New ACC No Divisions Schedule Format 2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New ACC No Divisions Schedule Format 2023

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Divisions didn't guarantee the 2 best teams either.

Over an 8 game season there is a better chance of at least the best if not the 2 best teams rising to the top rather than hoping the best teams win each division
Yeah...I like this format better. You aren't locked into playing the same teams every year (other than the three) and the championship game is more likely to have the best two teams.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the ACC reasoning for Syracuse and BC being paired with FSU and Miiami was that Syracuse and BC both were able to argue that they deserved at least 3 years in Florida for recruiting.

An effort to assist parity? Both of the northernmost teams get 3 out of 4 years for away games in Florida. 2 at their match and 1 repectively at FSU/Miami since every team in the conference has a home and away against each team in a 4 year period.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the ACC reasoning for Syracuse and BC being paired with FSU and Miiami was that Syracuse and BC both were able to argue that they deserved at least 3 years in Florida for recruiting.

An effort to assist parity? Both of the northernmost teams get 3 out of 4 years for away games in Florida. 2 at their match and 1 repectively at FSU/Miami since every team in the conference has a home and away against each team in a 4 year period.
It has everything to do w/ recruiting Florida.

Reaction Score
A Miami-VT matchup, though, would be so much better for the fan bases interest than the Miami-BC.

Reaction Score
A Miami-VT matchup, though, would be so much better for the fan bases interest than the Miami-BC.
Maybe they just wanted to give BC a chance to dust off that old ass hail Flutie video from time to time.

Reaction Score
I’m sure the ACC would be happiest with an annual Clemson FSU championship game

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if the other conferences follow. I know someone mentioned the B1G needs to do this and I couldn't agree more. The same could be said for the SEC considering how weak the SEC east is, outside of Georgia.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if the other conferences follow. I know someone mentioned the B1G needs to do this and I couldn't agree more. The same could be said for the SEC considering how weak the SEC east is, outside of Georgia.

The rivalries are needed for TV. It will be interesting when a team loses all or most of its rivalry games and misses the playoffs. In the B1G, Michigan would keep OSU, MSU, and probably Minnesota, but throw in an ND and they have a battle on their hands for post-season relevance. They could draw USC too. Not an easy path to post season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom