New Assistant (Poll) | The Boneyard

New Assistant (Poll)

Who do you want as our next assistant coach?

• Luke Murray

Votes: 84 46.9%
  • Dave Leitao

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • Christian Webster

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 20 11.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I get leitao was an assistant here but does he even want to be anything other than the head man anymore? What’s he bringing here besides familiarity from the old regime?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I get leitao was an assistant here but does he even want to be anything other than the head man anymore? What’s he bringing here besides familiarity from the old regime?
I tend to agree with this. But I think the best argument might be that he's done trying to make it work as a HC, he's so over qualified that it's almost guaranteed success, and being a part of something special at a place he probably still cares about. He also might want to lock in a job he can retire at. Not to mention he could parlay this job into another mid major gig in a couple years if he still wants that.

Reaction Score
Murray seems like a slam dunk, but does Taliek get the bump up? KFree was the only alum on the recruiting staff.

Genuinely asking. what makes murray a slam dunk? What was his role at louisville? Is he a recruiter/ offensive guru type?

Why did louisville get rid of him?

Reaction Score
I tend to agree with this. But I think the best argument might be that he's done trying to make it work as a HC, he's so over qualified that it's almost guaranteed success, and being a part of something special at a place he probably still cares about. He also might want to lock in a job he can retire at. Not to mention he could parlay this job into another mid major gig in a couple years if he still wants that.
Yea I don’t know enough to know what the best staff makeup should be. We have a grizzled old vet in Moore the up and comer in kimani, what’s best for the 3rd spot. My guess would be the young recruiter with a lot of hunger would be my guess. But another wise voice in hurleys ear I could be persuaded to buy.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I voted "other". Why not go in house? Don't we have one of our own right here on the BY who is an expert at recruiting, player development/management and x's and o's? He already knows every past, present and future UConn player and coach personally so it should be an easy transition, no?

Reaction Score
Genuinely asking. what makes murray a slam dunk? What was his role at louisville? Is he a recruiter/ offensive guru type?

Why did louisville get rid of him?
From CT. Went to UConn for a bit. Son of Bill Murray. Worked with Hurley at Rhode Island and Wagner. Has experience at Xavier and Louisville. Has been considered one of the best young coaches (multiple top 40 under 40 lists the last few years). Has been primary recruiter on a 5* recruit and a couple other top 100 guys. Has been called extremely detailed oriented.

Not sure why they got rid of him. Mack called him a superstar like a year ago. It's been phrased like his contract is up and they wanted to shake things up, but who knows about things behind the scenes. He was an assistant with Mack for 6 years. Reportedly he has been looking for a head coaching gig in recent years, so maybe Mack was just looking for someone a little more stable long term, which could also I guess be a reason for us not to get involved.

Reaction Score
From CT. Went to UConn for a bit. Son of Bill Murray. Worked with Hurley at Rhode Island and Wagner. Has experience at Xavier and Louisville. Has been considered one of the best young coaches (multiple top 40 under 40 lists the last few years). Has been primary recruiter on a 5* recruit and a couple other top 100 guys. Has been called extremely detailed oriented.

Not sure why they got rid of him. Mack called him a superstar like a year ago. It's been phrased like his contract is up and they wanted to shake things up, but who knows about things behind the scenes. He was an assistant with Mack for 6 years. Reportedly he has been looking for a head coaching gig in recent years, so maybe Mack was just looking for someone a little more stable long term, which could also I guess be a reason for us not to get involved.
Thanks. Didnt know he was on hurleys staff at ur and wagner. Seems like a slam dunk then. Sign me up

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

r u talking aboot the bill murray? this guy?

if so, sign me up. those post-practice talks of his will be epic.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Haven't heard anyone mention Taliek yet. I voted for Murray. Hoping to see his dad at games.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Haven't heard anyone mention Taliek yet. I voted for Murray. Hoping to see his dad at games.
KFs spot was the assistant who works with the big men. It was Kenya’s position. We’ll need a coach who can develop bigs. Namely Sanogo and Johnson. I think that lends itself to Leitao.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom