OT: - Neutral Sites | The Boneyard

OT: Neutral Sites

Reaction Score
Surprised the article didn't mention UConn with all the neutral site games we have now...leaving us with ZERO high-profile non-conference home games this year. I know MSG is kind of a home court, but there's nothing like a high-profile game at Gampel. The goal is to get larger attendance and make the games more accessible but has anyone done the analysis on the longer-term impact this has on things like students' commitment to the team as fans post-graduation? Or on season-ticket holders' likelihood to continue to renew, especially if a team does not do as well for a few seasons?

Reaction Score
I disagree to a point. Big neutral site games where the fans are 50/50 are pretty fun. Also as a coach its the best way to prepare for the NCAAs which are the most important thing in the sport. But it should be a mix. Schools tha never play true non con road games are lame.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
We are playing way too many OC games out of Gampel/XL. I have emailed the athletic department...do the same if you agree. It's obvious that the fans want a big-time non-conference opponent at our house. When was the last? Texas @ Gampel like 15 years ago? I know the BE schedule is awesome, but I want Gonzaga in Hartford. I want UNC at Storrs. MSG is fun but it's nowhere close to the atmosphere that Hartford and Storrs would bring. Lets keep MSG games to SJU and the BE tourney. We should have the upper hand in some of these negotiations now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom