ice cream. As amazing as the Mets.
It really is one of the funniest, best executed commercials I've seen in a long time. Starting with the wife/mother doing the "Sure, whatever" smirk at the voiceover before looking over and seeing them actually standing there, the alignment of lyrics and toppings, the father's dancing, the daughter's walk-off, and (of course) "SPRINKLES!". Absolutely nothing to do with car insurance, but awesome nonetheless.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It really is one of the funniest, best executed commercials I've seen in a long time. Starting with the wife/mother doing the "Sure, whatever" smirk at the voiceover before looking over and seeing them actually standing there, the alignment of lyrics and toppings, the father's dancing, the daughter's walk-off, and (of course) "SPRINKLES!". Absolutely nothing to do with car insurance, but awesome nonetheless.

And I've definitely had to study and pay attention to make my own sprinkles performance art performance from my couch synch to the commercial.

Reaction Score
Just curious since several people thought the girl next to the guy was his wife/gf, who did you think was the lady in the kitchen?
I thought it was his wife/girlfriend which made the ending even funnier, that he starts busting a move with his mother-in-law! I was always focused on the guy but now that I look more closely, it is his daughter and very funny. So typical.

I have to add. I pointed this commercial out to shorty just last week and said, "look at the guy when he starts dancing. it's hysterical!" she just chuckled.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I thought it was his wife/girlfriend which made the ending even funnier, that he starts busting a move with his mother-in-law! I was always focused on the guy but now that I look more closely, it is his daughter and very funny. So typical.

I have to add. I pointed this commercial out to shorty just last week and said, "look at the guy when he starts dancing. it's hysterical!" she just chuckled.

Technically none of the family members are identified by their role or family status. We're all just projecting.

But, I think if we were all shown this commercial in a blind study and then told to explain what we thought was the family position of each actor, social scientists would be thinking some of us are messed up in the head and have some mommy or daddy issues.

Reaction Score
I perceived the man and the young woman as a couple. In retrospect, I think it's because they are the same height and standing close to each other. After reading this thread, I now see the man as the younger woman's father.

Reaction Score
Technically none of the family members are identified by their role or family status. We're all just projecting.

But, I think if we were all shown this commercial in a blind study and then told to explain what we thought was the family position of each actor, social scientists would be thinking some of us are messed up in the head and have some mommy or daddy issues.
For me, the fact that the two of them are dancing and the "daughter" isn't suggests the typical generational divide trope. The "father" and "mother" know who Tag Team is and think it's incredible that they're actually in their kitchen, rapping, and making dessert (as I would, frankly). The "daughter" has absolutely no idea who they are, thinks the whole situation is ridiculous, and just walks away (as my daughter or son would). That, and the fact that she's wearing a kid's backpack.

Spending WAAAYYY too much time analyzing this commercial LOL

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Awwwww Diesel, Tom and Chief and Dove. Okafor Prez and nelsonmuntz!

BONEyard it is! BONEyard it is! BONEyard it is!

Put in Poppers, put in Poppers, put in Poppers...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom